[Updated for Dragonflight] Munitions - If RSV was to return

She’s posted on topic previously. (See Post 50.)

A thread has to die first to be necroed. The OP being too busy to respond until later to recent comments directly to/on points relevant to his part in the discussion is hardly thread-death…

1 Like

Very very very easily, in fact. Demonic could have been a full spec in and of itself, an echo of Cata-era Demonology, building up energy and then shifting into demon form as it burns off. So many places they could have taken that, building up the differentiation of the abilities between the forms.

Demon Blades already is an entirely different spec, for all intents and purposes. It completely changes the fundamental nature of the rotation. Lean into it with more abilities and focus on the movement aspect (ex. Momentum), and it’s good to go.

The Chaos Blades set could be considered the “vanilla” Havoc experience.

2 Likes

If you think it was a necro-post, I can only urge you to look up what that actually means. Because that wasn’t it.

Yep, I know.

I quoted some of the things he/she said and answered the questions. His/her response was this snide comment about me “necro’ing” my own thread.

Okay, sure. Like I said, I don’t know much about DH’s.

While I actually really appreciate the diversity within Havoc itself and would rather an entirely different aesthetic for any other DH DPS spec, and probably only the one other rather than potentially splitting DH three ways (with less build diversity within each), I can certainly see where you’re going with this.

I think that just goes to show how interesting some talents can be. Personally, I’d prefer that more specs feel like they could border becoming almost three different ones, rather than half of all specs being largely so consistent in their aesthetic and/or playflow across any given build, manipulated only in small ways.

• Think, for instance, of MM with a bankable Wild Quiver [Rapid Fire, but better] mechanic, an Aimed Shot-related mechanic that took some of the best elements of Cata and Legion MM together, and a third, entirely new path, all within a first row that differently but roughly equally synergized with deeper rows.

Sidenote: Back before DH came out, I was hoping for a spec much like we have now for Havoc (but with a bit more fluidity and mobility baseline, such as via oGCD Fel Rushes), any manner of tank spec (I hadn’t gotten into specifics), and finally a Bane spec which was meant to be sort of the demonic trickster/assassin/off-caster big-brain spec. (It involved, among other things, face-stealing and soul manipulations, for self and enemies, through various Torments, if that gives any impressions.)

1 Like

Actually, that’s still easily achieved. Like, say for example that Havoc becomes baseline Demon Blades with Momentum. They lack Eye Beam, but instead Blade Dance becomes a major source of AoE damage for them (as well as single target via baseline First Blood), along with Fel Rush and associated powers (ex. Unbound Chaos). They remain exclusively in caster form, and Chaos Blades is their “major CD”. Their rotational aesthetic involves lots of dashing around, both physically via Vengeful Retreat and Fel Rush, and visually via Blade Dance.

Demonic becomes a second DPS spec, and the entire notion of that spec is building energy to enter Meta. The spec spends half or more of its time in Meta, similar to Cata-era Demonology (and frankly, similar to Havoc right now), and the rotational dynamic of the spec comes from abilities working differently between the two forms. Meta, instead of being a major CD, is in essence a stance toggle, except that being in Meta drains demonic energy, which is built up while outside of Meta. Eye Beam and Chaos Cleave (specifically, that Chaos Strike has substantial cleave, in addition to other benefit, while in Meta form) are their primary AoE. Their major CD is “The Demon Within”, which activates an empowered meta form that doesn’t drain demonic energy for the duration.

Very different aesthetics. One spec is a super agile skirmisher, zipping around the battlefield like a dervish, while the other is a giant hulking demon massacring everything dumb enough to get within range of their blades (or claw, tbh. I always liked the Vengeance aesthetic where their meta lacks glaives and just mauls the target with claws instead).

Part of why I’d like to see that is because Havoc feels like it’s trying to be 2 different things at once. It has elements of the fast, agile skirmisher, and also elements of the hulking demonic terror, but it feels like it’s compromised and sacrificed on both ends because both have to exist within the same spec.

It’s rather the same effect that existed back between Arms and Fury, or more to the point of this thread, MM and RSV, when the majority of abilities were shared between specs. Arms and Fury didn’t really have that much differentiation in older expansions. Frankly, neither did the rogue specs, and the warlocks specs were basically entirely interchangeable in Vanilla (Incinerate got added in TBC and was the first major step towards separating the specs).

Anyway, that’s a heck of a tangent, since this thread is supposed to be about an RSV concept, not Havoc.

