Unrated PvP and the Great Vault

I was reading a post about how disappointing it is that PvPers have had to rely on Great Vault RNG to get tier at this point in the season and realized that people that don’t do any rated PvP haven’t had a chance at tier at all because they don’t get Great Vault slots by doing their content.

So, not only do they gear slower without the RNG conquest piece each week, they don’t get sockets from taking tokens and they didn’t get a chance at tier until the catalyst opens, which was way too late, by the way. And missing the vault doesn’t just apply to people that don’t want to do rated PvP. You’ve made PvP otherwise extremely alt-friendly and but then kept the requirements to cap the vault at an annoying level. Being able to cap all of your alts vault slots by just doing random PvP whenever you wanted would be pretty neat.

It just seems really strange that every other form of group content rewards vault slots for extremely easy content, yet unrated PvP gets nothing. You give vault slots and RNG chances at tier for doing +2s and LFR bosses, right? I know the counter argument would be that the easy PvE content gives bad gear while any PvP gear from the vault would be BiS because of how PvP scaling works, but that doesn’t seem convincing to me, especially when if you really wanted to you could farm vault slots from extremely low rated RSS, rated arena or RBGs and still get your BiS PvP gear.

Is there any reason you couldn’t make vault slots available from all honor sources and not just rated honor? Or is there a development reason that this isn’t possible or something you would consider?

11 Likes

Ive always wondered why they seem to hate the casual PvPers and punish them by making conquest gear an absolute grind. They should at the very least give credit for PvP WQs to give trophy of strife gear from the vault or something.

I got pretty lucky and got tier 2 set 2nd week while it seems that no one got anything else simply by RNG. Now I get to perform extremely better than other people again by RNG and because they make the tier set inaccessible because who knows they all suffer. I understand they want the tier to be low impact but its really not and they seem to always try to bridge the gap and then make a new one with another decision. Maybe its different departments making decisions but they should seriously not be timegating/gatekeeping people from enjoying the game doing the content they want and trying to keep up especially in PvP where every advantage creates a pretty huge gap in power.

5 Likes

I’m not saying you’re wrong here … but … there are no vault slots for the world content either. You can get tier by turning in the Epic storms gear in to the vault (which is a nightmare of a grind to get tokens for) but there aren’t vault slots for any activity that rewards blue gear (like honor PvP or regular storms gear).

I do agree that it would be nice for solo players to have a vault option for activities other than LFR.

Maybe:

Honor PvP: Earn X, Y, or Z amount of honor and get Rank 1 Conquest item choices. I would imagine that it would have to be a pretty high amount of honor.

World Content: Earn X, Y, or Z amount of Elemental Overflow and get Epic Storm Gear item choices. Again it would probably have to be a pretty large amount.

World content and Honor PvP already has a path to Normal Raid iLvL and Rank 1 Conquest gear respectively. Seems appropriate to have a vault option for both.

3 Likes

World content doesnt see you play against other people with 15ilvls on you with the intention of murdering you personally for fun.

Also PvPers should not have to do PvE to do PvP

3 Likes

Did I suggest that they should somewhere? I don’t see it.

Sorry blizzard formated my post for some reason but I would say grinding mobs and rares is PvE especially since we cant use our PvP item level in warmode because its not fair to the NPCs

Totally agree, I was suggesting the vault option for world PvE Storms would be the epic Storms PvE gear, not the world PvP gear. They are the same model sets but different colors. The PvE set has its own set bonus and no PvP iLvL etc. Totally different.

1 Like