Unlinked Auction Houses lasted MOST of Vanilla [Some thoughts on staying true to that]

Be careful with complacency there, nothing is set in stone…

The beta has already started. Bug fixes, not redesigns.

3 Likes

Hah, yup. And as the OP believes, “this was a core function in vanilla and will be detrimental to its success if not replicated!” It was very much a thing, but was luckily removed, apparently in 1.9.

Sources? And things can ALWAYS change based on feedback.

pretty sure i played before 1.9 and i still dont ever remember having to go all the way to another city to buy something, that i could clearly see on the auction house. ever.

1 Like

Start focussing on the community building.

It would be sad if Blizzard didn’t come through on the promise of a genuine Classic experience.

It would be sad if Blizzard listened to every petty demand for changes instead of focusing on delivering a quality and consistent product.

2 Likes

Hmm, nothing about Auction Houses or economy… :wink:

You are correct. Things can change with feedback. However, I do not believe a system mechanic like this will. They’ve been adamant on “its 1.12, therefor functions of the game will be as they were in 1.12”

Also, imo, I do not believe a large enough group of the player base shares in your…passion? for this functionality. It’s pretty horrible, lol. I, however, respect your desire for this-and do apologize if it’s something you feel is very important to the game, that is being overlooked. I can understand the frustration as I, too, have desires for certain things in game that will be ignored.

I do hope you can still find enjoyment in the game without this niche functionality, if it stays the way it is.

Congratulations, you failed to actually understand the word “all”.

You get a -1 Internets.

They are though. AHs were linked by the time 1.12 came around. We’re playing in a 1.12 world, despite content gating.

1 Like

You say consistency? For most, almost all, of Vanilla consistently had unlinked Auction Houses…:wink:

You may just not have noticed. Most people frequently used the Org AH. You just wouldn’t even see anything posted in TB or UC, so unless you KNEW someone posted something there, you’d be clueless.

You have a romantic look at it, while most people will be pragmatic about it. IF would become the defacto captital of the Alliance and Orggrimmar the defacto capital of Horde. No one in their right mind, would use any other capitals AH, aside from a few weirdo’s.

3 Likes

Kid, you’re both reaching, and failing to grasp. It’s a talent for sure.

1 Like

i was a night elf hunter back then and used the darn auction house. after i switched to horde in bc, i would have my alliance friend quickly swap me stuff on the black/neutral auction house in booty bay. good times.

1 Like

Ah yes. So for you, if you frequented the Darnassus AH, you wouldn’t even see postings for things from the Stormwind/IF AH. Only things posted to Darnassus, if that makes sense.

Resorting to insults? G’day Gov’na!

thats what i asked earlier and it made no sense to me. if people had no idea that they were linked [or not linked] and because of that, you didnt see those things, why is this a problem now?

1 Like