Unholy dk pvp

Hi me again. You might remember me as being the chosen dk prophet as I asked for necrotic strike + 10% virulent plague buff in pvp and blizzard added that 12 hours later so I’m gonna try my luck.

The issue with Unholy damage is you can’t buff the individual abilities because of the strength of Army of the Dead. During the honor talent revamp please consider moving Raise Abomination to baseline and removing army of the dead. This will allow you to tweak each button press. Balancing around an 8 min pve only CD is gonna cause issues.

This frees up an honor talent and will help a ton as we can keep necrotic aura + necro strike + bargain.

Also gargoyle should be baseline, even if he’s bad he’s our FRIEND and we want him BACK

15 Likes

I agree with the abomination.

The gargoyle can stay as a talent if they do one of two things:

1. Buff the percentage damage increase to justify the cd.
  2. Make it a 1 minute 30 second cd like Unholy assault.
2 Likes

at one point i would have disagreed because army of the dead is an iconic DK ability. however, after using abomb for two years i have found i like it far more than army. reanimation uses the same spell animation as army (purple/red lightning) and is more terrifying because unlike army, reanimation never stops, it is the main rotation, replacing scourge strike and wounds.

i haven’t really cared about army since 8.1, i agree, make abomb baseline. however, im not sure if the PVE side would agree, perhaps if they added a pve version of reanimation so the iconic visual and party trick would remain in our toolkits.

1 Like

Honorable mention that Convocation of the Dead does not work with Necrotic Strike or entities that died with wounds as well as Necrotic Strike does not apply Death’s Due.

6% max health Necrotic is kicking though but I don’t know if that’s enough. :confused:

1 Like

necrotic strike will work with death’s due next patch.

not surprised it doesn’t work with necrotic strike because blizzard didn’t allow pvp testing in beta

1 Like

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/cpsprodpb/E934/production/_107000795_meme4.jpg

I agree with removing AotD and replacing it with Abomination. AotD used to be cool but I hate what it has become. It’s a fire-and-forget CD that does so much damage that everything else feels under-tuned because of it. I feel forced to get the Army of the Damned talent in Mythics just so I can use it on every boss.

1 Like

Oh, curiously wondering.

Is 6% Max Health Absorb enough for NS?

its 7.5% with bursting sores and ya its worth most of the time

1 Like

How’s the PP macro build? Better than Reaper? Or is it dependant on what you qd into?

I actually think Gargoyle should move into Bloods kit.
It seems to be a better themeatic fit.

And then give Unholy a Lich instead.

You can take Gary from me when you pry him from my cold, dead hands. He’s useless off baseline, but he’s still my boi

2 Likes

Maybe a Revendreth Gargoyle but not the OG Gary.

tbh i think most people who take gargoyle are going to take the valk cosmetic option.

if it was baseline it could be a gargoyle for blood, a frostwyrm for frost, and a val’kyr for unholy

3 Likes

Even if Gary has an option to look like a woman.

We’d still call the minion, Gary. Because regardless of how he looks behind an outdated gargoyle model or a beautiful ghostly angel woman, that’s the name of the AI.

Kinda like Timmy with a Ghoul, a Skele or a Geist. Timmy will always be his name as well.

Buttons… Well… Buttons is just Buttons. In fact, Timmy had an Abomination Model in ONE expansion and have a Festergut/Rotface model when you’re using DT. xD