Uncap psychic scream so it can reliably be used to stop casts in mythic+

Uncap psychic scream so it can be reliably used to stop casts in mythic+

17 Likes

#UncapScream

5 Likes

Id also gladly accept a CD reduction on our interrupt. As well as giving holy and disc an interrupt… The only healer without an interrupt, unacceptable.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure Psychic Scream prioritizes targets that are casting.

This is the first I’ve heard of that and I don’t really think it’s the case from my experiences this week, but even if that were the case it doesn’t solve the problem where.

1: Everything is casting something dangerous (Imps in CoS is the most obvious example)
2: Multiple things are casting but only 1-2 things are casting something you want to stop (HoV / RLP)

2 Likes

Personally, I think you hit enough imps with the cap that it isn’t so much an issue, since it’s the amount of imps casting that really make it dangerous, not the individual casts?

My question to you then is.

Why should it be a concern at all? Why are we trying to justify to eachother that it’s ok that our only AoE stop is target capped at 5.

You’ve got leg sweeps, shockwaves, fel novas, disorienting roars, blinding lights, blinding sleets, shadowfurys, cap totems. They all hit everything.

Also no, past a certain key level stopping 5/8 of the imps from casting isn’t gonna cut it. People will die.

2 Likes

What key level? Not happening at 19…

I’m not saying it should be capped. Just that I don’t think that it’s really a huge issue, either way. It’s a carry over from fear bombing, and no longer plays nicely with the game, for sure.

23, baring in mind this week is / was tyrannical. Fortified likely much more of a problem.

I shouldn’t be in a situation where I use my AoE stop to interrupt dangerous casts (Usually as part of a rotation with 2-3 other people across an extended period of time) and then we just wipe anyway because some of them still went through. It makes the rest of my group look at me and wonder why I’m even here. Frankly I’m starting to agree with them…

1 Like

Reroll a cow? Either one will do.

(Im joking)

Already need to reroll void elf to not instantly die to the last boss of the raid :confused:

but cow charge!!

Doesn’t work.

It’s not even an issue of staying on the platform in P1 (Though that is something else priest straight up cannot do), it’s more that tempest wing does significantly more damage the longer your character spends in contact with it. If you don’t have a way to displace through it on Mythic you basically die.

Priests in general just feel severely under equipped this expansion.

2 Likes

100% agree here, I just can’t understand the logic of why Psychic Scream needed to be capped at 5 when pretty much every other AOE stop is not.

I don’t PvP but was it like broken in BGs or something like that?? I’m just trying to find some logic behind why they made the change…

Otherwise I see no possible reason why they’d want to nerf the only disruption ability that priests have in PvE, specially considering we were already one of the most limited classes at that particular task.

1 Like

All aoe fears are capped at 5, probably yes some holdover from PvP. However, the other two classes that have AoE fears (Warriors and Warlocks) both have uncapped aoe stuns so…

Never observed this myself - I used it to stop a rally and shout in Nokud the other day and it didn’t stop the rally or the shout, but did fear archers and birds. I don’t know whether that’s because the game considers the archers to be “casting”, but if that is the case then that prioritization is fairly unhelpful.

This is extremely poor encounter design and should be called out as such.

Agree. Uncap void tendrils as well and get rid of the cd on mind soothe. I don’t understand why priest spells always have some sort of restriction. Other classes just don’t have to deal with them.

1 Like

Idd. But i think it was just an obvious desperate atempt to make new flashy toy of this expansion -evoker- be desirable and almost required for that fight. Sadly it ended up only the priests need them because we just dont have jack :poop: to deal with it…because other classes have tools to deal with …so it would be too much you know.
While also forgeting that bot evoker specs are busted af atm so theyre in raid group anyway.