1 Like

I remember back in MoP when it was an option

1 Like

This actually does sound cool; usually threads like these tend to come off as silly or without much cohesion but you do really seem to try to build onto the core of ranged SV. Pretty fun read

Sadly it’s unlikely stuff like this gets implemented but man it would be cool to see in the future!

9 Likes

Appreciate it Dillon.

Yeah, that’s very much the intent. Provide a basis/core that revolves around the old RSV spec, but one that also has additional elements pertaining to it’s intended theme/fantasy. Elements designed to allow the spec to meet the criteria and philosophies of modern game and class-design.

It indeed seems very unlikely. I just hope that we will see it(or something like it) in the game in teh future as, per any criteria really, there’s motivation to implement it into the game.

2 Likes

Wow, upvote from the Dilly. That’s a biggy, at least to me. I feel like you’ve run a fair amount of MSV in PvP over the last few years, ya?

I’m actually curious on your thoughts on MSV as a whole, it’s theme and playstyle, and whether you like the Legion incarnation or the BFA/SL incarnation better. If I could indulge to derail the thread a bit =P

1 Like

Yeah played it a bunch

I like the playstyle a lot, damage rotation was most interesting in legion minus explosive trap being a source of dmg (wildfire bombs are superior fundamentally), but flanking strike/throwing axes/legion mongoose bite were pretty cool for more of the actual melee spec focus

BfA was more fluid overall though, more of a hybrid of melee and ranged with kill commands/serpent sting/bombs/aote

I also liked disengage became baseline so we could have access to posthaste and the bfa honor talents let us have masters call+mending bandage+freedom which was nice

Azerite traits made bfa survival flow well with wilderness survival/primeval intuition and the spec sorta feels bland with their loss in shadowlands. Wildfire infusion doesn’t feel as good anymore because of it

Personally I’ve enjoyed both melee/ranged SV but shadowlands does suck because of the loss of azerite.

3 Likes

It was added in WoD. This is why whenever someone pipes in with “I wish SV had a lone wolf option” I say they should be asking for ranged Survival which had it.

2 Likes

It was actually meant to get a DPS cooldown in WoD but they didn’t go through with it. The idea is that instead of every spec having Rapid Fire they would have a unique spec-defining cooldown for each spec. Bestial Wrath for BM, Rapid Fire for MM, Bear Trap for SV. But Bear Trap was a) problematic in concept (imagine your big CD not going off because the mob moved early) and b) the only one that didn’t already exist so it would have taken a modicum of effort to implement and this was an expansion that largely had Hunters in maintenance mode before the big rework in Legion. Speaking of which, they likely already decided SV would be reworked as a melee spec before WoD even launched.

Another interesting mechanic from WoD: the Archimonde class trinket for SV made Black Arrow have a high chance to reset its cooldown when Arcane Shot and Cobra Shot were used; this allowed for true multidotting and funneling into Explosive Shot procs. Too bad the spec was utterly gutted that tier (+ left without CD burst in a tier that wanted nothing but 2-minute CD burst) so no one got to see it in any competitive scenario.

3 Likes

It’s weird, I feel like I’ve been a bit insulated from that. The major mechanics for MM that came from Azerite traits were the RNG reset on Rapid Fire (which was rolled into a legendary, and wasn’t that impactful anyway), the ~60% focus regen increase to Rapid Fire (which just means casting Steady Shot more), and the massive haste we got from In The Rhythm (further amplified by corruptions). That last one I miss, just because it made the spec feel so fast, like we were always under a Bloodlust effect dialed to 11, but it didn’t really change the rotation, just the pace.

I feel like of all the specs, MM lost relatively little, in terms of gameplay feel, from losing Azerite powers. Probably the only significant rotational feel difference, imo, is no longer having VoP (ya, I know it wasn’t the top option, but my hunter wasn’t really my “main” in BfA, and VoP was a ton of fun), and thus no longer having the like ~50-60s Trueshot build.

Some of my other toons, it’s a world of difference, though. Assassination without Shrouded Suffocation feels pathetic and lame, not to mention being forced back into a poison-focused build rather than the haste-stacking Exsanguinate bleed build we could run during Ny’alotha.

Ya, yes, the Archi trinket. That was the one that gave MM a substantial damage boost the farther from the target they stood, iirc. That trinket made my raid leader hate us hunters, since we were always asking to be exceptions to the “stack on the boss’s butt” raid strategy. That same trinket also gave BM permanent uptime on Bestial Wrath, didn’t it?

Spec-specific trinkets were actually kinda a cool concept, imo. Sorta like a mini single-slot set bonus.

