Updated graphics, now everything flickers

Everything in game flickers like a dying light. After I updated my Nvidea graphics card for CoD this started happening. It’s almost unplayable. I tried to make a ticket but Blizzard has main streamed their ticket system to much that its impossible to get in contact with help.

Anyone else have their game flickering shadows and all objects and environment just flashing?

2 Likes

Did you also restart your computer?

Sometimes that makes a difference.

It’s been a known issue for almost a month, now. They have yet to do anything about it. Seems to be a driver issue, though. Turn off DX12 or rollback to your previous driver.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/nvidia-46079-drivers/766732

1 Like

this happened to me several updates ago (nvidia here also) but the subsequent update fixed it and i haven’t seen the issue again since

Yup, gotta roll back your drivers or live with it.

1 Like

It flickering because of nvidia drivers. rollback your drivers to 457.51 then the problem is fixed. make sure to do advanced install and clean install

1 Like

Same thing happened to me OP. I was apparently supposed to do a clean install during the update and because I didnt… Flickering.

I still find the game playable tho. Theres been a couple graphics cards updates since then and I made sure to do a clean install. The flickering is still there on occasion but it has lessoned

Roll back your drivers to 457.51 to completely remove it and have it more stable

Okay, how do you do that? Im not that tech savvy but I could try it.

For nvidia (the users with the issue currently) search for old nvidia drivers and go to their website (i cant post links). find the driver for your card and specifically 457.51 and download that. Then click for advanced install when you run it and check the box for clean install.

1 Like

Ty I will give that a try

Yeah Nvidia dropped the ball on my old laptop’s drivers. They’re still running May 2019 cause all the latest put WoW’s frame rate at 3 FPS.

No other issues. No issues with other games. Customer support were like :man_shrugging:

thats because blizzard didnt do their job and test and work with them. Nvidia gives companies like Blizzard their drivers and beta/alpha months in advanced and Blizzard is supposed to test with it and report and update their stuff. Same thing with microsoft updates. Blizzard didnt do that so we get screwed over. There is a reddit forum with a blizzard tester/employee apparently that took in the feedback and sent it to blizzard and hopefully they are working with nvidia on the issue and will be fixed soon.

How about posting this in the relevant forum area like technical support…

Wait, you mean the game ‘Dying Light’ as in “… like in dying light”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I went back to DX11 and that seems to have fixed the flickering issue for me. I tried various other settings that only marginally improved the problem. Reverting back to DX11 was the only solution that worked for myself.

DX11 you will introduce other issues as the game is not very optimized. if doing that, try running “/console volumefoglevel 1” if running on high/ultra settings and having performance issues in ardenweald with DX11. ultimately the reverting the driver is the best fix. better performance and no flicker issues.