Unlock Mage Tower

The Mage tower holds some of the best looking transmogs for multiple classes. It was a challenge for those who played legion. However, if you did not obtain your weapon or weapons during legion they are unobtainable at this time. I would like Blizzard to reopen the Mage Tower to give players access to the great transmogs that it offers. This could be done like the old raids and dungeons where it is not scaled up and could easily be done. If Blizzard still wants the Mage Tower to be a challenge and reward the people who have completed it, they could implement it as a timewalking or have it scaled up to gear score and level.

33 Likes

Totally disagree. You should’ve done it when it was current content. I want the challenge mode gear from Mist and WoD but I accept that I’m not getting it since I didn’t do it when it was current.

If they bring it back it looses it’s value for all the players that worked to obtain the base model in the 1st place. Also side note, if you unlocked the base model during legion you can unlock the rest of the skins for mage tower now.

43 Likes

correct

the end

20 Likes

Dear devs, please consider re-implementing the Mage Tower challenge in some way for late comers to obtain the Mage Tower challenge skins.

Perhaps a time-walking version of the Mage Tower challenge that offers the same base model, but different color variations so as not to take away from the original value for the people who earned it when it was current content?

Case in point would be Mists of Pandaria Challenge mode armor for Warriors and Paladins which was brought back in Legion as Class Order equipment purchasable from the rep vendor.

16 Likes

Scaling the fights up or down, at this point, would be meaningless.

The fights were designed around the skills and abilities given to us through legion legendaries, artifact traits and, to some extent, set bonuses.

More than half of those abilities are flat out gone, or nerfed.

Scaling just wouldnt work. Not acquiring these skins is something youre going to have to just accept.

12 Likes

They were not brought back. The class hall sets are nerfed and recolored versions of CM sets. The class hall sets all have toned down shoulders/helms and don’t have the special effect that CM sets had, like the DK horns glowing when you use an ability or the monk shoulders/hat glowing when you use certain abilities.

Not the same at all.

And the mage tower rewards aren’t coming back either.

5 Likes

I know that. That’s why I said “Perhaps a time-walking version of the Mage Tower challenge that offers the same base model, but different color variations so as not to take away from the original value for the people who earned it when it was current content?”

1 Like

If anything, they’ll do something along the lines of class sets. Special effects taken away from activated abilities/high-tier appearance/high-tier modeling. But you will not get the original base model added back into the game. Stop trying to cash in on stuff you were not around for.

1 Like

I vote no. I got all the mage tower skins I wanted back then. Some I really struggled with, others I did easily.

It makes me sad when blizzard reintroduces cosmetic stuff to the game. There are plenty of good transmog alternatives.

7 Likes

If it goes the way of MoP CM models that were re-implemented in Legion class order hall sets you will end up with scaled back version, so 1 colour, possibly smaller size without any of the bells and whistles. If I had to choose between not having a thing or having a second grade poor man’s consolation prize look a like, I think I would go with the nothing option.

I come from the point of view of someone who despises the order hall Pandarian CM look a-likes.

1 Like

As a player that had a potato during legion (7fps on lowest setting) I could not get them. It would be nice to have a chance but, as others have said it wouldn’t work by just rolling back toons. I’m OK with missing out on them. It’s not blizz’s fault I had a crap pc.

2 Likes

I’d like to see it come back. I returned to WoW the end of Legion and by the time I learned what the Mage Tower did, it was gone.

I’d vote to bring it back and scale it up to 120 so people can’t just blast through it.

2 Likes

But doesn’t this part contradict “If you didn’t get it then, you shouldn’t have it”? Mixed message from Blizz.

1 Like

No? The base skin was the reward for beating the mage tower. The other tints had other requirements, which are still possible to complete (10 RBG wins, Heroic KJ and Legion dungeons). It makes sense that the alternate tints would be available as long as the one that is actually impossible to complete has already been acquired.

