Upcoming Fury Buffs

SO we finally getting a damage buff but it will only be by 8% across the board. Im not good at this class damage calculating thing so i just want to ask someone who does how well will this go in the long run for fury warriors?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320396/january-12th-class-tuning-frost-mage-assassination-rogue-fury-warrior-buffs

Fury was about 2-3% the next lowest spec on average.

Maybe, 15% from the mean?

So the 5+8 you got should make you middle of the pack.

1 Like

There is another thread with the same question and lot of follow up replies. Look it up and you might find the answer you’re looking for.

This is NOT an 8% overall dps buff. It’s a 8% buff to single target abilities. BS/DR/AAs are not included… it will translate to about 5-6% overall dmg increase.

2 Likes

It means u still want to play as arms in dungeons to be… semi viable. Warrior will still not be a pic for a pug.

Fatkin, frostmage - hunters/SP all way more usefull

2 Likes

Yuo unfortunately im suspecting to stau as prot yill fury getsvanother buff

It really only ends up being another 5% buff since bladestorm and dragon roar dont get it and our meat cleave is reduced 5%.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that, I stand corrected.

So fury had been brought up from F-Tier to “upper C tier”.

Which kind of sucks given how melee unfriendly things are, but its not the end of the world.

I may try it in random bgs if I can ever get a couple 200 weapons.

Why? Fury does slightly better dps in dungeons already, and will do considerably more after this buff. Once the buff goes live we’ll be virtually neck and neck single target, but raid fights still favor arms.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/148898695696482305/797418296566874152/b9ece42d582db72e59b8a034f65ed659.png

If you do the math it comes out to a little over 6.5%.

Were you using this talent? You should not have been.

2 Likes

Ehh, it will be okay. Obviously better than what I thought I’d see (which is no buff at all).

Meat Cleaver getting nerfed shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion; no one took it anyway, and no one will now. Anyone that specced into it shouldn’t be talking about class balance. Bladestorm and Dragon’s Roar are much better to take, the former especially with Signet of Tormented Kings. Blizzard isn’t nerfing the base of Whirlwind or the cleave abiltiy from it, so the 8% buff translates into more cleave damage, too.

However imo, it will need to be 12-15% to become viable in M+ in the eyes of being brought in as a PUG over the current meta of Hunter/Mage/Rogue, as well to be able to deal damage in line with the broken of classes DPS classes on single target fights. But for the former, join a group and prove yourself/run with friends/run your own keys. For the latter, join a guild and pull your weight to meet DPS checks, and you’ll be fine. All the content until Mythic raiding and high level keys is still very doable even right now.

Even without Bladestorm being buffed, I’m expecting we’ll be more middle of the pack in single target, attain some extra cleave damage (45% of the 8% ability buff per target, so 3.6% more damage per target, up to 5 targets), still get outclassed by UH DKs in raids, and still get blown up in the meters by a Hunter/Mage/Rogue that knows what order to push their buttons in M+. However, with Sims at ilvl 226, it looks like Fury scales quite well with better gear; better than most classes. So I could be all wrong in my hypothesis as it’s more a toss up right now and I’m curious to see how we’ll I’ll do with Deathmaker in raids, and Signet in M+ next week.

1 Like

Everything is viable.

Context, my good friend. Context. The quote you pulled is in reference to being considered as a warrior in the Group Finder over the current best M+ meta classes for higher level keys. It says nothing about the actual viability of the class, but the class in comparison to the perceived meta.

7 Likes

Viable and the best are two very different things.

You can’t change perception. Especially not crowd mentality.

Context does not change anything.

Tbf, shouldn’t that make it a worthwhile topic, albeit in the vein of “undesirable talents”, rather than Fury tuning?

Such a huge buff would only make us obligatory for certain affixes while still nudging us out from those we provide too little tank survivability or burst damage for. We’d be a “when you don’t need X, Y, or Z” fallback, overpowered in that circumstance but still largely pushed out in others.

Why not instead focus on offering a bit more utility, in our own manner, as to compete with those meta picks?

I was doing between 5-6k overall in my m+ runs last night as fury and I’m certainly not optimized for it. Single target feels much better too.

How are you getting 5-6k dps? I was in Norm CN and I could hit 3.1k at times, but most of the time I am at 2.8k. It doesn’t look like I am that much lower than you in ilvl. No idea how you’re able to do that…

Your DPS tends to be a little higher in M+, as alot of it is cleave.

1 Like

Not for single target. I use signet with bladestorm and anger management. On single target boss fights I’m around 4-4.2k.

Just started playing with Fury a bit, I got Signet and Deathmaker Leggo. Is Signet best for AoE and Deathmaker the go-to for Single Target? Im still simming higher as Arms, but not by too much, so trying to give Fury more of a shot!

I sim higher with death maker, but I feel like signet still outperforms it for single target because of how random the procs for death maker can be.