Upfront cost?

I couldn’t find this info anywhere but just curious if there has been any news on whether there will be an upfront purchase cost in addition to the sub required to play classic?

Pretty keen to come back and check classic out and happy to pay the sub but not so keen on dropping additional funds upfront to purchase it.

it shares the subscription to current wow.

So as long as you pay the 14.99 monthly sub or purchase a gametime token with in-game gold from the modern game, you can download and play Classic.

Purchasing the current expansion, Battle For Azeroth or whatever, is not required to play Classic, only the monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription cost is required.

5 Likes

What previous poster said. Also, all versions of wow from Classic to Legion have no purchase price, just a sub. Blizzard now only charges for the current expansion. Eventually BFA will be free when a new expansion comes out.

3 Likes

Right, got that - realize we wouldn’t need BFA but wasn’t clear if we would need to actually purchase the new “classic” up front as it’s own game.

Thanks happy it’s just the sub without an additional purchase for the title

No. Its actually posted in so many places these questions show how little people actually pay attention or even look for the information they ask for

1 Like

Aren’t you a ray of sunshine on this beautiful morning

3 Likes

How dare you dwarf. Clearly that fair forsaken maiden has been through a lot! She doesn’t even have a jaw!

Put yourself in her shoes. Actually she may not have feet anymore. Shame on you. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

really depends on how you heard of it… Plenty of people in the dark who just barely heard about classic on a daily basis. trying to find info on the main wow website doesn’t really yield much information…

So for example, if you barely heard about Classic today, and decided to look into it by visiting the main website: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

It doesn’t really tell you any info whether if there’s a base game cost or not.

take a look yourself.

In my opinion, Blizzard should include a FAQ/Q&A section on the mainpage that answers this…
Q: “Is there any upfront cost/purchase price to acquire the base game?”
A: “No, Classic is free to download and enjoy as part of your subscription to regular World of Warcraft.”

2 Likes

Thank you for this - this is the crucial info that people need to know.

2 Likes

I know it’s hard to see but
See where you hit create topic? Yea. Pinned right below that 2nd topic in: Everything we definitely know about classic.

1 Like

You missed the links on that page for ongoing discussions and news? At this point if you don’t know about classic you must not internet. Lol.
My co workers know classic is coming and they don’t even PC game.

go back out to classic discussion forum and look at the stickies.
EVERYTHING WE DEFINITIVELY KNOW ABOUT CLASSIC
question 5.

1 Like

/thread

I already bought classic.

Isn’t that what streamers are for?

Click on the link you posted for Classic and one turn of your scroll wheel reveals the ‘How do I play WoW Classic?’ sections, where the first damn line says ‘Access to WoW Classic is included in and available to all players with an active World of Warcraft subscription—no additional purchase required.’

It’s also in the stickies on this forum. How hard is it to spend 15 secs researching something?

2 Likes

Wow sorry to cause so much angst with this simple question.

I did read the sticky and while it states it shares a subscription with the current game but I didn’t find this clear to whether an upfront cost was still required on top of that. I didn’t think it would be unreasonable for Blizzard to consider charging an upfront cost.

Glad it’s all cleared up now and sorry to cause many a panties to get twisted into knots.