2 Likes

Despite how many players feel(myself included) about what was done, going into Legion, I’ve never thought that there isn’t room for a melee-spec within the class.

It’s just the fact of how it was implemented, how it set a precedent from the devs that it doesn’t matter what the majority of the players want or like. It doesn’t matter what is best for the class as a whole. If the devs want to do something, they’ll do it, and they’ll throw whatever they can against the wall in an attempt to make something stick to justify what they’ve done.

They could’ve added it as a 4th spec from the start and it would’ve been a non-issue.

Pretty much yeah.

Despite the numbers, it was an interesting approach and looking back, it would’ve been so easy to develop it even further in the future for the spec. I genuinely thought we would get something similar to that effect(and more) with Legion, based on the changes to come. Until we were told of the…less-than-ideal…approach that was taken instead.

5 Likes

I wish this was the exact opposite of the matter. RSV was so awesome to play back in the day and I truly enjoyed it. Just as much as MSV was much better prior to the changes implemented in SL. I honestly would love to see MSV balanced out and RSV brought in as a 4th class, we deserve it.

3 Likes

Hmm…

Oh indeed.

And, looking at modern day spec designs and development, there are many ways to approach how you would further build onto what was RSV in the past. I just hope that if they finally decide to bring it back, that they’ll keep with the general theme it used to hold.

The reason I enjoyed playing it so much is because of how it approached the fantasy and the theme of a Munitions Expert and Trapper.

We’re all different ofc. But personally, I want to keep the focus on nature, wilderness, animals, along with the gadgety things like traps and Explosive Shot. Some select shots focusing on Magic is fine as long as it’s not intended to be about us as the Hunters doing the infusions of magic. But rather we just procure the arrows/projectiles to use in combat.

IMO, any approach to a deeper focus on the use of magic should preferably come from an entirely different class. Perhaps like a Hero class such as Dark Rangers or similar.

Agreed.

8 Likes

It has been a while since the last post in this topic, but due to some feedback, I wanted to take another look at what the concept could be like without Immolation Trap as a core ability, as some have voiced their concern about relying on such an ability for damage. With that in mind, it has been suggested to include electric-themed abilities/effects as they could fit the overall fantasy, and theme, very well.

Thoughts on this(below)? Compared to the concept in the original post that instead includes Immolation Trap.

As usual, any numbers mentioned are only here to provide further depth to the concept and are ofc subject to change.

Core Abilities

[Cobra Shot] - Instant cast
A fast shot that causes X Physical damage.

Generates 7 Focus.

[Explosive Shot] - 20 Focus - Instant cast - 10 sec recharge - 2 charges
Fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing Fire damage. The charge will blast the target every second for an additional 4 sec.

[Black Arrow] - 30 Focus - Instant cast - 30 sec cooldown
Fire a shot infused with dark energy at the target, dealing Shadow damage over 12 sec.

The periodic damage-effect applied by Black Arrow can be stacked up to 3 times on the same enemy.

[Serpent Sting] - 15 Focus - Instant cast
Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take Nature damage over 15 sec.

[Arcane Shot] - 20 Focus - Instant cast
A quick shot that causes X Arcane damage.

[Multi-Shot] - 40 Focus - Instant cast
Fires several missiles, hitting up to 5 targets within 8 yards of your current target for X Physical damage.

Multi-Shot applies Serpent Sting to all targets hit.

[Surging Shot] - 25 Focus - Instant cast - 1 minute cooldown
Fire a shot with an attached electrical charge that will send Electrifying Shocks through the enemy that’s been hit, dealing X Nature damage every 2 sec, over 20 sec.

Class-wide abilities

[Kill Shot] - 10 Focus - Instant cast - 10 sec recharge - 1 Charge
You attempt to finish off a wounded target, dealing X Physical damage.

Only usable on enemies with less than 20% health.

Major Cooldown

[Munition Tactics] - 20 sec duration - 2 minute cooldown.
Increases your haste by X% and instantly triggers Lock & Load(Passive). When Explosive Shot is used during Munition Tactics, this resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.

Any time Explosive Shot deals damage to a target affected by Black Arrow, during Munition Tactics, this will cause the periodic damage effect applied by Black Arrow to spread to nearby enemies as well.
(This effect is replaced by a different passive effect when engaged in instanced PvP; If your Black Arrow is at any time dispelled or otherwise removed from an enemy target, this instantly resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.)

Mastery

[Mastery Bonus: Toxicology] - Increases all non-physical damage dealt by X%, based on Mastery.

Passive Effects

[Lone Wolf] - Increases your damage by 10% when you do not have an active pet.

