Upcoming Protection Warrior Tuning – March 29

I feel like the flat 5% DR reduction and the slightly cheaper Ignore Pain have made a great deal of change for me.

Enjoying the buffs.

Still not Paladin/gaurdian/Brewmaster level, but i think Prots are getting a little closer to the Blood Dk’s and Havok DH’s.

You mean Vengeance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I kind of hate it in a way. If you run Indomitable, which I do, casting that Ignore only nets you 3% instead of 4% now due to the cost reduction (Indomitable only counts per 10 Rage. It does not count the leftover 5 Rage.) The 50% to 55% is nice, however, I wish they made it 5% “bigger”. It just gets eaten up a bit quicker.

Don’t get me wrong, it is a nice change. Just a “stealth” nerf to my Indomitable.

Feel like Ignore Pain needs to be 5-10 rage cheaper and/or rage generation for protection warriors needs an increase of about 15-25%.

The current rage generation/spending mechanic feels awful compared to Protection Paladin.

2 Likes

I moved to heavy repercussions when Andybrew played prot back in season 2 and haven’t looked back. 90% sb uptime in keys and so much more rage. It really makes the spec feel less lethargic.

The sad part is heavy repercussions has no synergy with the 4 piece, you’re actually somewhat forced to run anger management if you want to take full advantage of it and the set bonus is not even good compared to what some of the other tanks get.

5 Likes

Imagine having 4-pc :expressionless:

1 Like

My issue with tanking 15’s is that I can get gibbed in dungeons such as Fortified De Other Side by spells or getting hit in the back while intervening. If shield block is down or I’m being swarmed, I can get destroyed where tanks like DK, DH, Monk, Druid seem to have 360 degree mitigation. Also as others have mentioned in the thread, damage and tier set is lacking. Other tanks have self healing and provide much more utility to the party.

2 Likes

yes exactly

I loathe tanking DOS Fort because of how much downtime warrior’s mitigation has.

Can we please, as the Protection Warriors, also have the interrupt and silence effect added to [Heroic Throw]?

Protection Paladins have shield toss and Divine Toll, both of which are GCD-restricted ranged interrupt and silence (on top of their non-GCD-restricted melee interrupt, Rebuke). The shield toss and Divine Toll’s interrupt and silence effects are disabled in PvP.

We are incredibly vulnerable against spell caster mobs. There are so many of them in Tazavesh. With the Heroic Throw being able to interrupt and silence, we will no longer be rejected by 95% of the Tazavesh Streets/Gambit keystone holders. :wink:

1 Like

BFA 5 mans had an average of like 82% physical damage. SL is like 51-55%, isn’t it?

Pretty sure there is a much larger magical damage profile in 5 mans now, but I could be wrong since I don’t PvE much this expansion.

1 Like

Gag Order. Bring it back.

2 Likes

What do you mean how much downtime warriors have in mitigation?

With reprisal and a correctly specced/geared character you can achieve 90%+ active shield block in keys.

The only hard part about dos is the large caster packs. They get sketchy when your group isn’t interrupting/stunning/etc or you don’t have trees to call for.

1 Like

That where a skill checkpoint happens and I feel a large majority will abandon prot due to reprisal

Did these go in already?

Yes, considering it’s now April 6th and the post was for March 29th reset

I dont feel the difference.

1 Like

Not sure how much of a difference you were expecting lol there was no ground breaking buffs to them at all

I can feel my inevitable death encroach upon me a millisecond slower.

2 Likes