Upcoming Changes to Arms Warrior

Warrior

• Arms
    • Mortal Strike’s damage is no longer reduced by 30% in PvP combat.
    • Sharpened Blades now increases critical strike damage by 5% (was 10%) in PvP combat.
    • Martial Prowess now increases Mortal Strike’s damage by 15% per stack (was 30%) in PvP combat.
    • Execute damage increased by 20% in PvP combat (Arms only).
    • Rend damage reduced by 15% in PvP combat (Arms only).
    • Developers’ notes: We’re looking to increase Mortal Strike’s consistent damage while keeping its burst potential in line through targeted adjustments to its modifiers. We’re also reducing Rend’s damage in PvP as Skullsplitter has been a culprit for one-shots.
    • Fueled by Violence now heals for 85% of the damage done by Deep Wounds (was 65%).

As someone who’s been playing Arms exclusively, these are very positive changes. I’m excited to for these changes so that I can get some satisfying crits from executioners precision. Also nice to have a boost in survivability from fueled by violence buff.

I’m not quite sure I agree that Skullsplitter was a culprit for ‘one shotting’ though. The only time I was getting close to this behavior was using the Skullsplitter combo on players with no PVP gear. I’m concerned the nerfing of bleeds will go to far and result in a playstyle that’s unfavorable for Skullsplitter. With my current talent setup, I avoid rend as the damage is low in PVP and soon further nerfed by 15%; Bloodsurge still benefits from Deep wounds so I’m ok with passing on rend.

2 Likes

I really do not want Blizzard to overbuff Arms as a kneejerk to complaints from people who do not know how to build specs with the new system. I’ve been doing great on my main with a big hit focused build. Because if this turns out to be overtuning, then we’ll just get hit with the nerfbat even harder.

2 Likes

I do see your concern. With the 30% reduction of mortal strike removed, you could run into a case where mortal strike is hitting well over 100k under the right circumstances. 2 stacks of executioners precision(17% increase per stack) , alongside overpowers effect of 30% could lead to some massive critical strikes. This is ofcourse assuming the stars have aligned and you have colossus smash, avatar, spear, and these buffs running at once.

its hitting for over 100k right now

1 Like

Two stacks of executors precision with avatar, cs, trinket and 2x op? 100k sounds expected? I would hope so when other classes can do nothing and hit for 100k. As prot I can shield charge cloth wearers over 100k. My setup for that? Avatar demo shout trinket shield charge. That’s it, easily a one button macro. Spriest mind games into a swd proc? Prolly more than 100k, 2 buttons zero setup. I mean if your entire build is to buff mortal strike and you are investing how many globals and some setup to do so- it should hit hard af. We all have Stockholm syndrome from blizzards crazy tuning. We don’t want to be bad but we are scared to be good for fear of nerfs lmao

1 Like

I have really enjoyed my more single “victim” build. It focuses on skullsplitter burst & stacks of Fatality stacks. So far If I can get a healer to about 75% HP with just OP and MS, then Avatar + Spear + CS + Rend + skullsplitter to get them to around 30% the fatality proc on my execute blows them up. It is much more of a setup play style but is fun as hell.

That isn’t with 2x executioners pres, those numbers are just cooldown numbers with double op lmao

Keep fighting the good fight as arms my friend, never let these fury virgins corrupt you