[Lock and Load] - Periodic damage dealt by Black Arrow and Surging Shot have a chance to cause your next Explosive Shot to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown.

[Trap Mastery] - Tar Trap now slows approaching enemies by an additional X%, and the effect sticks to the enemy for 3 seconds after they have left the tar.

The trigger radius, as well as the radius of the residual tar patch left by your Tar Trap, is increased by 25%.

Freezing Trap can now be triggered manually by the hunter once placed, causing it to form a fragile Ice Block that you can stand behind to protect yourself from frontal attacks until shattered. The ice block shatters after 8 seconds or once it has sustained enough damage.
Manually triggering it requires you to stand in close vicinity to the trap.

[Serpent’s Focus] - Using Cobra Shot several times in a row will increase the amount of Focus generated by each shot by 4. Stacking up to 3 times.

[Serpent Spread] - Targets hit by Multi-Shot are also afflicted by Serpent Sting equal to 9 sec of it’s duration.

[Exotic Munitions] - Your Auto Attacks have a chance to increase the remaining duration of either Serpent Sting, Black Arrow or Surging Shot by 5 seconds, on an enemy affected by either of these periodic damage effects.

Utility/defensives

Includes all other abilities, such as [Tar Trap][Frost Trap][Aspect of the Turtle][Concussive Shot][Counter Shot][Tranquilizing Shot][Misdirection][Pet Utility][Exhilaration][Disengage][Feign Death], and more.

Note that I would prefer if(on a class-wide basis)

[Posthaste] - becomes a baseline effect.
[Master’s Call] - becomes a baseline ability again.
[Pet Specializations] - Ferocity, Tenacity, and Cunning, if they were changeable again.
[Revive Pet] - Cast time brought down to 2 seconds again.
[Camouflage] - becomes a baseline ability again.

Talents

– Level 15 –

[Ever Burning] - If you fire Explosive Shot into an enemy already affected by a previous charge, the remaining duration of that charge is refreshed as well as increased by an additional 3 seconds.

An active charge can only have a max duration of 9 seconds.

Exotic Munition-procs, when they occur, always increases the remaining duration of any active Explosive Shot charges you have on the current target by 3 seconds.

[Noxious Stings] - Increases the periodic critical damage of your Explosive Shot, Serpent Sting, and Black Arrow by 25%, and Serpent Sting now deals increased damage against targets below 30% health.

[Fusion Shot] - (Replaces Cobra Shot) - 1.5s cast time(castable while moving) - 6 sec recharge - 2 Charges
Fire a charged shot into the target, dealing Physical damage.

When your next ability that deals periodic damage hits the target, this triggers a volatile fusion immediately causing it to erupt instantly dealing additional damage equal to 40% of it’s total duration. The target will take additional damage of the same type as the ability used to trigger the fusion for the next 12 sec.

Generates 25 Focus.

– Level 25 –

[Death Adder] - Serpent Sting also does instant damage equal to 30% of it’s total periodic effect. Also applies to Serpent Spread(Passive).

Every time Serpent Sting deals damage, you have a chance to gain 3 Focus.

If the passive effect “Exotic Munitions” procs while your Serpent Sting is active on the target, this also triggers the Death Adder-effect.

[Predator] - Casting Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Serpent Sting, or Multi-Shot reduces the Focus cost and increases the damage of your next Arcane Shot by 30%. This effect stacks.

[Viper Venom] - Whenever Serpent Sting deals damage, there’s a chance that this can cause all other periodic damage effects you have applied to the target to instantly deal damage equal to one tick of their total effect.

If this proc occurs when the target is affected by Black Arrow, this will instantly refresh it’s remaining duration and restore 8 Focus back to you.

– Level 30 –

[Trailblazer] - [Natural Mending]

[Bestial Dicipline] - (Replaces Camouflage as a talent choice) - While your pet is active, you and your pet(s) regenerate X% of total health every 3 sec. Healing done to you and your pet(s) is increased by X%.

Damage taken by your pet(s) is reduced by 15%.

When Lone Wolf(Passive) is active, you continue to heal for the same amount of health.

– Level 35 –

[Cluster Shot] - 25 Focus - Instant cast - 15 sec cooldown.
Fire a shot which explodes on impact, instantly dealing Physical damage to the primary target and all other nearby enemies, and causing them to bleed for an additional X Physical damage over 3 sec.

Explosive Shot-charges which are still active on any target(s) hit by Cluster Shot will instantly erupt, dealing all remaining damage to the affected target(s) at once.

