Delete This

it doesn’t cost anything to not be a prick you know, i haven’t been subbed in over a year

9 Likes

It’s been “bottom of the barrel” very few times since Legion launch. I’d argue basically just Emerald Nightmare and maybe Ny’alotha. It wasn’t great in CN either but it was solid in M+.

In 9.2 they bandaided it with an overpowered tier set bonus. It makes Kill Command resets have a 40% chance to make the next Wildfire Bomb free and do +80% damage. Yep, 80%. On top of that WFB is an uncapped AoE and most of the rest of the AoEs in the game became either soft-capped at 5-8 targets (i.e. they scale down on more targets after that) e.g. BM or hard-capped e.g. MM. So it’s just a massive amount of free uncapped AoE.

At least SV has the excuse of usually being an abandoned spec that almost no one wants to play. The worse offender is Destruction which is even stronger than SV despite having vastly more utility and survivability and also usually being a popular spec anyway. Both SV and Destro are massive outliers in M+ to the order of +30% AoE damage over the distant 3rd and Blizzard is mostly refusing to do anything about it. They threw a couple token innefective nerfs at both specs and left it at that.

I have him ignored but I showed that post just to see. Trust Toxiktraktor to quote someone who literally said they aren’t subbed and mock them for not reading patch notes :smiley:

1 Like

id like to see dw like Rexxar personally.

lol because you got spooked

Oh I read it, just funny people ask dumb questions instead of doing any kind of research themselves.

100% this. So dumb they removed it from us.

Agreed. As someone who played old SV continuously from end of WotLK up until 6.2 in WoD, I would love for it to come back to the modern game, in an updated form in order for it to fit with new design philosophies. Like below(has to be updated to fit with the changes that are coming in 10.0). Contrary to what some people think, you certainly can’t find that gameplay while playing as MM.

3 Likes

I like it too, but as a MM Hunter, I can’t afford to use it, being Focus-starved.

True I like it better when rolling as my survival hunter kiting PVP build. But beast master needs more abilities like this that are beast summons than the other 2 specs. It should be more integral to the rotation beast master using more beast summons.

2 Likes

we don’t dislike melee specs. we dislike melee specs that came about at the loss and deletion of OUR spec.
people can cry that “oh, ranged survival was like this or too much like that” Wrong. ranged survival especially at its most polished era 5.4 was like no other spec in game at all.

we dislike melee survival because blizzard deleted our spec and turned it melee. we play ranged and that’s why we choose hunter. we played ranged survival because it was more satisfying and more fun than bm or mm or both combined. it had its own identity, its own flavor.
out of nowhere blizzard smashed our spec to pieces and turned it into its current abomination that is melee.

btw Rexxar is a melee Beast Master. not survival. so blizzard right there failed hard on the whole lore and fantasy part of making a laughable melee spec in the RANGED hunter class. the whole “spirit bond” aspect revolves around Beast Master and not survival. if anything should of went melee it should of been Beast Master and not survival especially if you are trying to make sense out of the lore or fantasy part of it.

we HAD good variation in the hunter class before this joke of a melee came about.

• we had MM which was the cleave master and the burst.

• we had bm which was single target burst king

• we had survival which was the dot aoe and sustained master

now all we have is cleave and burst aoe MM and single target burst sustained BM

melee survival is joke. i personally dont even rank it. is does not exist as a spec in this game to me.

so there’s that.

3 Likes

I play Survival Hunter, and it’s fun. My PVP is improving over time, but sometimes it can not be enjoyable. While raiding and PVPing, mobility is helpful. The DoT damage we do in PVP is annoying because most classes do crazy burst damage, but we can do constant damage, which is extremely helpful. Raids love Survival Hunters because we do consistent DoT damage.

There are areas where Survival Hunters shine, and Arenas aren’t one of them. In RGBs, we shine brighter, at least from my observation. I like Survival Hunters and rather stay melee. Having a tiny boost of constant damage reduction would be nice because we are melee, but it isn’t necessary.

it is necessary they should make Aspect of the turtle stronger by allowing attacking from that form and reducing its cooldown.

my only real gripe with sv is with its kit. it doesn’t feel as robust as other melee specs and that talents that give you more buttons to play with are straight junk compared to others in that row. and many of the bis talents are just passives that could just be baselined

You know that crows is a dps loss compared to steel trap, right?

nope no idea thought it was more of a ultility choice of the pvp spec and i love murder of crows.

I agree, ranged surv was my favorite spec in the whole game. I love my hunter but have a hard time playing him without the spec.

It also bothers me that only one class uses ranged weapons and that is down to two specs. Dark ranger should have been saved and released with envoker. Make it the dead elf only and play like ranged surv.

1 Like

It’s sad how hollow and bitter you are. I pity you, and hope that someday you can move on from this terrible terrible tragedy.

looks like you didnt sign the new social contract. i take offense to this. i am not hollow and bitter. i help players in game on a daily basis. i give away tons of gold for free anytime i see someone asking for it to help them. i do what i can to make this game a pleasant place for every player i encounter.

nice name calling though. what have you done lately to help make this game a better place other than bash people you dont even know?

Your rant says otherwise, but denial is a strong drug so I hear ya…

I rather enjoy having a dedicated melee option for hunters; you still have two ranged specs, so all the angst seems misplaced. This is not without precedent - priests have two healing specs, and basically a single dps spec, and shamans have a selection between melee/ranged dps.

The utility of pet selection is still present, and the spec seems fun and actively being developed by the maintainers. I guess the boomers will complain, but they’re too brittle to handle any change, so they’ll complain basically to complain.

Nothing stays the same forever, everything is impermanent. The trick is to not cling to expectations, but to embrace each change as much as possible. I hope we keep the melee hunter spec. Three ranged is a bit overkill.

6 Likes

It’s not misplaced if it came at the cost of a play style we enjoyed, and mages and locks seem to do ok with 3 ranged magic spec’s. (as far a precedent what healing priest spec got deleted for shadow to come about).

*is it a non-boomer thing just to accept bad changes? (seems there are less people playing Melee SV than did Ranged SV)

3 Likes