US Price Increase Incoming

I think US players might have more than price hikes to worry about in 2021, but maybe you’re right, speaking as a six month locked in sub because of AUD price hikes… I’ll weigh it up in about 4 months when that locked in price is about to expire

2 Likes

WoW isn’t worth $20 a month to me. I’ll be free of the expense.

41 Likes

You’re right. Everywhere is going to try to milk out that minimum wage bill.

1 Like

Even though I know it is related to exchange rates, it is still hard not to think it will happen. If they think they can do it and people will pay it, they will do it.

I think the real question is: would you pay more for the game as it is right now? For me, probably not.

2 Likes

Someone doesn’t understand exchange rates or taxes on digital purchases.

5 Likes

they didn’t increase the sub fee, don’t spread misinformation. They only increased the price for buy specifically 30 days game time and that’s it. You can still pay for 30 days by buying a one month sub at $15 and cancel it before it renews.

13 Likes

Dream on… because we’ll pay more but the entertainment you get out of it will be status quo.

1 Like

Greetings, Blizzard employee on their personal account.

23 Likes

I will laugh so hard if they try.

3 Likes

15 Likes

This is exactly my feeling. They are first increasing other regions and countries, then will hit the US last.

TBH, if they do increase the fees, I hope it isn’t just a pointless $1-2 dollar increase but instead a significant $5-10 increase, as I wouldn’t mind paying even $20-25 only if this means they bring back services, such as a real customer service department and use the extra funding to provide more in-game content, bring back tier sets, etc… but if none of that comes back, then it should be only $1-2 at most.

Good. The monthly fee should be increased to $19.99 USD.

This.

I also think the other regional increases are tied to VAT.

2 Likes

I’m not sure a game as old as Wow is worth a subscription increase. It’s definitely much less fun than it used to be.

27 Likes

Increasing the subscription cost during this pandemic where people are losing jobs left, right, and center is exactly the tone deaf thing Blizzard will do now that Activision has assumed direct control.

33 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

If they did it would make it even easier to quit, and this time not return.

Even battle passes in other games respect my time more for my money than this game does to even consider paying even $0.01 more than I currently do.

13 Likes

I’d be ok with it.

And if it meant shop services went down in price It’d be worth it.

Think about it. What real world activity can you do for $15-20 month that equals as many hours as wow?

Hell the Whole country is shut down right now but even a night out playing pool and drinking would be well over a that cost for a single night.

People are unreal going up in arms over the sub fee.

3 Likes

if it’s not worth the cost anymore then unsub. the game will go on without you.

2 Likes

^this. 100% this.