[Full Circuit] - While other enemies are close to a target affected by Surging Shot, this allows Electrifying Shocks to jump between them, dealing additional Nature damage to each enemy it hits, as well as dealing damage to any enemy that is near the primary target of a jump.

If at any point the charge cannot jump to another target, it overloads, blasting any enemy within 12 yards for additional Nature damage and creates an Arc Field that lasts for 5 sec. Any enemy that steps into the field has a high chance of being affected by Elecrifying Shock yet again.

[T.N.T.] - Explosive Shot now deals damage to all enemies near the affected target.

– Level 40 –

[Born to be Wild] - [Binding Shot]

[Adaptation] - (Replaces Posthaste as a talent choice) Getting hit with an incapacitating effect(Stun/Fear), reduces the remaining cooldown of your Aspect of the Turtle by 30%. This effect has an internal cooldown of X sec.

Aspect of the Turtle is now usable when incapacitated.

When rooted or slowed, the remaining cooldown of Aspect of the Cheetah is reduced by 15 seconds. Aspect of the Cheetah frees you from movement impairing effects and you cannot be slowed below 100% movement speed while it’s active.

– Level 45 –

[Spitting Cobra] - Cobra Shot now deals an additional X% damage as Nature damage and extends the remaining duration of Serpent Sting on the enemy target by X sec.

Cobra Shot now has a high chance of generating double Focus when fired.

• [Exothermia] (Requires talent: Fusion Shot)
    Increases your critical strike chance against any enemy you hit with Fusion Shot by X% for 12 sec. Dealing Fire damage to the target extends this effect even further.
    Fusion Shot generates an additonal 10 Focus over 5 sec.

[E.M.F.] - While the periodic damage effect from Surging Shot remains active, the remaining cooldown of Surging Shot is reduced by 0.5 sec every time you deal periodic damage to the affected target. In addition, if an enemy target dies while affected by Surging Shot, the remaining cooldown is reset.

[Intoxication] - Your ranged Auto Attacks have a chance to grant you 2 stacks of Intoxication. When Black Arrow is refreshed or when it expires from an enemy, you gain this effect as well.

• Intoxication
    When you use an ability that deals instant damage, it has a 100% chance to be a critical strike.
    When you use an ability that deals periodic damage, damage caused by this ability is increased by an additional X%.

– Level 50 –

[Rapid Recuperation] - Damage caused by Explosive Shot have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown of Munition Tactics by 1 sec.

Whenever Lock & Load procs, this causes the next Explosive Shot fired to have a 100% chance for each of it’s ticks to reduce the remaining cooldown of Munition Tactics by 1 sec.

Catalysis - Duration 10 sec.
Black Arrow increases any Fire-damage you deal to an enemy by X%.

In addition, Explosive Shot-charges granted by Lock & Load extend the remaining duration of Black Arrow by 1 second every time they deal damage to the affected target.

[Resourcefulness] - Reduces the cooldown of all traps and Black Arrow by 20%. Your Freezing Trap and Tar Trap both have a 100% chance to proc Lock & Load when triggered.

Freezing Trap when triggered manually can now withstand 100% more damage before shattering.

When an enemy breaks free from your Freezing Trap, they will take an additional 10% damage from all sources for the next X seconds.

Bonus effects/Bonus Traits

Got no good names for these traits/bonuses yet but…just wanted to add in some potential fun bonus effects that are spec specific. They can be tied to things such as Set Bonuses or something similar to Artifact Traits/Azerite Traits of the past.

(1) Lock and Load now grants 2 charges of Explosive Shot when it procs, instead of 1.

(2) When you get a Exotic Munitions-proc. It will grant you an additional bonus effect depending on which periodic damage-effect it benefits.

Serpent Sting - Until the current Serpent Sting debuff expires or is refreshed, every time it deals damage to the target, you instantly gain 3 Focus.

Black Arrow - The remaining cooldown of Black Arrow is instantly reset.

Surging Shot - Triggers an Electrifying Shock that deals instant Nature damage equal to the remaining duration of the periodic effect from Surging Shot.

(3) Arcane Shot now triggers the passive effect “Exotic Munitions” when it hits an enemy target.

1 Like

You should try Venthyr if you’re looking for that feeling. Flayed Shot is the same mechanic.

This concept has been updated to fit the philosophies and changes to the design of classes as a whole, as we can see for Dragonflight. All baseline abilities that are given on a class-wide basis would be the same for all hunter specs, incl this one. As for the talents for Munitions(old RSV), see below.

As usual, any numbers mentioned are only here to provide further depth to the concept and are ofc subject to change. Feedback is appreciated!

Starting ability in the class tree, given for free

I would move Serpent Sting from its current position in the class tree, to take the place of Concussive Shot as a starting talent. Concussive Shot itself I would simply move 1 row down, like the image shows. The image itself, other than the aformentioned changes, is the same as the current up-to-date version, seen in the Alpha for Dragonflight. As per the title of this section, this new spec would be given Serpent Sting for free, similar to how for example Beast Mastery gets Kill Command for free.

[Serpent Sting] - 10 Focus - Instant cast
Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take Nature damage over 18 sec.

[Placeholder talent] - The PH talent in the image could simply be one that, if picked, gives you -/- % more non-physical damage dealt.

Mastery Bonus

[Mastery Bonus: Toxicology] - Increases all non-physical damage dealt by X%, based on Mastery.

Specialization Talents

Below, you’ll find that Lone Wolf is present as a talent option in the tree. Both Marksmanship, and what was Survival in Warlords of Draenor, they were both given Lone Wolf as a talent option, so I see no issue in it being a thing in this version either. Though, like with the current alpha-version of Marksmanship, I would argue that Lone Wolf shouldn’t be a talent, but a baseline passive for both of these specs. For anyone who wishes to make use of it.

Below is an image, showing the first mock-up sketch of what the spec tree for Munitions(old RSV) could look like, based on the new design. Below the image, explanations and tooltips are present for all the talent nodes. Again - Feedback is of course much appreciated. There are also an additional note at the bottom of the post, regarding a specific talent: Dark Minion, that is present in the talent tree.

-Row 1-

[Explosive Shot] - 20 Focus - Instant cast - 10 sec recharge - 2 charges
Fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing Fire damage. The charge will blast the target every second for an additional 4 sec.

-Row 2-

Choice node, pick one of the following talents

[Cobra Shot] - Instant cast
A fast shot that causes X Physical damage.

Generates 10 Focus.

[Fusion Shot] - 2 sec cast time(castable while moving) - 6 sec recharge - 2 Charges
Fire a charged shot into the target, dealing Physical damage.

When your next ability that deals periodic damage hits the target, this triggers a volatile fusion immediately causing it to erupt instantly dealing additional damage equal to 25% of it’s total duration. The target will take additional damage of the same type as the ability used to trigger the fusion for the next 12 sec.

Generates 25 Focus.

[Lone Wolf] - Increases your damage by X% when you do not have an active pet.

[Black Arrow] - 30 Focus - Instant cast - 30 sec cooldown
Fire a shot infused with dark energy at the target, dealing Shadow damage over 12 sec.

The periodic damage-effect applied by Black Arrow can be stacked up to 3 times on the same enemy.

-Row 3-

[Serpent’s Focus] - Cobra Shot generates 3/6 additional Focus per cast.

Cobra Shot now has a high chance of generating double Focus when fired.

[Exothermia] (Requires talent: Fusion Shot)
Increases your critical strike chance against any enemy you hit with Fusion Shot by X% for 12 sec. Dealing Fire damage to the target extends this effect even further.
Fusion Shot generates an additonal 10 Focus over 5 sec.

[Exotic Munitions] - Your Auto Attacks have a chance to increase the remaining duration of Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, Immolation Trap, and Surging Shot by 5 seconds, on an enemy affected by either of these periodic damage effects.

[Lock and Load] - Periodic damage dealt by Black Arrow have a chance to cause your next Explosive Shot to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown.

-Row 4-

[Spitting Cobra] - Cobra Shot now deals an additional X% damage as Nature damage and extends the remaining duration of Serpent Sting on the enemy target by X sec.

[Noxious Stings] - Increases the periodic critical damage of your Serpent Sting by 20%. Increases the periodic critical damage of Explosive Shot and Black Arrow by 20% on targets affected by Serpent Sting.

[Ever Burning] - If you fire Explosive Shot into an enemy already affected by a previous charge, the remaining duration of that charge is refreshed as well as increased by an additional 3 seconds.

An active charge can only have a max duration of 9 seconds.

[Multi-Shot] - 40 Focus - Instant cast
Fires several missiles, hitting all enemies within 8 yards of your current target for Physical damage.

[Vespoid Venom] - Whenever Serpent Sting deals damage, there’s a chance that this can cause all other periodic damage effects you have applied to the target to instantly deal damage equal to one tick of their total effect.

If this proc occurs when the target is affected by Black Arrow, this will instantly refresh it’s remaining duration and restore 8 Focus back to you.

[Rapid Reload] - Lock and Load now grants 2 charges of Explosive Shot when it procs, instead of 1.

Catalysis - Duration 10 sec.
Black Arrow increases any Fire-damage you deal to an enemy by 5/10%.

In addition, Explosive Shot-charges granted by Lock & Load extend the remaining duration of Black Arrow by 1 second every time they deal damage to the affected target.

-Row 5-

[Improved Serpent Sting] - Serpent Sting now deals -/-% increased damage against targets below 30% health.

[Exotic Munitions: Ever Burning] - Exotic Munition-procs, when they occur, always increase the remaining duration of any active Explosive Shot charge you have on the current target by 3 seconds.

[Improved Explosive Shot] - Damage dealt by Explosive Shot increased by 5/10%.

[Serpent Spread] - Targets hit by Multi-Shot are also afflicted by Serpent Sting equal to 9 sec of it’s duration.

[Wyrmstalker] - Casting Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Serpent Sting, or Multi-Shot reduces the Focus cost and increases the damage of your next Arcane Shot by 15/30%. This effect stacks.

[Intoxication] - Your ranged Auto Attacks have a 5/10% chance to grant you 2 stacks of Intoxication. When Black Arrow expires from an enemy, you gain a stack of this effect as well.

• Intoxication
    When you use an ability that deals instant damage, it has a 100% chance to be a critical strike.
    When you use an ability that deals periodic damage, damage caused by this ability is increased by an additional X%.

-Row 6-

[Death Adder] - Serpent Sting also deals instant damage equal to 30% of it’s total periodic effect. Also applies to Talent: Serpent Spread.

Every time Serpent Sting deals damage, you have a chance to gain 3 Focus.

[T.N.T.] - Explosive Shot now also deals 20/40/60% damage to all enemies near the primary target.

[Munition Tactics] - 20 sec duration - 2 minute cooldown.
Increases your haste by X% and instantly triggers Lock & Load. When Explosive Shot is used during Munition Tactics, this resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.

The Focus cost of all offensive abilities is reduced by X% while Munition Tactics is active.

[Exotic Munitions: Arcane Shot] - Arcane Shot now has a X% chance to trigger an Exotic Munitions-proc when fired.

[Surging Shot] - 25 Focus - Instant cast - 1 minute cooldown
Fire a shot with an attached electrical charge that will send Electrifying Shocks through the enemy that’s been hit, dealing Nature damage every 2 sec, over 20 sec.

-Row 7-

[Exotic Munitions: Death Adder] - If the passive effect “Exotic Munitions” procs while your Serpent Sting is active on the target, this also triggers the Death Adder-effect.

[Immolation Trap] - Instant cast - 1 minute cooldown
Hurls a fire trap to the target location that will burn the first enemy to approach for Fire damage over 20 sec. The trap will exist for 1 min.

[Munition Tactics: Black Arrow] - Any time Explosive Shot deals damage to a target affected by Black Arrow, during Munition Tactics, this will cause the periodic damage effect applied by Black Arrow to spread to nearby enemies as well.

(This effect is replaced by a different passive effect when engaged in instanced PvP; If your Black Arrow is at any time dispelled or otherwise removed from an enemy target, this instantly resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.)

[Improved Black Arrow] - Damage dealt by Black Arrow increased by 5/10%.

[ “Surgery” ] - Whenever Surging Shot deals damage via Electrifying Shocks, it has a -/-% chance to deal damage a second time.

[E.M.F.] - While the periodic damage effect from Surging Shot remains active, there’s a 50/100% chance for the remaining cooldown of Surging Shot to be reduced by 0.5 sec every time you deal periodic damage to the affected target. In addition, if an enemy target dies while affected by Surging Shot, the remaining cooldown is reset.

This effect only applies to the initial target of Surging Shot.

-Row 8-

[Inferno] - Increases damage dealt by Immolation Trap by 5/10%.

If an enemy that is affected by Explosive Shot is within, or if you hit an enemy with Cluster Shot within 10 yards of an armed Immolation Trap, this will set off the trap, causing a wave of fire to engulf all nearby enemies within 10 yards of the trap.

[Pre-Heat] - The cooldown of Immolation Trap is reduced by 5 seconds every time Immolation Trap deals critical damage to the enemy target. In addition, if an enemy target dies while affected by Immolation Trap, it’s cooldown is reset.

[Exotic Munitions: Immolation Trap] - When you get a Exotic Munitions-proc, it will grant you an additional bonus effect when it extends the duration of Immolation Trap.

