Unique mounts? Mount Collectors and Casual Rewards - Blizzard miss the mark

what about the skeletal version of the nightmare dragons from emerald nightmare?

3 Likes

I’d like to have a nightmare dragon, those models are really good. Miss oportunity that mount could had been a drop from Xavius or Dragons boss.

2 Likes

I’ll list some of my top picks for a 500 reward that i would be proud to ride around on:

• A permanent jetpack (use the one from Mechagon Island but it doesn’t run out of juice).
  • The unused competition mount: Curious Caterpillar.
  • A Felfire version of the Mage Tower book mount.
  • A Felfire version of the new Otter
  • A Spectral version of the new Otter
  • Anything other than a slight color variant of something that everyone will have anyway!

The reason i suggested felfire-ish versions of things because it would kinda follow the theme of the felfire hawk and the frenzied feltalon. How hard would it be to pick a few of these (other peoples suggestions too) and throw a poll up on the achievement forums or just get a feel for how well something would be received over here?

4 Likes

For me, and I know Naamah disagrees, I don’t mind recolors as long as they stand out. Emerald Drake, Frenzied Feltalon and the frosty infernal are recolors but I love ‘em. They don’t get lost in a crowd.

I’m begging you Blizzard, please consider changing this mount one more time to something else. New model or a recolor that’s not so boring.

Or it if really needs to be a ground mount:

Any of these would have been a better choice for a milestone achievement.

6 Likes

I haven’t seen this suggested yet but I feel like the 500 mount achievement should’ve gave a recolor of the honor level 500 mount.

Feels like that would be unique and kinda make sense, both “500” milestones. Thoughts?

There are so many horned steeds in the game.

1 Like

Mount collection rewards have almost always been recolours of existing mounts.

• 50 mounts gave us a reskin of the Drake.
  • 100 mounts gave us a reskin of the Dragonhawk.
  • 150 mounts gave us a reskin of the Pandaren Kite
  • 200 mounts gave us a another reskin of the Dragonhawk.
  • 250 mounts gave us a reskin of the Fire Hawk.
  • 300 mounts gave us a reskin of the Cloud Serpent
  • 350 mounts gave us a reskin of the Felfire Infernal
  • 400 mounts gave us a reskin of the Flametalon mount.

And now when we get 500 mounts we get a reskin of the Otter.

This is literally how it’s always been since TBC, just like with Arena mounts always getting a recolour of the same type of mount each season.

1 Like

True, but that one is probably one of the coolest horse mounts in game.

copy pasta and resell is blizzards moto

I agree. The 250 and the 500 are both awesome.

I’m just saying personally I would rather they did a recolor that doesn’t have a bunch of models and colors already in the game. Like the list I made, there’s only one bee, two crows with that model, one hearthsteed, one Skyscreamer, one ur’zul, three parrots, one Longboi. There are more than one stormdrake but they’re gladiator mounts and only two or three unarmored pve mounts.

1 Like

I like the Otter.

I like the Otter…

Yeah true. I’d love to see another skyscreamer

500 is such a momentous milestone it needs to be “seperated from the pack” of recolors, or if it is a recolor, at least make it something that will be used more often than “oh i cant fly here” because in general flying mounts are way better than ground mounts. if i am somewhere i cant fly i have all my mounts favorited so it is random which one ill get, but for amazing stuff like sha and timewaster and even the feltalon because it does look cool, they go on my bars to be used more often than the ones that go in the random pool, and tbh the otter will just go in the random pool for me.

1 Like

Nobody is saying the otter is ugly or unlikeable, people are saying it doesn’t make a good reward for a milestone achievement. As soon as DF comes out, there’s going to be 8 or 9 otter mounts with that model.

4 Likes

otter is not a bad mount, almost everyone will aggree on that, it is just not “worthy” to be a 500 mount achieve reward due to its almost certainty of being overpopulated

3 Likes

You have the sha mount and timereaver? Good god

Assuming that those models are all attainable by players and they don’t just sit in the game files or get used exclusively by NPCs.

1 Like

well, if it is the ONLY otter mount it wont be a problem, but the main issue is that it 99.9999% is not gonna be a unique mount

2 Likes

I don’t care. I like the Otter and someone is always going to be unhappy with what they choose anyway.

People weren’t happy with the first choice - they change it - people aren’t happy with the otter - they change it - people won’t be happy with the 3rd choice so blizzard might just as well quit.

These achievements are nothing special at this point so they don’t deserve a unique mount anyway. Literally everyone who keeps playing will get these without doing much anything special at all.

I’ll give you credit for posting this on a Classic character so we can’t see that you have 100 or 200 mounts like Carhagen. However, I’m not discussing this with someone that doesn’t even have a mount in this race.

2 Likes