US to EU transfer: arguments against preconceptions

Are that many people moving across the ocean?

There’s no preconceptions on it , blizzard doesnt want to have that service , its worth it more to have people start over then allow an easy transfer . Do you still have to a buy a EU/US version of the game to play like back in the days or can you use the same account now ?

Its the same thing for a lot of current business , some offer delivery during these times and some simply dont care and closed off/pick-up only . Its their choice but its ours to decide where we do business :wink:

3 Likes

I’m so glad they gave us an /ignore feature on the forums again. Trolls like you don’t deserve to have a voice.

1 Like

You still have to buy a different version of the game :frowning:

1 Like

And what about you. Are you an innocent one or just another troll that bad mouths others?!?

I don’t think money is an issue for people who want to transfer. It is the loss of progression.

Right now, if I have to start all over on EU, I have to spend nearly $100 to start playing the current expansion. In all honesty, I would be ready to pay $100 for a transfer, if that meant my xmogs, achievements, green fire are preserved.

5 Likes

I was in a very similar boat some years ago. Gave it up. But I really hope it’s something they’ll work towards someday.

3 Likes

I’d transfer to EU in a heartbeat if I could. Time zones are a pain in my rear.

I raid with Aussies because it’s not the middle of my night.

2 Likes

Oh, how is the ping?

Because it isn’t a “switch.”

It would be moving the character files, along with possible regional differences (possibly involving some manual editing), from one set of region character servers to the other.

The basic reasons are:

• They actually set it up to not work.

• They don’t seem to want to do it.

It would obviously be a super premium price, if they even WANTED to do it. You’d probably be looking at a minimum of $200. But again, they don’t seem to want to do it.

As far as I know, Squaresoft/whomever runs the servers/games in those other regions as well. Wow isn’t set up that way, it is contracted out to someone in that other area (in a way.)

This is why it wasn’t native to Australia, for a long time (I thought it still wasn’t, but I was looking at old information.) They could not reach a deal with the Internet monopoly company, in Australia back then. This has since changed.

But that is because they WERE here; So you are arguing against yourself, basically. Australia used to have to play on servers over here, with a horrible ping. Eventually, some deal was finally struck there and it could go native. So they had to be moved from here, to there. Because of that, with however they set it up, they can still move (since they had to in the first place.)

Q: Where will the servers be physically located?
A: The game servers will be hosted within an Australian data centre, ensuring Australian and New Zealand players receive the best possible latency.

Q: Will I still be able to play with my friends who are on U.S. servers?
A: Yes! Because the new Australian World of Warcraft game servers will continue to communicate with the existing North American hardware, players will still be able to play with friends on U.S game servers, just as they can today. They’ll still be able to use their Blizzard friends list to easily group up and chat, regardless of where they are playing.

So because they were HERE, it is still “connected.” So it was not set up the same way as other region’s servers.

So it seems to me more like it is just “hosted” in Australia, but ran/connected to here still. They can even play with their old buddies, who are on regular US server connections. This is different from the other world “regions”, where the game is basically “ran there.” EU and such even have different forums, with different forum blues.

Yes, it would have been great if they HAD set it up that way originally in those other areas.

340ms steady.

Enough to require adjustment to strategy, like moving half a second early.

1 Like

I started playing in the UK in 2004! and I moved to the USA in 2013… I have both US and EU account’s and pay subs for both! I want to move or transfer my guild and char to the US account isn’t this not possible after all these years ???

It could be done. Blizz simply doesn’t want to do it. It’s very disappointing that they take this route. People do move all the time to other countries. I myself am wanting to move to an island off England so if I can do it then I’ll need to play on an EU server or have massive lag. So I have to just lose everything and start over? Absurd.

I play on OCE as the Aussies have better raid times for me.

My latency is about 340 ms, unless I use a tunnel, then it’s around 300ish. In the UK, you’ll have less than 100 ms to an east coast server.

That’s not “massive lag”.

The EU servers I think are actually located in Germany, so there’s that. I won’t lose 15 years of progress to start over again, and find another guild, on EU.

I played EU in Elder Scrolls Online. The instant they found out I was American, I got treated differently. No way in hell am I going to play EU here after that one, anyway, but the option would be nice. I hold Swedish citizenship now as well, but I can’t exactly go around saying I’m Swedish, not speak Swedish, and speak English with an American accent.

looks like blizzard is doing the same thing making people feel lost and hopeless that after all these years playing they expect you to just start over No no no if they was in the same situation they would want this service they should at least make it available to people who want it! and want to pay them MONEY $$ to them for this !

they should make this available when shadowlands comes out. be making it possible by putting into to the game while they making this new Xpat

100 latency is unplayable imo and I simply will play another game if it comes down to it. You might be used to way more lag but I’m not and it’s not ok.

also prepare to be grouped up with russian with nicknames you wouldn’t be able to write. My name is “russian dh” most of the time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hope you never get shared to a OCE server then.

100ms is NOT unplayable. But if you want to start over, EU is for you.

It’s a regional difference they make with many of their games. I come from Hearthstone where it’s the same thing.

We might not see it as a big deal, but it does appear to be for the company.