Unpopular opinion regarding The Burning Crusade

Test tube baby! You know Ogres are highly advanced right?

1 Like

Problem with Ogres is nobody would roll a female Kul’tiran ErHAM… I mean ogre.

1 Like

I think Blood elves were a great idea. It added contrast to the horde, but was still a horde race. :man_shrugging:

Why can’t we have Gorian Ogres?

It’s not like they’re dumb, in fact, Khadgar himself said the Gorian empire had better knowledge of the arcane than many mages of Azeorth, including some of the Kirin Tor.

I’d love a two headed Ogre Mage or Warlock.

Darling, with today’s culture as it is I highly doubt blizzard will ever have ogres as a playable race. If they don’t make a female then they will be called sexist and if they make a ugly fat one they will be called sexist and fat shamers. I wish I were trolling about it but that is how the world is atm

Actually in the Maghar scenario we try to rally some ogres to come back with us from draenor but they chose instead to betray us :frowning:

Ogres and Goblins have been part of the Horde since the very First War, they’re just not playable.

It’s interesting how the Ogres interacted with Orcs back in OG Draenor before the whole demon corruption(thank you stupid space goats).

They’d make for a great AR after the first round are done.

2 Likes

Goblins were more contractors before joining the Horde in Cata. They never “sided” with the Horde. As for Ogres they were part of the old Horde with the shadow council and Cho’gall at their head representing them in it, once the shadow council was broken with Gul’dan demise Cho’gall and his followers left.

You’re confusing the cartels.

Orgrim Doomhammer hired Goblins for their technology with the gold the Orcs sacked from Stormwind vaults. It’s on Chronicles.

Since then, they’ve been with us as engineers. Go ahead and play WCIII, they even designed Orgrimmar and many of the zeppelins used in transportation!

One word, doors.

Also, Blood Elves for the win.

is the key word.
“employed for a short time to do a particular job.”

If you look for Gazlowe lore (builder of Orgrimmar) you’ll find what that means. Even if he’s working for the Horde time to time, he still doesn’t hate the Alliance and Ratchet is a neutral city. And he’s always getting paid for that work.

Of course they’re getting paid for the work they do, I never said otherwise.

Where do you think the Horde got the money to pay them in first place? Goblins have been part of the Horde since they could afford their tech and knowledge of Azeroth. The fact they never fought on the frontlines, do not mean they were never there until Cataclysm.

It’s not because you pay someone to side with you that they become part of the Horde. Ratchet goblins are mercenaries. They would take the Alliance side any day if the Alliance paid them better than the Horde.

Not true, I would play a 2 headed chunga in a heartbeat.

I never said Ratchet. They hired those when they came from the Dark Portal in the Blastedlands.

That was long ago before they even made it to Kalimdor. This is before Cartels were a thing, once the Goblins saw profit in the Wars, they started to form the neutral cartels, so they could sell weapons to both sides and double their profits.

At that time it was the steemwheedle cartel, doesn’t change the fact that they also were contractors.

During the war, the goblins witnessed the Old Horde’s arrival and the conquest of Stormwind. With more conflicts in the horizon, they were determined to profit from it. Trade Prince Steamwheedle allied his Steamwheedle Cartel with Orgrim Doomhammer’s Horde and offered aid in form of new technologies, maps and other useful information to the orcs for the right price. Orgrim treated his new allies as equals, and paid them gold from Stormwind’s coffers. The Warchief also hired them to oversee the construction of the Horde’s fleet.[10] However, following the war, the Steamwheedle Cartel and other goblins realized that it was much better to remain neutral due to thriving trades.[11]

I want my two headed ogre magi controlled by two different players

I mean both of them are basically orcs. Orcs cone from ogres. It would be like asking for half human half vrykuls… Wouldnt make much sense.

Ogres> mok’nathal

I would rather them having an active of being able to cast more spells out the gcd. Or cast 2 spells at once (multistrike racial)