Unprune Gouge for Sub Rogue and Assassination Rogue

Gouge never lasted even close to 10 sec. It’s longest duration ever was vanilla tbc and wrath with a max talented duration of 5.5 seconds if I haven’t forgotten any set bonuses.

Kidney max realistic duration excluding some bs revealing strike effect has a typical max duration of 6 sec

Cheap shot excluding the old glyph excluding set bonuses I may have forgotten 4 sec

Sap 10 sec, out of combat and requires either stealth or dance.

Sure, we were able to land some awesome CC, but 2 targets for 10 sec isn’t something happening with gouge and kidney alone, and not something 95% of the rogue community can manage even with ideal circumstances.

Overall adding gouge isn’t a problem. It wouldn’t hurt PvP and wouldn’t harm pve either because most players aren’t going to make excellent use of it, and it’s the kind of CC that’s actually good, because it breaks on damage, can’t clear dots, and requires melee range and costs 45 energy, and has counter play.

2 Likes

Pandas racial is a 2 minute cool down ( Quaking Palm) and I use that as a poor man’s gouge for my alt.

It is very easy to bring back Gouge by increasing the CD and it already has an energy cost unlike Quaking Palm.

Make it Vanilla like, so that its not just use it all willy nilly, and truth be that this is the problem with a lot of CC in retail, its just way too easy to use, and requires almost zero resources of any meaning and basically has no impact on the players rotation in a lot of cases. CC SHOULD harm your rotation, CC SHOULD COST YOU, and CC SHOULD be valuable, but SHOULD require you think about it too.

1. Requires you are face to face with the target.
  2. Requires melee weapon.
  3. Requires Melee range.
  4. Requires 45% of your Energy pool.
  5. Has 10 sec CD
  6. Lasts 4 seconds (without talents or bonuses)
  7. Does not clear DoT’s
  8. Breaks instantly on damage, and there is NO TALENT that can clear the DoT from the target by using it.

That basically solves all the problems people have with gouge, just by making it require some thinking, and planning on the part of an arena or battlegrounds player giving it limits to use yet making it useful.

2 Likes