Unlocking Allied Races Help

New player here. I recently reached 120 after using a 110 boost from buying BfA last year. I’d like to grind Nightborne Elves but am unable to get the Suramar quest from Khadgar to start that questline. Do I need to do something else first?

I’d also like to do the Broken Shore questline to grind Void Elf for when I eventually boost an Alliance character from Shadowlands preorder, but that also involves getting a quest from Khadgar that I don’t see.

First you need to unlock Legion World Quests at least on one character. I don’t know if boosts skips this requirement.

1 Like

Hiya there are a couple of scripts listed within

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=39985/khadgars-discovery#comments

That may be worth running - it looks like urielvazquez’s comment is super useful as they’ve included scripts to both check where your characters progress is at.

Yeah, as other people have said, there’s some requirements. Unlocking world quests is one of them. Doing the Broken Shore intro to unlock “The Hand of Fate” is another one so you can get to Argus.

One of WoW’s biggest problems is boosting something and then leveling really confuses the process for a new player because there’s a lot of steps to a lot of things in a lot of places, expansions, etc. I would recommend starting fresh and getting a feel for the game from a new angle, but if you intend on remaining on the mage you boosted - which is also fine, mind you - then make use of tools like WoWhead for the sake of identifying where you’re at in certain quests.

Welcome to WoW.

I think it has to be unlocked traditionally on one guy first.

My kids boosted past Legion and still don’t have access to the world quests, where all my guys that I leveled during the Korrak’s event get a quest called Uniting the Isles as soon as they unlock their class halls.

That’s what I said…

Oh. I am sorry. Running on a little sleep today.