Upset about customer support stance

I appreciate the help. I don’t know what else to think when I have an in game email letter stating that P sent the gold to M. When I transfer gold I typically don’t write anything in the body of the email. This one says “25000 gold”. I was xferring to M bec she was already in Ironforge set to buy heirlooms.

1 Like

Okay…so you have a letter on the receiving character, is that right? Then either they received the gold or your didn’t attach it properly. Either that, or it’s a UI error and you should try a Full UI Reset.

Think of it this way, Blizz has no reason whatsoever to lie to you. It’s clear that they’ve looked into your situation and provided you with the information that they can.

If the logs supported what you’re saying, their reply would have been different.

Unfortunately, we can only go by what you have said until such time that a blue might have a chance to look into your tickets and provide additional clarity.

Beyond that, it doesn’t matter what you write in the mail, all that matters is that the logs show the attachment of said gold.

I could send mail saying that I sent 8million gold but without the actual attachment, it doesn’t support anything.

3 Likes

Quick question. Are P, M, and N all characters of yours? Or were you expecting this 25,000 gold from another player?

Just saying 25000 gold doesn’t mean it was actually added to the mail.

That sounds like you entered that amount as the subject of the letter but not in the slot for where you enter a monetary amount.

Give me a minute or so to test something.

5 Likes

As I said, I don’t write anything in the body when emailing between characters. I didn’t write anything in this case either. Will the system let you send mail that is completely empty? I’m currently on a phone so can’t send any additional documentation. Just shocked and upset that they treated me this way, then I saw a similar customer service issue, hence my reply on this thread.

1 Like

Yes, they are all my characters. Just shortened the names for brevity.
P has ~100 gold now so that 25k is just gone. That plus their response is just wrong.

Um… the issue the other individual experienced was that they levelled unintentionally.

It really is better to start your own thread in the future, but I do hope you find the clarification you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, you can’t send a blank email nor does the system populate anything in the subject line for you.

You haven’t been treated an any unjust way though Chedz. They respond based on the system logs. That’s it. Their logs don’t support what you think happened. So they’re not going to suddenly give you 25k gold.

3 Likes

An empty email? I’m not sure, never tried. But if it’s as you said, and you added the phrase “25,000 gold” in either the subject line or email body, then it wasn’t empty and it absolutely would send.

Treated you what way? If you mean they said no to restoring your gold, they can only go on what their logs say. If you mean they have “threatened” you with account actions, that means that you have been abusive to the staff, or continue to open tickets about a closed matter.

5 Likes

Ok, so just tested with a default UI (did a full UI reset).

When I sent 25,000 gold to one of my alts, I still had to type something in the subject line before it would send. The game does not automatically populate the subject line with gold. Although, the Postal addon will do that for you.

When I sent just a letter to my alt with the subject line filled out and nothing else contained within the body of the letter – then all I seen was the subject line.

The alt received both letters and they both had hard copies saved in her mailbox.

Mail received with just a subject line:

Mail received with gold attached:

6 Likes

Have you tried a full UI reset, Chedz? If you rename the folders, they can be restored.

I’ve had missing items reappear following a reset.

1 Like

I did not and never have written anything in the body of an email between characters. No point since it’s just me and I’ve been doing it this way for 12 years without a problem
I’ve never seen gold not show up. The only way this email letter would say anything is if it’s system generated - I did not put anything in the body, only the subject, then attached the gold.
So I guess I’m just out the hard earned gold and it’s ok that they threaten with me account closure? My original comment stands. Horrible way to treat a customer.

1 Like

I have seen this before with the Postal addon. Simply put, P probably never had the 25k, but postal will autofill the subject line even if you do not have the gold. You then hit send and it sent the letter without gold.

You may have had a display error on P showing they had the gold, when they never did. Game Masters have the ability to go back weeks and see a character’s gold total over that time. I am guessing that P just never had the gold and you are thinking it is lost, when it perhaps never existed.

5 Likes

I do not use any add on for email. Only Altoholic to alert me to expiring emails, etc

Coincidentally, I think it was altoholic that broke my bags a few months back.

1 Like

Did you type out the subject lines then? The game does not do that for you. It could be something Altoholic does as well.

I used to use Altoholic, and I know personally that gold totals can get out of whack with that addon from time to time.

2 Likes

It simply doesn’t do that. Perhaps if you’re using an addon, the addon might add info to the mail, but the default system doesn’t. In fact, it literally won’t send a blank email.

Kyzera even did some sample tests and screenshots for you to see.

In all my time posting here (10+ years) not once have I seen a confirmed case where the mail system actually made a mistake. 100% of the time it’s been user error. I know that’s not what you’re hoping to hear, but it does provide some additional insight into the workings of the mail system in wow.

8 Likes

As others have suggested, try a Full UI Reset to see if your gold is still there. It may not be the solution, but it’s a first step.

Quite honestly, until we see what Blizzard’s response is, there’s really not much we can do. Blizzard does not just steal someone’s gold. Not only does Blizzard own the game, meaning they can generate as much gold as they wanted, if they were so inclined, but there’s nothing for them to do with any “stolen gold”.

When you are abusive to the GM staff, and/or continuing to open tickets about a closed matter? 100%. There can be consequences for those actions.

3 Likes

Nope, no email addons. I was actively buying heirlooms so I know I had the gold to xfer to the character waiting in Ironforge.
I hear all that gold spent will be for nothing in SL if heirlooms don’t add xp bonus, but I still didn’t want it lost in the ether!

My mail normally pre-fills as well.

I just removed every add-on except Altoholic, and the client no-longer pre-fills gold totals.

So:

• It’s not Altoholic pre-filling mail
  • It’s also not a feature of the basic client
3 Likes