Unprunning was a bad idea

Nope. Unpruning was a great idea and it’s about time they got around to it.
Situational abilities make for some of the most satisfying moments in the game

12 Likes

Until you get shield slam as a dps warrior who doesn’t have a shield. Then it becomes a waste of code.

Also didn’t survival hunter get arcane shot?

5 Likes

You clearly don’t get your class. You can equip a shield you know right? Its for if a tank goes down you can sorta step in for a little while waiting for a BR or if you’re about to kill a boss or something. Gives you the ability to do something useful while wearing the shield

2 Likes

I’m not gonna do that. I play to kill things. If I wanted tank abilities I will roll a tank.

5 Likes

man I bet any ret paladin will use shield of righteous on their 1h/shield macro and it will feel most satisfy for sure /s

Yeah I’m not sure what was their intent when they said unpruning and they removed blessings right away…

Ret paladins is probably another dead on arrival spec to the list…

Having healing stream totem on my enhancement is gonna be nice for helping my healers when they struggle to recover.

I don’t think putting on a shield as a Fury Warrior is going to help you stay alive longer. Might as well keep your weapons equipped so you can kill the boss faster.

7 Likes

Okay then you’re just a useless mindless dps then. Don’t put it on your bars and stop complaining about something because you personally won’t use it

6 Likes

ret was dead to me once they removed long arm of the law.

6 Likes

I’m not the only one who isn’t going to use it. I’m more annoyed at the glowy spell in my spell book like Glide on a DH. I always put glide on my bar even though I don’t need to just to make it go away.

You know how much armor a shield gives you right? Plus you can still block. There’s a reason why PVPers use it and use it effectively

2 Likes

You kidding, right?

I’ve played a bit of Classic, and one of the things you learn fairly quickly in that game is that not every spell/ability needs to learned, not to mention used. You make use of what is best for your playstyle and how you enjoy the class. You don’t have to hit every button every time. YOU pick what to do - it’s about choice, and it’s a damned fine thing to have in the game.

And Hunter’s Mark went first on my action bar in the PTR because being able to give my new character a free, instant boost to dps is gold.

5 Likes

Okay then put it on an action bar and then hide that action bar. It’s not hard to work around. You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining

i think the op has a point, some of the spells coming back feel like a burden. hunter’s mark, while flavorful if you can even call it that, just doesnt feel that fun to press on the beta. it’s just another gcd i have to press before i can do damage. and it’s not even a rewardining one like a major cooldown.

9 Likes

Demon Hunters were a bad idea, No one likes 4 button rotations.

3 Likes

Im looking foward to SL, it because of these changes im playing my lock again. Ive been on beta and ptr and loving it.

Well no, it’s an example to show how useless it is to me. I’m not going to waste time hunting shield upgrades for the snowball’s chance in hell I have to use it. It’s just bad game design, because me a dps warrior isn’t going to have the gear to survive till the Tank gets back just because I put on a shield.

4 Likes

Indeed some cases are just a joke…

the most common is ret paladins using shield of the righteous… as if they ever would do that I had someone the other day telling me that they would use corruption as destro only to justify and glorify this terrible unpruning.

1 Like

You clearly never played back in the day then. There were so many wipes saved by a warrior throwing on a shield or druid going bear form to hold out. Again just because it’s something you don’t want to do doesn’t make it bad game design. It’s just something you don’t want to do and that’s your choice

3 Likes

I have and I died. I used to stance dance on my Warrior all the time back in the day. It saves you 10 seconds until you drop. I’m not geared the same as a Tank. I’m not geared to survive. I’m gear to do damage. I’m going to die without the Tank. Especially now with how high damage is.