Unlocking Allied Races Issues

Hey All,

I just started playing the game again and am trying to unlock allied races which I want to play. On the alliance side I was able to unlock the void elves with some work, but not too much difficulty.

However, now I have been working on Zandalari Trolls and no matter how many pages in wowhead or wowwiki or anything I can find in game I cannot seem to understand what I need to do to make progress.

More specifically:

• Unlocking Zandalari Trolls requires a set of achievements.

• Those achievements need a another set of achievements.

• Those achievements need a set of story quests completed.

• Progress on these story quests is extremely difficult to track.

• The prerequisites for these story quests are EXTREMELY difficult to figure out and understand if I’ve already achieved them or not.

• The locations of quest giving npcs are EXTREMELY difficult to figure out.

I literally find myself for hours looking on different websites trying to figure out if a quest had another quest before it or why an npc isn’t in the place a website says they should be.

Anyway, my big question is, is there a better way to actually track this in a sane manner? Is there an add ons I can use which will help with pre-requisites and quest giver locations?

The way this is, this is super not fun. It’s not hard in a fun game-ey problem solving sense. More a poor game design sense around achievements and quest requirements+dependencies which I’m hoping an add on can help with.

3 Likes

The reality is, that to unlock the Zandalari, you need to do all the things. (Well, more specifically, all the pre 8.2 things.) So, if it involves Naz’jatar, Uldum or the Vale, you don’t need it. But you will need to do pretty much all the quests in the 3 zones and the pre 8.2 war campaign. (Up to where you get the quest for the Battle of Dazar’alor raid.)

While there are side quests in each zone you don’t need, in the time you spend figuring them out which is which, you could probably just do the quests. (And you’ll want the rep from them anyhow to unlock flying, and pick up profession recipes.) As it looks like your horde character is a boost, you have more than enough gear to plow through the original zone quests pretty quickly. FYI, they did hear the feedback about main vs. side quests being hard to distinguish, and have make some UI changes in Shadowlands to hopefully help solve the issue going forward. It doesn’t help you right now, but hopefully it won’t repeat itself for the Shadowlands stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting. Honestly everything I read online + what I’ve seen in the game can be summed up with - hey we know our game is a bit of a mess at the moment but we’re going to clean it up a bit with Shadowlands. Just wait till then.

Visik, just wanted to echo your frustration and confusion…I am so lost with this allied race ordeal. I would suggest if Blizzard is forcing a barrier to such a sought after feature, they make this process more streamlined. Perhaps make colored quest markers for every quest on the mini map for all allied race quests (maybe purple exclamation points for every single quest on the map). Almost everyone I gave inquired with has agreed on my frustrations that allied races are annoying, confusing and difficult to unlock. I have broken all immersion trying to figure this out, it’s not a game anymore when you spend all your time researching outside outlets on what to do.

We’re not all as informed with the game as some.

2 Likes

I am currently in the same position. I did all the stuff on Alliance side, have all the achieves, all the reputations to exalted. But the achieves on Horde side aren’t counting the progress like it should. So basically, I have to completely do ALL the quests again which is beyond frustrating. I would have no problem doing a few here and there because it’s a different faction… but to do the whole routine in its entirety is ridiculous. It clearly shows I have the achieve for Loremaster, which is 3 of the objectives for the achieve needed to unlock Zandalari Trolls. But it’s not counting it. Opening a ticket prompts a frustrating and stupid reply of “check WowHead, Google it, check forums”. How about your game just count my achieve properly?

This is the same if you faction change to alliance. The issues isn’t you don’t have have achievements, but that there are different parts 5o the achievement you don’t have that count towards it that is causing the issue

I’d love to say SL cleaned this up but it really didn’t. I Have a druid I’d like to get the owl form for and holy heck has it been a nightmare trying to figure out what is missing in the achievements they have to have because my main? Has already completed it all. I’d LOVE to unlock Kul Tiran race but the overwhelming mountain of things I’d have to do? It’s essentially a slap in the face from Blizzard telling me that because I didn’t play BFA, I just can’t have access to the allied races. I unlocked Void elves and Lightforged Drenai. But Kul Tiran? Not a chance, I basically would have to spend a month or two playing the whole stupid expansion of BFA, and I QUIT because I hated BFA and didn’t play again until SL came out. I hope Blizz reduces the requirements? But I’ve played this game since 2008 and I’ve learned Blizzard is willing to drive off sets of players, essentially, people who work and have responsibilities that don’t allow them to give the game the same hours as a part time job each week. I hate it…and as the years have gone by…it’s been a bitter realization. Blizzard is telling adult players to go away, we’re not valued enough to be included now that we live busy adult lives.

How the hell did you manage to unlock Void Efls? I’m stuck on this. I abandoned that Legion story line after I quit WoW in Legion and I have no idea where I left off.

Wowhead has a Legion attunement tool (as well as a quest completion tool) which can be useful to find where you are.

Looking at the attunement tool for the character you are posting on, you’ve got the pre-reqs to start Argus, but haven’t completed the intro for it. Argus starts with “The Hand of Fate” which you can pick up from Khadgar in the Violet Citadel.

If he doesn’t have it and you think you might have started the chain, check Krasus’s Landing and see if there is a beacon you can use to get the the Vindicar. (It can take a few seconds to phase in.) Finally, you can go to the Stormwind docks and see if Vereesa Windrunner is there and have her send you to the phased version of Exodar to do the quests.

1 Like