Unlocking Flying and Traveling Between SL Zones

Will we still need to use the flight paths out of Oribos and between SL zones after we unlock flying? Kinda seems like it will make the flying experience pretty choppy for this expansion, ya?

The “zones” are not bordered right next to each other like in Broken Isles or Kul Tiras so it’s not feasible to fly from Ardenweald to Maldraxus.

I’m not saying I agree that it was a good idea to make them this way, I’m just saying that’s how they are.

1 Like

From what I understand, it has to do with how they used The In-Between as a replacement for loading screens.

Because unlike the other expansions the zones in Sl are not connected to one another.

Basically yea. I remember them saying at one point that you’re moving extremely fast in the in-between (you can actually see this on the map). They said that if you were to fly from one zone to oribos it would take like 30-40 minutes to get there at normal mounted flight speed.

As someone that unlocked it on PTR to test it out, you still need to use flight paths and Blizzard added invisible walls around the zones. I didn’t test the invisible walls in each zone, but I can confirm Revendreth and Ardenweald both have blocked areas.

Ardenweald also appeared to have a fairly low ceiling in that I was unable to explore the canopy of certain trees. And of course this is just the PTR, so things may change, but as of last week the invisible walls were present.

In have a better idea. Don’t play SL.

I think I recall them addressing this not too long ago. The zones are actually really far away from one another in real terms, and that even without the invisible walls or fatigue or whatever method they go with to prevent us attempting it, it would take us a really long time to fly from one zone to another.

I agree with you. This has actually been one of my biggest gripes with this whole expansion. Having the world just be a few completely separate zones instead of parts of a larger area just makes them individually feel much smaller, and the world just feel much less organic. Just five Arguses. I hope it’s not something they ever do again.