Update every time I open Battle.net

So I’ve seen some similar topics kinda already in the forums but they don’t quite fit the issue I’m having either. Every time I launch battle.net there’s an “update” but it ONLY happens when I have add-ons installed, whether I did them manually or from an add-on manager. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there a fix? Or am I stuck between the lame choice of either no add-ons at all or living with a constant update whenever I wanna play either classic or retail?

1 Like

You’ll be living with constant updates…

Bug has been around forever now. They don’t seem inclined to fix it. Workarounds have been devised but they are short-lived.

So in a nutshell, if you play WoW on a Mac, expect this bug to continue for all perpetuity.

1 Like

Current has a restart.
Battle net Menu
The left corner Big blue Icon is Green Spoted; hover over it.

If you’re talking about the client update that’s not the issue I’m having, but thank you.

1 Like

I haven’t had this issue since the new battle.net client update, before it was every single time. Have you updated?

The issue is still there, trust me. It’s really prevalent if you have more than just the retail version of WoW installed. Same happens for Diablo 3. In fact, I left the Battle.net app open for an extended period of time yesterday while I was making a snack and when I came back, the Diablo 3 button changed from Play to Update. It was Play when I opened the app and before I went to make my snack. It changes, with the app still open, to Update. On its own.

So yeah, problem’s still there. Likely will be for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Oh, that may be why my problem disappeared, I took out classic temporarily and now just have retail.

Really hope they fix it, it’s so annoying!

that is what is happening to me… the game crashes on me so it can start an Update… which is so BAD when you’re a healer on a key run.

Edit: I just clicked on the DOWNLOAD ALL button and it downloaded DIABLO. DIABLO??? I don’t even play the game.