*2nd Update 8/8/19* Classic wow - BG Forum Fam

BC with those precious elf paladins. You are wrong.

Way before my time o_o

Yeah, I think dual faction was around then but I keep hearing tiny things that theyā€™re doing that were not ā€œthingsā€ back then. The whole ā€œlayer sharding (whatever)ā€ thing, for example.

I donā€™t envy JD for that. If I donā€™t have it for 1 day, Iā€™m grouchy.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m over the grouch phase at least.

Theyā€™re saying this is temporary? At least I hope it is. Fingers crossed they actually mean it.

Edit:

Itā€™s way before my time too, but one of those cult classics. :grin:

What comes after that?

If they said that, I missed it. Iā€™m all for not ending up on dead servers considering WoW doesnā€™t have over 10 million players as it did years ago. But if theyā€™re doing it temporarily until they can balance populations, Iā€™m cool with that. The community portion was one of the reasons I looked forward to it.

I will admit, I love Cuphead and thats '30s style animation.

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeeeah, I donā€™t get how theyā€™re going to do that. Unless they figure out how to make this fluffy ā€œcloudā€ theyā€™ve decided to run the game from handle more than 50 people in one place at one time.

Or they could just, go back to a physical server. But that requires equipment and paying people to run them/maintain them.

The only thing that makes sense is to use it until they see how many people on each server. Then possibly merge smaller servers to balance population?

No, sir. You be wrong, baby. I had very good horde buds back in the day (belf paladins ironically). We had to log into wow realm server forum, trade vent info to chat. If we could have made a in-game walkie-talkie toon horde/ally on one account, we def would have.

Your price for being wrong is to fetch me another coffee! :joy::rofl:

1 Like

History hit you with crushing blow.

You have died.

2 Likes

6 am emptiness. Reaching for my coffee like a pack cigarettes in my shirt but it not be there.

Also, they said the layering was temporary until players disperse out and they will do away with it as quickly as possible. I still have my concerns. What if more people stick around than they anticipate and servers that use to have 6k players now have 15k players. Imagine the server Asmongold and Esfand decide to play on. They canā€™t list a viewer raid group in lfg and take people from multiple servers like retail. Their followers will want to play on their realm.

Will that server still have layering?

At least it isnā€™t cross realm sharding though soā€¦ /shrug.

3 Likes

You can always drop the tobacco and pick up vaping :o Mine is mango and papaya.

You have a good point. Asmongold is irritating. If things fall apart for that entity, you wonā€™t see me shed a tear.

1 Like

You mean, some exist that arenā€™t? :laughing: Every one of them remind me of the social droolers that got beat-up in HS. Not that people getting beat-up is okay, but you know what I mean.

2 Likes

Oh I donā€™t smoke. My uncle did and just quit after about 45 yrs of smoking. He still smacks his shirt pocket like heā€™s about to get one out.

About Asmon, I get tickled at the tall skinny balding guy that eats little debbies like thereā€™s no tomorrow in a room that resembles the landfill down the road. Heā€™s like a living/walking/breathing experiment for society. It did get on my nerves though when he got into his ā€œI hate blizzā€ state of mind a couple months ago.

2 Likes

I donā€™t watch streamers. But when I hear/read a name enough times, Iā€™ll briefly check it out to see what the fuss is about. Him in particular, I just cannot even objectively see why anyone watches him. If there is anyone here who does, please help me understand.

Kudos to him, I guarantee that wasnā€™t easy to do.

Donā€™t sugarcoat it, tell me what you really think of him.

1 Like

I watched a few in effort to understand some friends of mine that watch the stuff.

Never. Again.

I felt like I could actually sense my brain cells screaming in agony before they expired and passed on to that great brain cell repository in the sky.

Good for him! Yeah, the psychological hook is pretty big. Because itā€™s a habit you can pretty much do anywhere (home, car, outside, etc) you become super accustomed to it and search for it unconsciously for a good while. I did.

2 Likes

I used to break out in a cold sweat when leaving work for the day and patting my pockets only to find them empty. Best decision I ever made though.

3 Likes

It bothers me that society overwhelmingly supports this streaming thing to such a degree, that working a real job makes less money. Total rage inducer, itā€™s a HUGE problem.

It bothers me that I canā€™t bring myself to making money in a similar manner, taking advantage of societyā€™sā€¦I donā€™t know what, to profit from a product that I donā€™t understand why it has value.

Therefore I blame Asmongold personally, for all of it, lol.

4 Likes

I agree completely. I donā€™t care if people think itā€™s being a hater or not. Itā€™s not jealousy or envy. Annoying people can make a lot of money being annoying while people who went to school to further their education do not make as much and have jobs that benefit society much more. A streamer making more than a doctor. Whatā€™s wrong with that picture?

1 Like

You mean you donā€™t want a bunch of people spamming your chat as fast as possible with ā€œpog, kappa, omegalul, etc?ā€

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the 3rd time Iā€™ve seen ā€œkappa.ā€ What does that even mean?