Unholy - PVP while you can

Was meant for a different person whoops :joy:

In my limited testing I wasn’t too impressed with Necromancers bargain. Also I’m not quite sure but it seems like it can be dispelled.

1 Like

Also not impressed by Necromancer’s Bargain. Nor any of the other talents or changes. I felt stronger before 8.1 in both Frost and Unholy. (Survivability is definitely higher now, if you sacrafice the talents.)

They missed the mark with this build IMO. Locking everything behind PvP talents, not adjusting any of the actual moves.

TBH i think necromancer’s bargain needs to work a bit more like combo points and do more damage per wound burst. 8/16/24/32% health would make it significantly more enticing as a spell. the 8% it does feels underwhelming given than you need to give up something else for it.

1 Like

No go read it again it would say “YOU TAKE 30% LESS DMG” like IBF does

So I went and took a look at the Spell on Wowhead since you can see the breakdown.

From the spell code:

• Effect #1 Apply Aura: Dummy
  • Value: 50
  • Server-side script
  • Effect #2 Apply Aura: Mod % Damage Taken (Arcane, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, Physical, Shadow)
  • Value: -30%
  • Effect #3 Apply Aura: Immunity - Mechanic (Fleeing)
  • Effect #4 Apply Aura: Immunity - Mechanic (Asleep)
  • Effect #5 Apply Aura: Immunity - Mechanic (Turned)
  • Effect #6 Apply Aura: ?? (Aura #437)
  • Value: 3
  • Effect #7 Apply Aura: Shapeshift (Undead)
  • Effect #8 Apply Aura: Dummy
  • Value: 3
  • Server-side script
  • Effect #9 Apply Aura: Immunity - Mechanic (Rooted)
  • Effect #10 Apply Aura: Immunity - Mechanic (Snared)
  • Effect #11 Apply Aura: Immunity - Mechanic (Stunned)

Seems fine to reduce damage taken to me, not reduced damage done. I’ll grant you the tooltip is worded poorly.

2 Likes

Yeah, pushed 2.1k in 2s easily in 2 days. Soon they will nerf us, thats the blizzard’s way.

1 Like

Just wanted to note it looks like they fixed the Raise Abomination not attacking, though it is still a little buggy. He will only infect your targets once with virulent plague while he is up.

You currently can use pet passive, pet attack commands on him (so he can be taken out of his initial summoning area).

His melee attacks appear to scale with your stats and can crit, making festermight very good with him if you can get a decent amount of stacks up (had a period of 10k auto attacks and 19k crits with my gearset). At 15% haste without unholy frenzy he’d get off about 15-16 auto attacks, so for his summon without the disease counted in he did around 130-195k damage which isn’t anything to scoff at on a 1.5minute cooldown, even if it IS over 25 seconds. This makes him much friendly for burst set ups since there is no delay on summoning him, he can be summoned at a 40 yard range as a sort of bomb drop and will start attacking right away.

I can see him working decent when you’ve got alot of stacks of necrotic up and then just summon him to keep the pressure going (maybe on a global where you’d need to refresh virulent, summoning him instead and saving a global).

He doesn’t appear to cleave though, so no aoe spreading wounds with him.

I’ll report anything else back i get with testing when i have time.

1 Like

No, it’s 30% damage reduction. Stop spreading misinformation

1 Like

Good looking out, its great burst.

Authoritarianism. A rational person says, “I don’t like this option (2h frost) so I won’t use it.” An authoritarian says, “I don’t like this option (2h), so NO ONE SHOULD HAVE IT.”

Let people play 2h frost if they want. Good grief.

5 Likes

Could also probably work when kiting or being kited? Paired with clawing shadows you might be popping a lot of wounds from a distance. Question is how often the abom applies wounds? Haven’t got the chance to test thoroughly.

Every auto applies a wound. He is a little slow, so he can be outrun.

Was messing around with my DK in 3s today. I agree the Abomination does pretty good burst damage. Especially on double melee comps. Since it scales with stats like Worthiest said, I pop it with my trinkets. Think I saw some top DKs trying it out too.

Glad it’s working for you! The cooldown is short enough that it can be lined up pretty well for high pressure goes. Honestly it feels kind of like old school gargoyle in terms of pressure when its up.

I like that it has counter play (snares and roots) so it feels like its not too oppressive, but we’ll see as the season plays out. Going to look into testing Necromancers bargain this weekend. Heard some reports that instants cast heals weren’t refreshing the dot. i can see passive procs not working for it (as it’d make alot of azerite traits just kill yourself) but i feel like it should work for any heal generated intentionally on initial application, otherwise its just a glorified execute for 8% health.

Does it have a pull ability with its meat hook like many abominations have?

no sir.

Just a passive aoe (first encounter application) for virulent plague, and single target auto attacks that apply festering wounds.

Right. Do you reckon it would be a little op if it had a pull ability?

not sure why you’re taking advice from a DK who hasn’t even hit 2k on the ladder… probably not the best guy to get your info from.

that’s why you pop AM with slows up… as a DK your kill target should 99/100x have CoI on them…