5 Likes

So I made a post a while back about this and people lost their damm minds, as someone who has all the (challenge mode gear) Mists, WoD and Legion, I honestly couldn’t care less if someone sees something I have and goes off and gets one, it’ a game that’s what you do.

and to a degree I can agree with some opinions about it being “time sensitive” HOWEVER there is 1 MAJOR appearance that I just can not agree with never being able to be obtained again and that is the Guardian Druid form. Take my ret weapon for example…it’s just another skin for the Ashbringer, there is no MAJOR change with it, it’s still just the sword you still swing it the same way regardless of the skin. The Guardian Druid “Wearbear” if you will is something totally different it’s not just a reskin of the same model, it’s a whole new model everything about is different, it’s look it’s feel, the way it walks, the way it moves the way it attacks, it changes your animations it’s not just a reskin like all the other weapons, even with the other protection weapons (warriors and paladins) the flails still have the same animation, the Guardian Druid Mage tower is the only skin that changes everything about your form. even the Feral mage tower skin is just a reskin but the “wearbear” is on it’s on level and I don’t think removing is a good move.

12 Likes

I have the MoP challenge mode armor as well, and don’t mind if people still have the means to obtain it.

Blizzard should open up these limited gear sets to people to obtain.
Look at the Rank 14 GM weapons for instance - these were the most prestigious items people could get in PvP back in vanilla and owning these gave people bragging rights. Fast forward 15 years to now, Blizzard has relaxed its stand and people can earn the right to transmog these weapon skins if they get 1800 RBG rating. So why can’t a similar stance be made on the Legion Mage Tower artifact skins? Its a real pity that such great looking artifact weapon skins be unobtainable after Legion. I’m not the only one with this view, plenty of other people have voiced similar opinions.

8 Likes

It doesn’t since unlocking the base appearance was the difficult part. The rest was just a grind for unlocking the various skins. It’s not mixed messaging.

2 Likes

Sorry there’s a reward that players during that expansion got that you didn’t? They played and worked for it during that time, they should have something to show for that. It’s also not lording over anything to anyone, it’s just a mark of achievement for those players - how insecure are you?

None of this is elitist, it’s respecting the players that took the time to play during that expansion. Making it obtainable again later defeats the purpose of it being really hard when it was current. Sure they could tune things for the current expansion but that takes a good chunk of dev time considering they would have to factor in our HoA essences, azerite pieces etc. Also creating some lore to wrap around why it’s back also takes time and effort. Just flipping a switch and re-enabling it would be really stupid.

You freaking out and swearing over the whole matter in your post makes you look like you’re a child screaming because they saw another kid with a toy that you want. I respect your opinion on wanting the thing even though I disagree with it, if blizz did ever make it so the base model was obtainable it wouldn’t end my “elitist POS” world, I’d survive. Just like I’ve survived not having the MoP/WoD challenge mode dungeon gear. Just like you’ll survive without having these mage tower models.

5 Likes

Yeah, and that’s what makes it elitist. Because, depending on your class/spec, those fights are really hard. Impossible for some people.

Now, for 99.9% of this game’s content, that’s no big deal. Because you can just wait an expansion or two and go back and do it when it’s easier for you. The elite players get to have their exclusive look for a year or so before it becomes doable by everyone else, but by then, there’s a NEW elite thing for elite players to have instead.

Things that are actually locked away for you forever, are bull****, and not in the spirit of the rest of the game.

You know what’s actually a mark of achievement? Achievements.

I want to create the outfit I want to create and could give a rats *** about you showing off some thing you did 4 years ago nobody even remembers anymore.

4 Likes

That was the whole point in them existing, they were all meant to be challenging - you’re missing the entire point of the mage tower. They were difficult to complete and you needed to really know your class and the fight to do it. And they were specifically tuned with legion gear in mind. Also as the expansion progressed the mage tower became increasingly easier to complete. So it gave more and more players the opportunity to obtain the base model. But you don’t care and since you want it the devs NEED to put it back in because you’re having a fit over it.

That’s been a huge part of wow since it began. Pets, mounts, tabards the list goes on. There has been multiple instances where things only persist for a set period of time. Look at pvp elite sets, people who worked towards that in the current tier got a reward that you can’t get anymore once that tier ends. This isn’t the first time there will be time sensitive content and it won’t be the last time. So you claiming it’s not “in the spirit of the game” is entirely false.

You realize there is an achievement tied to the mage tower right?

Ok. So if you don’t care about anyone else, why should anyone care about you? Have fun without the base mage tower model.

2 Likes