Unprunning was a bad idea

the corruption one is weird, im not sure if there is ever a niche situation where you would use that.

im assuming a lot of people defending the unpruning havent actually thought much about it. much of the unpruned spells are just not as fun to press with the gcd, or they’re completely worthless in most scenarios.

2 Likes

Yeah things have changed a lot since then. In Wrath I could change stances on the fly to be a tank. Now, you have to get out of combat to do that. Only Druids really kept that ability and they can only do it effectively (some what) if they spec into Guardian Affinity.

2 Likes

Except all the people playing demon hunters.

3 Likes

it’s been YEARS since destro stop using corruption… it’s just doesnt make any sense… maybe they are excited but they havent seen things like they unpruned things but also removed things such as blessings for ret paladins for example.

Ever think maybe you’re just bad? There isn’t that big of a gearing difference anymore between tanks and dps. Yes tanks have certain modifiers to help them but the gear is essentially the same. Again just because you don’t want to do something doesn’t make it bad.

Yes again as others have said these are niche abilities that add flavor to the class. They do help in those situations and thats the point. Just because every single ability you have isn’t used 100% in your rotation doesnt make them useless. You just can open your brain up to anything more then I press bottons and do damage

1 Like

Actually I did like managing about 15 totems and all of my skills and I did it well instead of being easy and brainless like DHs.

The shield abilities would be useful in an emergency tank situation, but you can’t swap in a shield in combat (just tested on PTR). If they make weapon swaps in combat possible again those abilities would have some use, but until then, the shield abilities are basically useless.

1 Like

I actually think unpruning is one of the worst ideas they have ever had. It’s literally a regression of progress that has been on the game over the past several expansions. Annoying, obnoxious buttons to press for no real reason other than for the sake of having them.

5 Likes

Since when can you not swap weapons in combat? That has always been a thing unless your speaking M+ in which yes you can’t switch anything but there was a rumor that was changing

I think folks that think like you and like this “unpruning” need to watch more closely wowhead news and spells.

Just some observation.

1 Like

If that’s true, then point it out to them. Well, you are pointing it out to them, but do it in a suggestion or whatever. All these changes are still being tested and if you think that is a positive improvement that should be made, tell 'em so.

Or maybe you should look at useful ways to use these abilities outside of how they make you do bigger numbers. There’s uses for them you just don’t want to be bothered

1 Like

I see most if not all Warriors outside of the 1% ignoring this. In a standard dungeon and open world setting this will never get used. Sure you can make an argument for M+ and Raiding, but it’s not going to be used by like 99% of the playerbase and I’d rather get back something the whole class can use freely as much as they want then something situationally.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to for some time, although not sure how long it’s been. I noticed it when I had an extra 2h for awhile and couldn’t swap to my regular one when I had the wrong one on to start a fight.

1 Like

It sounded great in theory and in some cases it was. Arms warrior gets baseline Shattering Throw and Spell Reflect. Ret gets its stupid avenger buff made an Aura you have to try to slip in before someone dies. Also Crusader Aura stops being a passive and is likewise an aura. Yeah gee thanks Blizzard, that’s really unpruning.

4 Likes

I think for most players (yes I know, not ALL players) the unpruning is going to end up a case of you thought you wanted it, but you really didn’t.

5 Likes

Really because I think being able to be an emergency tank in leveling dungeons would be huge. You know how many times I’ve had crappy tanks dying constantly leveling up or doing intro dungeons at max level? You know how often warriors swap on shields in pvp? (Atleast the good ones) Again youre projecting yourself on the player base and you don’t speak for the player base

3 Likes

don’t forget that ret is also getting shield of the righteous for whatever reason too :rofl:

I mean I know it was probably an issue in Legion due to artifact weapons and not being able to use the other specs one and like I mentioned M+ but open world and heroics you should be able too

So it can just be a pvp talent? Ok cool. Next!

2 Likes