Update MW 4pc to include Vivify Damage

While standing in progenitor rune, casting vivify leaves a pool on the ground which damages enemies for x% of the amount healed.
Thanks, you just fixed our lackluster damage component in m+.

I don’t PvP so unsure on how this change would affect balance there.

1 Like

But also causes Friendly Fire damage for ppl standin in the pool! J/k.

They can also just make those Fallen Order monks punch harder like the insane Shaman Vesper totems.

You don’t really cast vivify in raid, and I don’t think this would really do anything for us in keys. So this doesn’t really help.

How hard does vivify hit for? Because I’m like 99% sure the only way this would fix any damage problems would be if it’s like a 70%+ ratio ticking every second.

There are better ways to add damage to monk, but better yet; just remove consistent damage from healers (aside from disc) - doing damage shouldn’t be a benchmark for healers, pretty simple. You heal.

Hear me out. Instead of doing work on shadowlands which should be out the door in under 6 months… they put work into dragon flight

1 Like

If they want to release DF this year, they’re gonna have to. I’m afraid they’re gonna rush out a half-baked expansion at this rate, we don’t even have alpha at the moment.

Shadowlands was buggy and way undercooked when it released. It very much needed another few months in beta. I hope DF isn’t the same.

Considering what Blizz was willing to change and when, I’m not sure more time in beta would’ve helped the systemic issues.

EDIT: In terms of DF though, the only real system being added is the talent tree, so it’s probably going to be one of the easier expansions for focused testing at least.

I actually really really really enjoy MW. But I swapped to BrM this season cuz MW is just eh & meh.

Ancient Teachings do need to proc off spin. At least some minor passive heal. This change alone should boost MW keys damage quite significantly imho.

My biggest 10.0 wish is to have ancient teachings baseline without needing to cast Font every 14 seconds. Just constantly healing off attacks.

I made this monk last season, I did nerd the heck out of it and got KSM with pugs in 2 weeks. From zero to 2k right before 9.2. So I don’t have crazy experience with it. I’m, however, probably going to ditch my rogue and simply play BrM for keys and MW for raids in 10.0.

1 Like

Sure, but systems weren’t the only issue. It was a buggy mess with lots of abilities and feature flat out not working properly. I’m still frequently getting flash-banged by the elevators in Oribos for example. Balancing was also way off in a lot of cases.

Shadowlands certainly could’ve used a few more months in the oven before it was released, even if system features weren’t touched at all.

Eh, I don’t want a boring torghast power (strong as it may be) to be my new damage option.

I’m willing to bet anything we’ll be able to get fists of fury with Dragonflight.

Even without an alpha being released yet I’m more hopeful for DragonFlight than I was Shadowlands. From what they have said there are far fewer features which should mean the total time required develop the xpack should be far less… This also means there is probably more parallel development with fewer blockers. This is my hope at least!

how do we all know that df hasnt been beimg developed over the the last couple of years?

they may have announced it recently, but this doesnt mean it hasnt been being built.

just add a permanent earthquake to yu’lon/chiji lol

I like it, permanent SCK!

or give us rushing jade wind back.