Undercity Portal on Roof: What?!?

This really bothers me.

O.K., they made a portal room in Orgrimar.

Fine.

So I am heading to the Eastern Kingdoms and need to still catch the Zepplin to get to Grom Gol. (Turning in a scale for 700 AP with the turn in point in the Freaking Eastern Kingdom LOL. Make the world feel big!)

Fine.

But as I discover, on the roof of the Zeppelin Buildings, they have removed the Zepplin that use to fly us to the Undercity. And replaced it with a portal. Right there. On the Roof!

This really bothers me.

Questions:

1. Why get rid of the Undercity Zeppelin?

2. If you get rid of the Undercity Zeppelin why are the other Zeppelin’s still there?

3. If you are going to replace the Undercity Zeppelin for whatever reason and replace it with a portal why would you not put the new portal, to an important capital city, in the new portal room?

And of course, this was not in the patch notes!

What the heck is going on?

This makes absolutely no sense.

Blizzard: Move that silly portal to the portal room.

Thank You.

6 Likes

That portal at the top of the tower has been there for awhile, it wasn’t added this patch.

23 Likes

That portal has been there since Siege of Lorderon, so back in August.

So of course it wasn’t in the patch notes.

I called it. Something minor you’d cry about.

12 Likes

I can’t swear to it, but I believe the portal has been there in place of the zepplin since launch of BFA.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why there’s a portal to Undercity, but not Thunder Bluff. That TB ride takes its sweet time, going across the Barrens in sloooow moootion. Whereas UC zeppelin would give us a loading screen, instead of taking us across the ocean.

Frankly, I’d rather cross the ocean in a zepp. They could make that look really cool. If you just barely miss the zepp to TB, you’re in for a long wait.

2 Likes

Well, considering that one phase of Tirisfal has a zepplin tower and one doesn’t, Blizzard thought a portal would help.

4 Likes

O.K., fine.

So it was not in this patch, it was just an unannounced change in some prior patch.

But my questions still stand!

Why is this not in the portal room where it belongs?!?

This is not logical and it is making me frustrated.

It really makes no sense. And why did they remove the Zeppelin anyway? (And only that particular Zeppelin.)

It is really maddening.

Bottom Line: Blizzard, put that portal in the portal room!

3 Likes

Undercity doesn’t exist anymore. The only reason there is a portal on the Zeppelin tower is because the zeppelin tower in Tirisfal doesn’t exist either. They are actually throwing you a bone by letting you portal there at all.

13 Likes

It is bad design to claim that they wanted to consolidated portals so it doesn’t look cluttered and scattered but then leave portals scattered away from the main portal room.

3 Likes

I was annoyed that the UC portal isn’t in the new portal room… just made it more annoying to go get my heirloom upgrades… and why didn’t that vendor relocate to Org after UC was nuked? /shrug

2 Likes

It’s been like that for awhile. It’s supposed to give “depth” to the story, in which the Alliance completely decimated all of Brill and the surrounding areas of Undercity. So there is “no” tower to fly to.

With everything I have been adding up today (and over the entire expansion)- they are setting up to completely destroy the Horde. As a faction. Either some races will join the Alliance (making one large faction) or the rest will be killed off completely.

There IS a portal to Thunder Bluff, in the Portal Room, as of yesterday. Also a Zeppelin. Also, a flightpath. TB isn’t even all that far, on foot.

UC got a portal, because post Battle of Lordaeron, there’s really no place for a Zeppelin to go.

2 Likes

Posting in a Rastlin thread.

7 Likes

they did. At least the vendor was there still last night depending on your level and having experienced the UC being gone. Wont show for low levels

1 Like

i luv Rastlin threads soo fun D

1 Like

Realizing who the OP was quickly, I almost took the bait.

After the Lordareon scenario, there is no longer a zeppelin tower to go to in Tirisfal in the current phase of the zone.

They put the portal where the zeppelin to UC was because that is where players know to go to get to UC.

They left it there for the same reason.

The heirloom vendor did move to Org, on the ramparts above the gate. If you are up there and facing out of the city, the vendor is on the left near or maybe under, a tent.

You can only see that one though if you’ve progressed passed the UC battle scenario.

Eilis your character is really cute!

I believe it is because UC could be in either pre-war or post-war phase. It was easier under the hood to transport everyone to-from a common spot rather than try to deal with people possibly taking a airship to a tower that no longer exists, post-war.

That TB ride takes its sweet time, going across the Barrens in sloooow moootion. Whereas UC zeppelin would give us a loading screen, instead of taking us across the ocean.

The Org-TB zeppelin is an anachronism that I am surprised still exists. Once in a long while, I’ll take it, just for nostalgia purposes, but the FP is much shorter.