Unpopular opinion regarding The Burning Crusade

Flying was terrible.

Lol jk

Tbh giving the horde blood elves over ogres in the burning crusade was a mistake to this day and look at us 15 years later and still no ogres… why blizzard… you literally gave us night elves and antler tauren before ogres…???

3 Likes

nobody would play ogres because the people who would play them prefer orcs too much

7 Likes

The best point the OP made was the part he was joking about, but is true

Ogres were removed from the Horde in WC3 and passed over for inclusion once again during Cataclysm, which would have been the best time to add them.

It has nothing to do with elves. Maybe the problem is that ogres are just really unlikable.

2 Likes

I would roll an Ogre right now if I had the ability to.

Been waiting for Ogres a long, long time.
Make it happen, Blizzard.

2 Likes

They’re still part of the Horde

1 Like

It was. If you weren’t flyable, still leveling and having to get deadzors when someone swooped down out of the sky. Of course without warmode, that won’t happen today but it was traumatic for us who were there at content on PvP servers.

Like we could never take control over Hellfire bases or Auchinodon towers on foot.

1 Like

Ogres are like onions, they have layers. Not everyone understands them.

3 Likes

I do think an Ogre Warlock would be insanely awesome but I disagree about Blood selves being the worse choice; the Horde desperately needed at pretty race and as it would make no sense, in terms of balance and realism, for Ogres to be Paladins.

I want a two-head ogre Mage.

3 Likes

Because 10 people want big dumb smelly ogres?

2 Likes

In all seriousness?

Flying mounts was a bad thing to add to the game. At least, flying mounts that have complete freedom of movement anyway. They’re extremely convenient, but they were too powerful a solution to the problem they were addressing. They’ve created a significant design problem for every future expansion and created a situation where players feel slighted for being denied them. The game would be better off if they were never added and other methods of convenient travel were added (something better than the flight whistle)

Please do not read this as saying “They should remove flying mounts”, I don’t know that they should go that far. I just think it would be better if they were originally not added, but it may be too late to go back on the decision.

1 Like

They were removed in a playable capacity. They aren’t part of the playable “Horde” faction (the orcs) in WC3, and it took until the second chapter of the bonus campaign to get a single clan re-added to the Horde in lore.

Even then, they haven’t exactly done much since then. One simply has to ask why this might be, and I’d wager that a lot of it has to do with the fact that ogres are just bigger, dumber orcs.

1 Like

Pretty sure ogre Paladins are completely possible, dark iron dwarves are Paladins through Ragnaros

It’s strange that we have fat, playable Kul Tirans, yet no ogres yet. They or the Mok’nathal clan should be part of the Horde by now imo.

Though clearly a fan of blood elves too

1 Like

Ogres mastered the arcane on draenei where dumb orcs had to use their elemental gods to save them from enslavement??

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Rexxar has the same model as a KT.

plays X-File’s music

2 Likes

shrek is love shrek is life

I’m personnaly way more fan of the Mok’nathal. Pure breed ogres just look too dumb for me, sorry ogres fans.

1 Like

There are no female Orges in game, one might ask how we have so many without females to mother them?

My understanding from the Blizzard team at that time was that “fat” female toons would not be popular and they had no model of a female ogre they were happy with or something along those lines.