Undead Paladins When?

…Seeing as though race and class combinations are slowly dissolving.

6 Likes

10.2 guaranteed

Although I agree Undead Paladin is a cool combo, to me personally…

But I don’t like where this is going…

There will be Pandaren Demon Hunters

Goblin Paladins

Mechagnome Druids

The game will start to look a lot different, and not for the better. It will satisfy the few people who always wanted to make that Void Elf Shaman… but for the game as a whole I think this opening of the floodgates is bad

I would make an undead pally for sure

1 Like

given how things are going with this? Same time as . . .

Night Elf Paladins
Void Elf paladins
Gnome paladins
Mechagnome Paladins
Kul Tiran Paladins
Pandaren Paladins
Orc Paladins
Mag’har Paladins
Troll Paladins
Highmountain Paladins
Nightborne Paladins
Goblin Paladins
Vulpera Paladins

basically when they decide to make custom paladin mounts for each of those and the undead . . . which I’d wager is after shamans (making racial totems for each race requires less time then racial mounts because said totems only have like 2 animations and some particle effects and no additional armor animations to worry about when it comes to say clipping and such)

1 Like

I imagine Calia’s gonna be resurrecting dead paladins as Lightforged Forsaken.

3 Likes

They’ll happen.

And you’ll have Calia Menethil to thank for it. Her and her Kul Tiran boyfriend.

1 Like

I suspect that pally/shaman will have a slower rollout than the other ones given the need for models. Shamans got it easier (10 races lack shaman, single totem model is modified for each one), but pallies have 15 who don’t have it and each one would need their pally mount. That’s assuming we don’t throw Dracthyr into it as that’d up to 11 and 16 respectively

And then there’s druids which’ll be the last ones to come along of the main ones, assuming they’re not unleashing Demon Hunters or Evokers on everyone

It could be easier for Tyr’s power to not harm the undead.

2 Likes

never. undead paladins are called deathknights.

3 Likes

Undead Priests beat you to the punch sweetie.

Hopefully never. Even the ones they’ve opened up so far still aren’t anywhere near the level of how utterly devastating undead paladins being commonplace would be to the worldbuilding.

2 Likes

Never please.

3 Likes

Already happened. Lore supports it.

In a word: Zeliek.

3 Likes

when they can figure-out how to make calia menethil being a light-based-undead seem more natural for WoW’s lore.

The goblin paladin mount needs to be riding on the shoulders of a hobgoblin wearing T2.

Hopefully never.

1 Like

I for one support our new fel panda overlords.

2 Likes

Lore absolutely does not support it. Zeliek breaks lore on two counts to even exist lmao. He’s just as much of an abomination that shouldn’t have happened. Whoever created him didn’t know their lore.

1 Like

Later, but also maybe never.

About the same time Gnomes get Druids, and just about as logical. (No, don’t start with the Priest using the Light. An undead Paladin we already have - its called a Death Knight…) :sunglasses: