[UPDATED AUG. 18] Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth

Horrific Visions with new scaling and no corruption means that they’ll probably not be possible to run at any high mask anyway, until we’ve leveled up and got the new borrowed power systems from shadowlands leveled up.

Will also be curious how we’d earn any kind of decent Echoes in Shadowlands, as I imagine the invasions will be going away, which would leave emissary caches for only 250 a pop and running old raids.

1 Like

But in the post it said corruption is no longer a threat. I hope they clarify this

2 Likes

That’s a great point. If the corruption resistance isn’t staying, how will N’zoth encounters be changed for mog groups in SL?

2 Likes

So if all the rank 4 essences are going away…are the individual achievements for some of the rank 4 essences going to be moved into the legacy tab?

For example, supplying the assassins and the 100k honor achievement. Will they be legacy achievements?

1 Like

I don’t think the invasions are going away as there are a good number of mounts, toys, and pets tied to them and if Blizzard had plans on removing them they would be on the list above.

1 Like

We would’ve needed this warning ages ago for anyone trying for this to have a shot. I expected it, but there are simply achievements not worth pursuing.

4 Likes

Stop retiring things. Make them more difficult. Don’t make them impossible.

43 Likes

Mad world title and the black serpent are two completely separate things. You don’t need to solo to get the mount.

Just the corruption resistance (from equipping corrupted gear) is going away. The Sanity drain resistance will remain on the cloak along with the stat proc.

Also they haven’t given a date true, but if they’re putting out a warning alert like this, it’s likely the pre-patch drop date is a month or less out from now.

You’ll be able to join Island Expeditions and Warfronts, even after Shadowlands goes live.

14 Likes

That seems extremely unlikely considering it’s a Q4 release, and likely late Q4 at that.

Agreed, what purpose does it serve?

3 Likes

Oct 13 is the most likely prepatch date imo.

Every MMO does this, it triggers FOMO and gets people playing.

4 Likes

Likely be a late Oct release at the latest. We’re already almost into Aug. It’s not as unlikely as you might think.

Remember we usually get a month to a month and a half of pre-patch time on average.

Is there going to be final nerfs for Ny’alotha for those players who still progessing?

Nah, not oct release, most likely Nov 10, 17th at the latest.

6 months of testing, 3 months of beta, oct 13 prepatch, 4 weeks of prepatch, nov 10 release.

2 Likes

I dread 8.3 grind, ugh.

I want the mounts so I will sucumb. I also want my uncorrupted voidwing, Brutosaur i dont really care about nor the rank 4 essences.

2 Likes

Is the stupid title the only reason they wouldn’t let us buy R3 essences from the vendor without having had them?

3 Likes

Ehhh Kelaini (possible misspell) has been looking into this pretty extensively and Nov release doesn’t make any sense unless it was extremely early Nov (also unlikely due to holidays).

Latest I’d give it…absolute latest…is just after the Halloween event. Even then it still puts us at around a mid Sep pre-patch time.

Remember, pre-patch doesn’t mean they stopped doing beta testing on Shadowlands.