Updates when?

Anyone know if we need a specific iteration of the game downloaded or do we only need the launcher?

If you get the beta invite it will show up on the launcher.

I signed up like 3 times for the beta, it may be worth a shot.

As Fraug said it will show up in the launcher, if you click the drop down menu under “Game Version” you will see an “In Development” section with PTR builds, if you received access it will show as “Cataclysm Classic Beta”.

You do also get an email except i got my beta email about 3 days after i got beta access.

1 Like

Yeah I give up

I bet you’ll get in, honestly it’s pretty jacked up at the moment anyway, I’m pretty much stuck until they fix some of the major bugs.

1 Like

As you are posting on a worgen, are those two also worgen and still in the starting zone? If so, the Known Issue post states that the Cata races are “unavailable” so I would take that to mean they are not yet ready for testing despite being able to create a character.

No I dodged that bullet by setting my hearth before I went near the “water” but yes both are worgen but my issues are class issues not race.

Level 50 hunter pet bar disappeared, and nothing works to bring it back or bypass it.
Level 40 Balance druid, spell power is not being added to my spells so he hit’s like a level 30 making it impossible to progress in the level 40 zones.

These affect all races they are class specific bugs.

1 Like

all my sod hunter friends signed up now. I told them how much better a ranged hunter is in cata compared to sod nerfest of ranged hunters, they all signed up yesterday. I’ll see how long it takes them to come on over.

Even troll druid starter zone is bugged. Cant get the raptor over the bridge. It despawns. You need to do that quest to unlock the rest of the hub. So, not a goblin. We are testing the leveling and stating we cant progress. When are the bug fixes coming?!

Human area is also bugged when you make it to westfall. buts its okay you can skip some of it.

The Worgen start zone is straight garbage. So many bugs there in addition to the water not spawning. Unable to interact with vehicles (They have allies quest), unable to interact with quest givers requiring multiple relogs. Falling through the ground, being teleported around the zone, crashes, etc…

I got my druid out of the starting zone but stopped playing her due to the class bug. Still trying to get my warrior out of the start zone but it seems like the bugs are getting worse…not better.

The sigil given in the DK starting area has a prismatic socket in it. Those were added in like Legion lol. I don’t know what frankenstein client this is, but I’m hoping we see Cata before 2028 at this rate.

You’re a Franken

Servers will shut down in 15 minutes.
/servers shut down a second after announcment.

2 Likes

Yeah haha… I was like wait… am I in a speed loop.

1 Like

prismatic sockets where in wotlk the belt enchant from Blacksmithing gave it, but anything that never had a socket that dose now will have one

Relics, Totems, Librams, and Idols had prismatic sockets in cataclysm. You’re right that I don’t think that one should. But 81 onwards even quest relics have sockets i believe.

Fair enough. Just found it strange to see in a Sigil in the DK area. Thanks for confirming, wowpedia wasn’t as clear.

There was a 15 minute lag spike from when they sent the announcement.

1 Like

So where the hell is the info on how long and what is being added to servers or did it just go down so they can add a god damn pvp server.

1 Like