Unholy 2 set bonus seems weak

Yeah, it should.

I dont know why they went the execute angle though.

no they didn’t. the request for it to work of wounds instead of strikes was to make it also work with apocalypse and necromancers bargain in pvp. the dev response seems sort of intentionally monkey paw twisted.

Stupid question, and deeply sorry if this is answered somewhere. Does the ability Soul reaper and the one provided by tier stack? Or do they overwrite each other during the execute phase?

They stack in a special way. Soul Reaper debuff “explodes” every 5 seconds. Applying a Soul Reaper when one is already active simply extends the buff but you’ll get both explosions.

Specific example: You apply SR on a target. After 1 second you get SR from the 2p. This gives you a 9 seconds SR debuff on the enemy. After 4 seconds (when there is 5 seconds left on the debuff) the first application explodes. After 9 seconds, when the debuff expires, your second Soul Reaper explodes.

Some questions that might help…

1. When raiding are you normally in a group with an Enhancement Shaman? It is worth asking this as Windfury Totem is group only and it will effect Unholy Pets if you’re grouped with them.

2. How many other DPS members of the raid group have their 4 set bonus? Obviously there will be others but what is the ratio?

3. Why was it that Deathknight were absent from the DPS in all of the Mythic Raiding world first pushes? Guilds stack DPS for specific fights however, in terms of Melee DPS we at least saw some representation for Rogues, Warriors, Shamans, Paladin, Monk and Druids but not Deathknight.

Just curious and what thoughts you have about it?

Not in enhance group. Doesn’t affect pets.

Everyone but 2 or so?

We saw Frost DK on multiple bosses were they could cleave a lot. Unholy wasn’t brought since it didn’t do enough single target damage or AoE damage. Race was also before 5% buff, which helps a lot.

EDIT: just to show what’s possible, I got overall rank 326 on Dausagne as Unholy DK (compared to all specs and classes).

1 Like

Okay I was under the impression it did as there isn’t anything that directly says it doesn’t from what I could tell.

What other fight other than Anduin used Frost DK? My perspective was about where does Unholy fit in Mythic Raiding as you said it didn’t do enough ST or AoE. This was before the 5% increase as you said which does help but, is it enough and it is worth asking why wasn’t it done sooner as it was apparent quite quickly.

Nice…in your opinion is it viable enough for higher and if so what are you thoughts?

Lords of Dread.

100% viable.

1 Like

There is still a 10% gap between Frost and Unholy in mythic right now and its still around 13% from the top in the 90th percentile.

They probably could have increased Unholy damage by like 8-10%. Blizzard aims for 5%, we are seeing some pretty big gaps currently. I mean you just have to go look at warcraft logs to see tuning isnt that great.

I would say everything is “viable”. People were downing bosses with sub 9k numbers. Seen some down in the 5-6k range early on. But it all depends on what your definition of viable is. Even being 20% behind bosses are still being killed so is it worth buffing anyone at all?

I think it’s far too early to start talking about Unholy vs Frost damage in mythic at this stage. If you look at the individual bosses, they are close except some outliers. Prototype Pantheon is a very good frost fight that will boost Frost’s overall for instance…