• Increases damage dealt by Immolation Trap by -/-% for the remaining duration.

[Rapid Recuperation] - Damage caused by Explosive Shot have a -/- chance to reduce the remaining cooldown of Munition Tactics by 1 sec.

Whenever Lock & Load procs, this causes the next Explosive Shot fired to have a 50/100% chance to reduce the remaining cooldown of Munition Tactics by 1 sec every time it deals damage to the target.

[Dark Minion] - When Black Arrow deals damage to an enemy, it has a chance to summon an undead minion to aid you in combat, attacking that same enemy for 15 sec.

If an enemy dies with Black Arrow still active on it, a powerful minion will reanimate to serve you for 60 sec. This can only happen once every 45 sec.

[Shocking] - When Surging Shot deals damage through Electrifying Shocks, you have a -/- chance to trigger Lock & Load, granting a free charge of Explosive Shot.

[Full Circuit] - Electrifying Shocks from Surging Shot can now jump to enemies near the primary target, dealing additional Nature damage to each enemy it hits, as well as dealing damage to any enemy that is near the target of a jump.

-Row 9-

[Wildfire] - 8 sec duration
The periodic damage effect applied by Immolation Trap will now spread to any enemy standing in close range to an already burning target. As long as an enemy is within range of another enemy affected by Wildfire or Immolation Trap, the Wildfire will continue to spread.

[Volatile Concoctions] - When Explosive Shot deals damage to an enemy affected by Black Arrow, there’s a chance that this adds another stack to the periodic damage effect of Black Arrow.

[Exotic Munitions: Black Arrow] - When you get a Exotic Munitions-proc, it will grant you an additional bonus effect when it extends the duration of Black Arrow.

• The remaining cooldown of Black Arrow is instantly reset.

[Exotic Munitions: Surging Shot] - When you get a Exotic Munitions-proc, it will grant you an additional bonus effect when it extends the duration of Surging Shot.

• Triggers an Electrifying Shock that deals instant Nature damage equal to the remaining duration of the periodic effect from Surging Shot.

[Double-charged] - Surging Shot now has 1 additional charge.

[Exotic Munitions: Full Circuit] - The chance to proc Exotic Munitions is increased by X% on enemies affected by Electrifying Shock.

-Row 10-

[Cluster Shot] - 25 Focus - Instant cast - 15 sec cooldown.
Fire a shot which explodes on impact, instantly dealing Physical damage to the primary target and all other nearby enemies, and causing them to bleed for an additional X Physical damage over 3 sec.

Explosive Shot-charges which are still active on any target(s) hit by Cluster Shot will instantly erupt, dealing all remaining damage to the affected target(s) at once.

[Static Overload] - Instant - 1.5 min cooldown
Overload an Electrifying Shock on the current target, blasting the primary target along with all enemies within 12 yards for additional Nature damage and consumes the charge in the process. When such an overload occurs, the discharge creates an Arc Field that lasts for X sec. Any enemy that steps into the field has a high chance of being affected by Electrifying Shock yet again.

[Supercharge] - Instant - 1 min cooldown
Increases the critical strike chance and damage of the next Surging Shot by 30%, and also increases the base duration by 5 sec.

Note regarding “Talent: Dark Minion”

I decided to include this talent as, due to the recent quest chain, and customizations that were added in-game. These allow players to change the appearance of their hunter characters to more closely resemble Dark Rangers. Based on this, in short, I wanted to give anyone who enjoys that fantasy and theme an option to embrace it even more.

Changelog

2022-07-20

• Reworked the entire concept to fit with the changes coming in the Dragonflight-expansion.
  • Added additional ranks to certain talents in key positions.

2022-07-22

• Added a new talent called Inferno in the 8th row.

• Added a new talent called Shocking in the 8th row, along with new paths to avoid having to take nodes for AoE tied to Surging Shot. Making the AoE optional.

2022-07-30

• Moved a part of the effect that was provided by talent: Spitting Cobra, over to talent: Serpent’s Focus instead. The effect that gives Cobra Shot casts a chance to generate double Focus.
  • Talent: Noxious Stings have had an adjustment made to its tooltip, to better reflect the intended theme/design.

2022-07-31

• Swapped the places of talents: Exotic Munitions/Vespoid Venom.
    Note: This was done due to how Exotic Munitions interacts with various talents in the entire tree, it should be in a key position/intersection node. Vespoid Venom has direct ties with Black Arrow, and as such, it makes sense to have it on a direct downwards path from Black Arrow itself.

4 Likes