[Updated] Upcoming Hunter Buffs for July 13th / 14th

I need to use haste because I’m survival spec

And yeah I get boat loads of procs with more haste

I’d love to get the conduit upgraded for it

I’m survival also. I know haste sims super high for us, but I have two hunters. My night fae hunter is haste/verse and my Venthyr hunter is at 40% base crit. I ended up focusing on the venthyr one for this patch.

I took two different approaches just for some variety I guess.

The Venthyr one is so far behind on M+ damage compared to the night fae that it’s really making me start to regret going venthyr.

Wild Spirits is almost 20% of my M+ damage.

Good lord that’s a lot of crit rating, you’d get some big slaps from the kill shots ahaha

I’d like to try a crit mastery build just to see how high the kill shots could go

That was my original intent also, but i’m not finding much crit/mastery gear. it’s mostly crit/vers so far.

Player versus Player

Hunter

• Beast Mastery

Could this be the point where you dont press KC at all anymore? :smiley:

I’m super excited to feel the power.

I’m personally doing well with dps in pugs so far in normal amd heroic.
I cant wait to see the growth after reset. Its been a while waiting.

Just to remember: our SV mastery only affect skill who have a focus cost. So, KS procs dont get value of mastery of SV (bombs too)

I don’t necessarily think this is negative. They are putting a bandaid on an issue that is ongoing which they knew about. Before 9.1 they could have addressed the issues with the class which they decided not to do. EVERY hunter on this forum has a right to be pissed at blizzard. The love to hunters is nice but as people have already pointed out it does not address BM’s behind on AOE and the mediocre pet damage. They should have addressed this before 9.1 but they decided to buff survival (which is our least played spec) and ignore the needs of the other two specs. The hybrids are doing better than the pure damage specs and that’s pretty sad. Blizzard has lost their sense of vision for classes and you can see by the way they band aid classes.

1 Like

Still counts as a focus ability even if you get it for free

• Beast Mastery

• [With regional restarts] Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot, Multi-Shot, and Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.

• [With regional restarts] Kill Command damage increased by 15% in non-PvP situations.

• Marksmanship

• [With regional restarts] Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, and Rapid Fire damage increased by 10%.

• [With regional restarts] Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.

• Survival

• [With regional restarts] Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Flanking Strike, and Kill Shot damage increased by 10%.’

Is the implication that all of these buffs apply to both PvE AND PvP? I ask because the KC buff is specified as only applying to PvE. That would suggest all the rest of these are PvP, too? Or at the very least, the BM changes are? If this is the case, I’m excited, but suggest everyone prepare for the potential backlash.

Yes, unless specified like with KC.

2 Likes

I was referring to the comment section of the post that OP provided. Not so much what people are saying here in the forums.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I agree with this.

Kill Shot is indeed affected by mastery. It used to cost focus and they removed it, but it is still affected by mastery.

complete yikesadoodle at the last minute kill command change…

The only reason they are negative is because they fear what we can do as a class. I remember the amount of crying that went on back in WoD when MM could outright own a lock one on one. Every time we as a class have an edge the rest of the community is in tears.

My best guess is that in PVP Survival does pretty well (well enough to have one in the top 10 and 15 players in 2v2 and 3v3 BEFORE the buffs) and the best Cov for Survival PVP is Venthyr using Flayed Shot so they probably didn’t want to make Survival OP in PVP…

Cobra shot was already almost equal to kill command damage wise. Now that cobra shot is buffed 15% in pvp but kill command isn’t, should we just spam cobra in pvp lol?