[UPDATED] Tune in June 9 for a live Shadowlands Update!

It’s already been stated that Shadowlands will be released in Q4 of 2020. Ion stated that it only took about a week to move the workforce to working from home. You don’t need to work in a brick and mortar these days, pretty much every thing can be done from home.

Cancelling or postponing the June 9th webcast has nothing to do with the expansion being delayed.

1 Like

Blizzard has given me zero reason to believe this is genuine. Every company is showing support because that’s the popular opinion. Its the non controversial stance to have right now. With Hong Kong Blizzard had the opportunity to actually take a stand in a market they have some leverage in, for the pursuit of human rights. but instead they doubled down and sided with a oppressive regime.

Anybody can pump their fist for freedom when they’re in the crowd, and its good press. But when its against china it cuts into their bottom line.

I’m all for BLM, but the posturing from game companies is nothing but that, posturing.

3 Likes

… could you atleast give us a release date? … id like to be able to put my vacation time in so i can binge game… if you make us wait a month for this announcement im gonna be pretty salty… not sure how a video game announcement would take any momentum or voice away from the BLM… in addition… you certainty didn’t care about the voice of the people in the last set of protests that blizzard walked into.

2 Likes

yeah, been playing since 2004 but considering this might be enough. I’m not really opinionated just done with companies pretending to be people. surprised that it’s something outside the game itself that’s making me disheartened and questioning.

anyway, these companies with their plastered ‘support’ all over their stores and websites not only just look fake and shallow and grasping like a scene of a hundred cats high-pitched meowing at their owner as she walk over to put the bowl of milk down, climbing up her leg and jumping on the table to get to it faster than it’s being brought to them, childish and embarrassing, once a company becomes involved/take stances with issues to the point where it affects their current customers and fans, they’re not really a business anymore.

1 Like

I honestly think they are doing all of this out of fear. Not because they necessarily agree with the situation. If any business doesn’t agree with or cares about the whole BLM stuff then they would get chewed out by media and lose business. If anything its essentially another business decision.

1 Like

So when’s this being moved to?

1 Like

that might be part or all of it but simply being a company who continues to be a loyal service to their current and future customers is all they need to be, and could lead by example. that’d make them look heck of a lot better than these companies clawing on top of one another trying to prove to public something they don’t even need to prove.

the owner or president of a company can come out and say how they feel anytime on any topic. leave the business out of it. the business isn’t a person. people feel, businesses deal.

the world handles so much, and to add to everything we’re all already experiencing, we have our company deciding for us that they’re taking away something a lot of us were looking forward to. sounds selfish and petty and I don’t care too much / not being childish, I just wonder if they care about their loyal customers and fans or their image and potential customers and fans more.

I’m getting tired of hearing and seeing companies spout their stances as if they too were people with hearts and minds and souls. leave the heart, mind and soul stuff to us humans, while you continue to provide your service to everyone. pretending you’re a human with a heart, mind and soul when you’re just a company with a product and service is disingenuous. not just blizzard in this cancellation but lots of companies who are just pretending to care.

While I do agree with this, people want to go after something that will affect the individual. So going after their business to sabotage it would be essentially the best thing they could do. That’s why this happens. Even though we are supposed to have an opinion, people don’t want other people to have their own opinions. They only want to hear what they want to hear. So out of anger and frustration, they will try to shut them down.

This 100%.

All I ever hear about is all the horrible things happen right now. We are not getting a lot of good news, why take it away what little we get? It’s bad enough the SpaceX/NASA launch got hidden from the spotlight.

8 Likes

The game itself is still oblivious and has nothing to do with the real world - however a press event for Blizzard, on the other hand, is very much part of the real world and subject to all of the pressures of the real world.

Voices need to be heard, as long as they are not from Hong Kong.

6 Likes

I’ll set aside the comparisons with Hong Kong, as that has already been covered quite thoroughly by others in this thread.

No rational person would think that an announcement event regarding a video game was stealing thunder from a concurrent civil rights and law enforcement policy debate in the wider culture. You can only be virtue signaling in the most transparent and cynical way possible, or, even worse, for whatever reason you’ve found that you’d like to have more time and you’ve chosen to make a go of it behind the cover of a death of a victim of police brutality and the anguish of those outraged by it.

I sincerely hope that you are only, once again, insulting the intelligence of your customers and fans by trying to cash in on social justice by broadcasting your supposed respect for it. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but, I hope what’s going on right now is… just… that?

6 Likes

Blizz, you guys need to just delay Shadowlands until 2021

What exactly are we supposed to be listening too then? I mean what exactly is going on in the world that is more important… now I’m CERTAIN the forum community can fill that in, because they are somewhat intelligent and know how to balance real life and a **** game… but what does Blizzard say is so important as to wait till the 11th hour and delay an announcement that we are so excited for? This is disappointing, and I think that someone messed up, didn’t get the project done in time, and now “Blizzard Soon” is now turning into a crap show. You’ve gone and made a game political… good job.

1 Like

I would like to sum most comments to this point: “I’m a WoW addict and I’m so angry with this decision I’m getting the withdrawl shakes…”
Albeit on a more serious note, I agree with a lot said here. This hardly relates to current events nor is it actively achieving something.

1 Like

Did this already play? Where’s the link? I can’t find it on youtube or twitch anywhere?

Blizz postponed it due to BLM

1 Like

Why have the details for CE still not released?

1 Like

Where did you find that out? I didn’t see that detail anywhere on the main page.

It is right there… "More important voices than ours need to be heard, and now is the time to listen. We are postponing our upcoming World of Warcraft: Shadowlands live stream planned for June 9, and will share more details about the expansion in the future. "