Uncapping conq randomly, is what ruined the ssn

:eyes:

2 Likes

Nah. People had double weapons and were streamrolling first couple weeks.

It’s not even uncapped conq that matters

It’s just that the honor grind makes it unplayable and tiering too

Should have just removed the tiers for this season or something or just lowered honor costs significantly or really just anything to make it more accessible

Like getting full conquest really is doable in a day… but grinding honor is miserable for your upgrades

3 Likes

People is a tiny group defined terribly here because it was never numerous enough to matter, and every single SL season has had people who lucked into weapons from vault doing exactly the same thing. There was no epidemic of gladiator players in m+gear and uncapping cq to fix a problem that didn’t exist was dumb

1 Like

But the uncapped conquest wasnt/isn’t the problem.

Tbh I think the issue is a lot of overlapping things. You make valid points, at the same time I think my biggest issue is the giant canyon of performance between tiers. If new tiers were an upgrade of 3 ilvls, with a max of 9ish with the top gear, the people not able to farm right out the gate wouldn’t feel like they fell behind.

Blizzards new obsession that damage has to double, and HP needs to go up 20-30k every new tier is ridiculous. We once went multiple expansions without having to even talk about a stat squish. Now we have to do it every expansion.

2 Likes

I dont understand why youre so mad about conquest being uncapped. At this point it doesnt matter.

I just think it’s important to be accurate. Blizzard doesn’t pay any attention to history, someone should

Yeah, that’s what ruined the season. Not MM damage, Prot Pally still existing, or Aff damage and healing. People getting gear faster weeks ago is what really did it.

5 Likes

Limitations put on conquest only really work if you have one main and don’t play Alts. If you like to play with Alts, which many do, your still going to feel the bite of the big gear gap and struggle with catch up. With the caveat to catch up being afforded to only those who have the ranking to supplant the gear gap.

Pretty sure people just worn out from Shadowlands Grinding. Also the imba stuff is just something blizzard has ignored since day 1 S4 and there will likely be little to no balance changes. Enough is enough right?

I’m currently playing rogue in WOTLK boosted my T2 Rogue from 60 this week wiht perditions blade main hand and have sub 7k hp. It currently feels more playable than a 285 i level Cosmic Elite Geared alt into full brutal S4 geared sweaties.

Gear matters more now than ever as the damage coefficient that Ion stated 1% per Ilevel is not realistic at all in current modern wow PVP.

You can literally find threads on here from the first couple weeks of people saying exactly what I said lol

it doesn’t seem like we’re really talking about the same thing. i’m not saying that “cq capped when valor isn’t feels bad” wasn’t a common complaint-it was, obviously. it was just…not accurate. it’s based on poor understanding of the game. look at most of the replies in the threads you linked, almost everybody good is saying the same thing: “cq cap is good, pve geared people are an irrelevant minority”.

there are three branches to those complaints:

1. “it feels bad as a pvper that valor is uncapped but cq isn’t. the developers of my game don’t seem like they respect me”
  2. “vault luck early on in the season is a big power swing and it doesn’t feel fun having to overpay to buy and upgrade a weapon”
  3. “people with full valor gear are hurting pvp and will do so more and more, ruining the integrity of the game”

1 might be true, but because the mobs in a mythic dungeon don’t pay a subscription or have feelings, we’re actually comparing apples and oranges. what keystone heroes get from blizzard doesn’t matter at all for pvp, unless point 3 were true(and it isn’t)

2 has been true every single SL season; it mattered a little more in this one cuz this one has been so short, but it’s not new and there’s no reason it should have demanded cq be uncapped when that wasn’t done(or asked for, iirc) in the other 3 seasons.

3 is the real contention point, and i can’t find anyone talking about the experience of actually losing games, personally, because their enemy had valor gear. just a lot of speculation

and at the end of the day, i don’t know if blizzard even gave a hoot that pvpers whined capped cq felt unfair next to uncapped honor. they rarely care about anything we say no matter how unanimously, and this wasn’t a unanimous issue. so i don’t think this season getting incredibly sweaty on week 3 was really the whiners’ fault, and by now everybody would’ve been full geared anyway, so the focus should be on how stupid it is that we don’t have cq boxes. but i don’t think it’s arguable that the complaint about valor gear in arena was ridiculous, and like i said, i think even if there’s no blizzard to hear it, we should know whether the tree actually fell

1 Like

This was heard from top to bottom

Regardless, this season was pretty DOA and dont think keeping conquest capped would have shifted it in another direction anyways.

Agreed. The week they had uncapped conq, I hadn’t been able to log in for a couple of days. And in that time, the amount of people who suddenly had full gear maxed out and ready to go was insanity. It’s completely killed my motivation to play this season despite me still trying to squeeze in small queue sessions, but it is outright awful.

No one. Literally no one is in charge of pvp. That’s why its a literal #$itshow the entire SL expansion and the biggest laughing stock of this expansion and last expansion.

meh. i don’t care what nahj thinks made sub fine this expansion and i can’t see caring much more than that what players who didn’t vs a single keystonehero thought about the possibility that valor gear would rupture the meta. “top” requires some sifting when it comes to editorials

i don’t disagree wholly, short season+even worse than usual rewards+almost no rebalancing+everybody being tired of SL+wrath were all always going to dent it. but i agree with haunting et al that uncapping cq exactly when they did made it worse

that stuff was gonna be in the game regardless. not being able to keep up gear wise because of available time turned a lot of people away from being willing to queue into that bs

i dont care about cheesey comps cause i just like to play and will find a way to climb, but when i have to play 4 hours a day for a week straight to be able to conq/honor farm to have any chance is when i called it

my title was very doomer, i am just frustrated that now i have some time to gear, i don’t have any friends still playing lol

this is my thinking as well. the 1 in 10 games i got mashed by someone who was a pve’er and also good at pvp didn’t bother me. it was the masses of pvp player who had more time than me to gear pissed me off

i get my personal experience doesn’t reflect the player base, but it pissed me off enough to make a whiney post lmao

1 Like

uncapped conq is good but they removed boxes like the absolute clowns that they are and ruined it