Update: The Kirin Tor Network discord community

Greetings, all!

(Scroll down to bottom for invite link)

Recently, the existence of the Farstrider Network discord community allowed the co-planning of an event that saw over 40 characters, many of them Farstriders from different guilds, come together for one pretty cool event. It was amazing to see so many characters who share the same background and faction be able to cross guild-lines and come together as a group.

In a smiliar spirit, I’ve gone ahead and created
The Kirin Tor Network discord community.

Please note that this is not a guild, and there are no leaders. This is meant to be a place where Kirin Tor players and characters can come together to plan, lead or participate in events. Since the Kirin Tor are a neutral faction, with a membership representing all walks of life on Azeroth, this will serve as a neutral hub to come together and experience more Kirin Tor RP.

Server roles

Upon log-in to the server, you will have the opportunity to select your role. Are you an Archmage, Magister, Mage or Apprentice? Are you a tourist, or a merchant? Maybe you’re a Sunreaver, or a member of another order that calls Dalaran home. You will get the chance to set your role for others to see.

Dalaran and Violet Citadel IC role-play channels

Its hard to find walk-up role-play in Dalaran these days. Chat channels have been added to provided IC interactions in Dalaran City. Your character can have a stroll down the street or head into a shop, and who knows who might jump in and interact with you. Ever wonder what goes on inside the Violet Citadel? A channel has been created for that too!

Event planning

We need more Kirin Tor role-play events! Channels have been created to help those who want those types of events to co-plan and lead them. A few event ideas could be:

• Regular conclaves or meetings of Kirin Tor characters who return to Dalaran and share what is going on all over Azeroth.

• Seminars or lessons on the history, theory and application of magic.

• Poetry nights at the Legerdemain Lounge?

Dalaran University

A chat category has been created to allow those wanting to role-play as a teaching mage, magister or archmage, and those seeking role-play as a student of the Arcane arts, to be able to come together in a classroom setting. Let us know if you want to teach a class, and a specific channel can be added, no problem!

Discord invite link (remove both spaces):
https://discord.gg/AhfgJ7p

Please remember, this is NOT a guild and there are NO leaders to help settle disputes. If you join and don’t like someone’s role-play style, walk away and do not role-play with them. Members are expected to be polite, courteous and respectful of others. Let’s come together in the spirit of creating some amazing KT events!

5 Likes

Is this Horde Magus only?

Absolutely not! The Kirin Tor are cross faction, and so is this Network!

Sweet. Well I’ll happy join since I have Character who is a Kirin Tor Mage.

1 Like

First of all Axiann, I love the idea :smiley: I do have a Dalaran Apprentice character I haven’t RPed in some time… may join up! :smiley:

Also, just in case it’s a help - anyone can post links, irrespective of trust level, if they put ` at either side of the link. (Not an apostrophe, the backtick, the same button as ~)

That way, you can post links to be easily copy and pasted in, without having to mess about with the spaces!

Like so: https://discord.gg/AhfgJ7p

2 Likes

Figured I’d take a moment and bump this up a bit.

Didn’t know this, thanks for the trick! Im gonna edit my original post right now!

Just a reminder that this Network is still open to new Kirin Tor players, Dalaran citizens, etc.

Our Dalaran University channel now has its first classroom: advanced conjuration!

Just a heads up on the Advanced Conjuration class. There isn’t much there just yet, but that is bound to change in due time. I due hope that those who check out what is there find it an interesting read.

Current content includes methods for hybridizing spell effects and notes on the emulation of elements with arcane energy.

1 Like

Good morning, everyone!

The year 2021 will be the Year of the Scourge : an opt-in cross-realm role-play campaign spanning the entire year, divided into four chapters, each with their own goal and feel. You can find all relevant information by clicking the forum link below.

I did want to tell you that this campaign will lead to two events happening in Dalaran itself. These will happen on February 6th and February 26th, at 5pm WrA/7pm MG time.

Whether these scourge-related events interest you or not, the Kirin Tor Network discord server is still accepting new Kirin Tor members or allies. See OP for link!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/opt-in-server-campaign-the-year-of-the-scourge-an-introduction/793033