Upping my non-combustion dps in mythic+

Can some of you experts weigh in on strategies to help my dps in mythic+ dungeons outside of combustion/bosses. I’m aware fire is really bursty but the disparity between my dps on mob pacs vs boss fights feels awfully wide. Currently it feels like a struggle to get over 35-40k on a pac pull, but during bosses with combustion etc it’s easy to get 80-100k. Are there corruptions I should be using to help with aoe damage etc? I pretty much just spam fireball/fire blast into flames strikes as they proc. Scorch if there’s movement and when mobs get low on health.

I guess it’s just frustrating to run with equal ilvl dps classes that seem to be well ahead on dps during the dungeon pulls.

Your help and wisdom is always appreciated!

Welcome to fire. If you aren’t doing high level keys (16+) with a tank that pulls around your combust, then what you see is close to what you get.

You should be hard casting flame strikes with ring of power. I can still pull 90k dps or so without combusting.

RoP, Meteor -> hard cast flamestrike, try keeping blaster master going as much as you can, wait until last bit before it falls before fire blast again.

You’re losing DPS but not hard casting FS with flamepatch on packs though.

Rune of Power into Flamestrike, double Fireblast, Flamestrike. When an enemy gets low, Scorch, Fireblast, and Flamestrike. Fireball is for priority targets. Other than that, you will still probably be 4th place on a pull, behind the other DPS and the Twidev tank.

Managing combustion is far and away a lot more important. Squeezing as many into a key as possible is vital, and something you’ll get more used to as you memorize routes. Getting the perfect Combustion is a lot less important than getting 3-4 extra Combustions, especially if you’re just using it during bosses like you’re saying.

Do you use combustion on non boss pulls too if there’s time to reset before boss?

And hardcast flamestrike and use double fire blasts when they’re available?

No fireball at all for pacs?

You should be combusting the first pull, barring dungeons where you fight the boss near the beginning of the instance. Especially on fortified, combusting trash packs is really important. Having Combustion up for the boss is less important on fortified, unless there are mechanics that require high burst on pull (Tidesage Council, Azerokk, etc). When Combustion is off cooldown, you should probably be using it unless it would: A. Be an actual waste (non-elite filler pulls), or B. You know you’ll need it in the future and if you use it now you won’t have it on the pull you need it.

I’ve been having this issue a bit myself. What I’ve figured out. If you know a tank is gonna big pull, use combustion and do your rotation to max your ignite like normal. Then, hard cast flame strike(especially if flame patch) double fireblast into pyroblast, flame strike till fire blasts are back around(rinse repeat)

Or you can cop out and grab living bomb. Either way is viable. Living bomb is just an easier way to just keep doing your normal rotation.(rop, meteor, living bomb, normal rotation, keep LB on CD)

I try to tie it in with a fireball so I don’t bungle the rotation.

But I could also be wrong, I just keep up with everyone else I’m running keys with like this. I should probably be pushing ahead of them but I’m not pro lol

I need to research this more - did a +12 tonight and hard casting flame strikes seemed like it wasn’t helping me much at all…but maybe i gotta connect them better.