US Price Increase Incoming

Wait, you don’t want to support Blizzard? But they are such a good company.

1 Like

They won’t.

And I’ll quit for good if they do. Game isn’t worth 20 a month imo.

1 Like

Even if they did a price increase, it wouldn’t impact sub costs. None of the recent price increases involved sub costs, it was specifically for game time

1 Like

I’ve unsubscribed every four months or so for eight years. Good luck with that.

Oh I mean I quit in MoP I come and pop my head in for a month each xpac. This gon be the last time I do that forsure lol. So done with this company. Also 10 million plus people have been able to quit this game for good. I’m sure I’ll be just fine

I wish you luck. I keep trying .

Worst case scenario is i go play GW2 for no sub fee and better ticket time return.

I wont pay more for a game monthly when it has a 17.7 day ticket response time.

1 Like

Expansions are free though, in 3 of the 5 wow game regions. :stuck_out_tongue: Blizzard doesn’t charge the expansion fees in CN, TW or KR.

I know they’re going to and I plan on canceling when they do. We’re literally in an economic recession where millions of people are out of work … and they’re raising their prices. It’s a selfish thing to do at this point.

As an NA player where they charged the highest sub fee as well as charged for expansions, that means nothing to me. If they jack our prices, they will almost surely get a hard lesson in what happens when a company charges more for less.

I am sure a price increase is coming and I am surprised it hasn’t happened yet. We have been paying the same sub price for 16 years! $15 or $20 a month, either way I would get my moneys worth and dollar per hour spent, this game is far cheaper than most other forms of entertainment.

1 Like

Nice way to go back and edit every single post where you were wrong and insulted me. Keep it up. Next time, just own up to your mistakes and maybe apologize like an adult. :+1:

you mean where i had posts removed and decided to edit the others because you qq’d and probably reported the replies hence these system messages in my inbox"
https://i.imgur.com/5MaCqu0.png
“This post was flagged by the community”

either case, nothing wrong in my remaining posts

It’s cute how you think me telling you that I wasn’t going to continue to read your incorrect post is somehow QQing. I don’t flag people for their attitude. I reserve such things for extreme stuff that actually deserves it. I simply just wasn’t going to continue a conversation with you.

And of course there’s nothing wrong in your remaining posts. You changed them all to take out the attitude and incorrect information, instead of just saying, “sorry I was wrong.”

But since you seem to be unable to admit and learn from what happened, I’ll just continue to bypass your posts from now on.

what was wrong with them then mr smart guy?

The cost of hardware, storage and bandwidth of a standard to run WoW is a fraction what it was 16 years ago. GM assistance is non-existent compared to what it was 16 years ago. WoW is supported equal to any F2P or buy once and play for free game. The cost of the expacs and the Shop discretionary items are more than enough to cover WoW’s costs.

Cancelled in annoyance when the Oz price went up, re-subbed after a couple of weeks of expac 'cos I thought it was worth a go, cancelled again due to the terrible lag on Oceanic servers. Things are being done so much on the cheap that even normal gameplay is impossible, so afraid I’m out. Am exploring other options like ESO and various Steam games for my leisure. Might return when WoW is F2P.

Oil is traded in U.S. dollars. Your monopoly money isn’t.

Yeah - I kind of doubt it.

US Debt is traded in Chinese Yuan enjoy your Communism

Exactly! drives, cpus, blades, etc have gone down in price… over the past 16+ years. Server grade cpus which could set you back 12-25k each can be had for <4-10k for modern variants that can do and handle far greater equivalent processes and calculations as opposed to CPUs even 1 decade ago. Same goes with drives, where you can get far faster and larger capacity server grade Solid State storage for the price of what smaller capacity mechanical server drives cost 15 years ago, even cheaper if you stick with mechanical…

the cost of servers these days versus 16+ years ago when wow began, has come down so much that these days even small and private businesses keep servers on premises, rather than lease out server space as virtually all did just a decade ago…

It’s Moore’s Law at it’s finest.

Same goes with cloud servers (i.e. AWS servers), the drastic drop in price of those services over the decades, They have seen a ~50% price reduction approximately every 3 years since 2008 (known as Bezo’s Law).