Unholy DPS in Almost Full PVP Gear

Hey. I was wondering if Unholy DPS can be really good with mostly PVP gear. I was planning on grinding to 1800 for gear since it is better than doing M+ for gearing atm. Although, I will be running M+ for the weekly chance at a decent ilvl IQD.

Half of your stats will be versatility, and many of the PvP pieces lack mastery, your main stat. So your dps in raids and m+ wouldn’t be outstanding. That being said, 1800 gear will get you through Heroic Nathria and mid keys. I would focus on the PvP weapon before anything else.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too sure about that one. I’ve seen people in pvp gear not even being able to keep up with people in pve gear of equal or lower item levels.

I would say no. Your base stat as Unholy is mastery… PvP gear is mainly vers which does not do a whole lot for you in PvE situations. PvP gear is good for PvP and PvE gear is good for PvE thats the point. They increased raid drops so I would be farming Heroic raid for some good PvE gear

It’s okay if you’re upgrading a slot that rng just refuses to drop anything for, but otherwise PvP gear is mostly just good for PvP.

We do prioritise ilvl and PvP is a great source to gain a high ilvl on pieces. You ideally want to get some pieces from M+, Raid, Vault and supplement with PvP. 100% aim for getting a weapon first and then go from there.

1 Like

Start doing the content you would like, and just begin a second set for PvE. PvP gear might not be optimal, but it’s pretty good as a jumping off point. Just follow the stat priority, and make a raiding set as you can.