Update fishing

I didn’t care for FFXIV fishing, so I gave it up immediately. WoW’s is more relaxing to me. And you can get mounts with it too.

I do that too, but not for as long. :slight_smile: I usually just fish for 15 or 20 minutes at a time.

Last few expansions it feels like it’s harder to find a spot where you won’t be bothered by random mobs pathing around. Which is a bummer.

Man, I would just take a keybind to auto pick up the fish when they reach the bobber. I hate having to click the damn thing.

Fishing? Okay, explain to me how any of the crafting professions including mining and blacksmithing have changed much?

Why only fishing? I want more relevance added to blacksmithing.

knowing modern blizz they’ll just remove it like they did archeology, why fix something when you can just remove it?

1 Like

You take that back right now. Don’t make me post another epic fishing thread.

I’ll do it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/fishing-in-azeroth-a-history-hope-for-shadowlands/496135

1 Like

Just saying - they did this before. OG fishing had a 30s cast time and there was no guarantee you’d even get a bite. They shortened the timer and guaranteed that each cast will get a bite.

Edit: Good idea: just give us the fishing minigame from Ocarina of Time, problem solved.

why does it need an update?

1 Like

They could add spear fishing like Warframe.

You sure PvP a lot…

You guys are gonna force me. I’m just saying. You 'bout to bring it upon yourselves. Sigh.

/grin

Fishing just needs more variety of loot/special locations. As I’ve seen so far you can catch zone specific fish anywhere in the zone instead of just at pools. I have not heard about any special fishing catches like the brine bottom feeder or the turtle mount.

Just gotta add some flavor stuff to do and fishing becomes a fun time killer. Legion did a good job with the fishing rod artifact.

3 Likes

Exactly, Viskers. It just needs attention. A very little will suffice.

Any profession can be improved with a bit of creative thought. They could have improved First Aid if they had wanted to spend a bit of time firing up the creative neurons but they just took it away.

Examples might be:

• A bobber created by engineers that does things like increase the speed at which you fish or gives you a chance of an extra fish caught on the hook.

• Special items that can be fished up in every zone.

• I love what ESO has - there is an alchemy recipe that provides an experience boost, its expensive to make but the major ingredient comes from a eggs gained from a rare fish. WoW could just have a rare fish, and that would make fishing a whole lot more fun…not to mention lucrative.

And those are just what I thought of right now. They did have the big bubble ocean from BfA which was a good idea, along with the legendary rishing rod and its benefits from Legion. But rather than make the rod useable only in Legion, why not have its benefits carried on into further expansions?

Probably won’t do that because it would feed the bots. :frowning:

1 Like

The Legion pole does work in future expansions. Many of us carry it with us. Every trait you earned on the pole in Legion is still functional in SL.

And…you can still acquire the pole and level up the AP tree for it. Follow this video, and you can still get the Underlight Angler and level its artifact powers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZ1SOUg6Xs

1 Like

Reminds me that I really miss El’s Anglin’ web site. Not sure whatever happened to El. Best fishing gnome ever.

1 Like

I’d like a net I can throw into the water and catch 10 fish at once. Maybe give it a 1 minute CD.

Well I confess I did like the minnow vac in Mechagon. That was pretty cool.

3 Likes

I actually just came here to say this. A net item with a CD would be nice. Maybe make it craftable from cloth.

1 Like