Updating Issue

My computer is stuck on updating. I have never had this problem before. Please advise what to do.

Hey there Goldiee,

Thank you for reporting this update issue. We aren’t aware of any server-side issues that would be preventing players from updating at the time of this message. If you haven’t already, try these troubleshooting steps.

If you continue to experience issues updating, please run a WinMTR network test so that we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. In the “Host” field, enter “us.patch.battle.net” (without quotes).
  3. Start the test and try to update as normal. Ensure the problem occurs while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording data for about 5 minutes, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

I experienced the same problem. try restarting your computer should work after

1 Like

I am also having this issue.

Hi Goldiee, i used to have this issue as well. I suppose you are referring to the blizz launcher constantly having to ‘‘update’’ each time u open it? Afterward it would fail to update and u get stuck there and having to restart your computer in order to get the ‘‘update’’ to launch? If yes this is the same problem as mine and this was how i got it to resolved.

Open up ur World of warcraft folder, Go to Data Folder > Cut the ‘‘Indices’’ Folder out to desktop (Dun delete it yet).

Afterward go to your blizz launcher again and Wow, click the cogwheel next to the blue ‘‘play’’ button and then Scan and repair. Once done, let it run all the way to log in and char screen and into the world. If all else is okay, the problem should be resolved.

As for the indices folder in ur desktop, i would suggest keeping it just in case and monitoring ur launcher over the next few days and see if it help permanently. I deleted mine after 3 days once i confirm the issue was no more.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixed the issue for me, yesterday

For me, the last couple of patch Tuesdays have caused the Launcher to get stuck on updating. I have then needed to completely uninstall the Battle.net client. This worked last week, and all I needed to do was relocate my game directories, but this week it sure is taking a while to reinstall.

Today I had to use RevoUninstaller portable with a Moderate setting to get the agent uninstalled completely, then a new install worked instantly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.