Unhappy with Brutosaur Removal

Hi,

I didn’t know where to make this post - but I felt that I needed to express my feelings with Blizzard’s decision to remove the Brutosaur from the vendor and instead place it on the black market auction house.

Before you continue reading, it’s important to note that this post is meant to be constructive and help share some of the community’s thoughts. Or at least mine.

Seldom do I create forum posts, let alone ones that express my frustration with a certain system or decision. The last post I remember making with regards to this type of sentiment was regarding paragon mounts (which I am still strongly opposed to and would like to see managed more sympathetically in the future).

The decision to remove the Brutosaur from an easily accessible vendor (mind you with no valid / legitimate reason - at least not one that we know of yet) left a very, very bitter taste in my mouth. I viewed Blizzard in such a great light previously, but this decision made me start to question whether my optimism was justifiable. You’re probably now thinking how absurd it is for someone’s views to change as a result of such an “insignificant” change. But this is how I feel - and while I’m trying to avoid sounding dramatic, this really did affect my ability to enjoy WoW knowing decisions like these are acceptable.

"Well, you probably weren’t ever going to buy it, so why does it matter?".

It’s not so much about the ability to buy it at a certain point in time, it’s more so about you setting a goal for yourself in the future, and someone walking in front of your vision and stealing that away from you.

"What? but you can still get it on the auction house…"

Yes, but it’s VERY difficult to obtain anything on the BMAH due to competition, inflated pricing, and the fact that quantity is limited to 1 per highest bidder.

"Well, it’s going to be cheaper on the BMAH so why are you complaining"

No. We don’t know that yet. In fact, it’s likely this will be put at a base cost of 5m gold, just like it’s original cost. Regardless, you’re missing the point.

"Ok, then stop being lazy. Just farm gold. You have 8 months, lol".

Farming gold is not as easy as it sounds, especially not for everyone. Some people are super intelligent when it comes to making gold and can play the auction house, and others can put in hours to grind materials to sell. The point is, I don’t want to spend my next 8 months grinding gold. That’s not fun, especially not for something that I feel shouldn’t be removed.

"So you’re telling me you’re just lazy and don’t want to farm gold? that’s your fault then. Just sell WoW tokens or something"

Well, not entirely. I can do it, or at least try. But why does this option have to exist? Why can’t it stay the same way? Who did the Brutosaur mount hurt? The population maybe, but… it’s a game… and also - I really don’t want to spend $500? $600? on a mount…

"Ok so it’s a game, why are you complaining…"

At this point, I at least hope you’ve enjoyed the little back-and-forth conversation I had with myself. If you don’t sympathize with my feelings, it either means you don’t really care (which is fair, that’s not a bad thing), or you already have the mount and that burden has been lifted off of your shoulder, so why care anymore anyway.

“You’ve spent 30 minutes writing a complaint, and you’ve proposed no solution, how is that constructive?”

Look, I really appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into WoW. But the solution is really that simple… don’t remove the mount from the vendor. Let it stay. Let people be able to buy it in 1 year… 5 years… or even 10.

Please… please let us continue having a goal. Please allow us to continue seeing people ride the mount and hoping one day we can get it without bidding up to 9,999,999 on the BMAH. Please allow us to save for a few years if that’s what it has to take to get this mount. Please don’t remove things from the game when they don’t need to. Please let us continue enjoying what you’ve created without having to stress, worry, panic that it’ll go away when it wasn’t intended to go away (i.e. not a clearly limited time thing like challenge modes - which are by the way, a test of skill and not wealth (unless you buy it)).

Please…

31 Likes

47 posts were merged into an existing topic: Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1