Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

They are not “consistent”. They are using 1.12 as reference, not as a patch set in stone. They are delaying some items on purpose as it was back in the day. If they were using only 1.12 those items would be out immediately. You can’t cherry pick what you want and leave the mounts out. Not to mention this is literally taking content out of the game, content that a lot of people really love.

6 Likes

We all know they are timegating some things.

What version will be used when those timegated things are implemented? Will it be the 1.12 version or an earlier version?

The 1.12 version of mount vendors did not sell unarmored mounts.

I was wondering where Fesz went. Welcome back, buddy. I was worried something happened to you.

4 Likes

Its not timegating their availability in general, they are updating the loot tables. Theyre going to have one loot table prior to some patch’s respective phase, and another loot table after that patch’s phase. Which is the essence of what were asking regarding unarmored mounts. Update the vendor table at the approproate phase.

5 Likes

I’m really glad they listened and gave the community RP PVP servers. I am also really glad they listened and brought out more language specific servers in the EU. These are recent, good signs that the company is paying attention to what happens here on these forums. I can only hope that, on a less important scale than those huge issues, they are also listening and considering the mounts as well as the AV situation. I guess what I’m trying to say is, launch is starting to look better and I am starting to have faith Blizz might care more than we thought they did a month ago. Things may continue to improve, lets keep the faith.

5 Likes

This would seem to indicate that when implemented, items and systems will be in tbeir 1.12 state. That would seem to include mount vendors.

This still does not answer the question;

Why leave them out? Are mounts something too rewarding as a play to win reward? Are you afraid of losing your mount collectors in retail? That for too many tourists, they’d have too much reason to stick around and see the game for its value?

Classic is right around the corner, gonna still go for a raptor on my orc. If for no other reason than to learn the native language of the darkspear trolls, perhaps they know what happened to the long lost Ivory Raptor.

4 Likes

They have put out information after that blue post stating that for some things they wont be using a strait 1.12 list. They’ve specifically mentioned boss loot tables around relics and whatnot. You can google it. Ive been in the woods camping all week though, so I havent got the means to google it for you.

4 Likes

I may be mistaken, but I believe that there are some loot items that are also being timegated.

I believe that when those items are added to the boss loot tables, it will be the 1.12 version that is added. I do not believe that it will be a case of, for example, the 1.8 version of an item dropping initially and then being changed to the 1.12 version at a later date.

Not gonna lie, I have no idea how to quote a blue post in another post, but here’s an excerpt from their content plan “We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort. Prior to the Ahn’Qiraj unlock, most of the drop rates and locations will look as they did in the patches prior to 1.10”

That sounds a lot to me like the items that were significantly changed will exist in their non 1.12 version before the 1.10 patch. Granted, they say that they are doing this with items that will significantly impact itemization, but it does show that not everything will be the 1.12 version, and that they are picking and choosing what is or isn’t important.

3 Likes

Hahaha in other news, I just made an orc in Beta to hearth and see if the mounts are there, and the name “Mountsplease” is taken lol.

5 Likes

i dont see anythign wrong with any of this? i sit the fence honestly

Drop rates and locations are vastly different than itemization and stats on those items.

We’ll just have to wait and see whether those items are in their pre 1.10 version or their 1.12 version.

gimme da mountz plz

5 Likes

Let me just link almost the entire post…

"Our first phase primarily focuses on launching Classic with Onyxia and Molten Core, but we’ve decided to hold off on Dire Maul for a while. Maraudon is still in the first phase, because it was originally released on December 18, 2004, just two weeks after the first player hit level 60, but we recognize that Dire Maul is in a different category. Some of the loot that’s attainable from Dire Maul is so good that it would affect progression through those early raids. We’re also planning to hold off on releasing Kazzak and Azuregos at launch as well, for the same reasons.

The next change we’re targeting addresses two concerns. First, Zul’Gurub and Blackwing Lair unlocking at the same time would differ from how they originally came out, and it makes sense to not have gear and enchants from Zul’Gurub available during early progress into Blackwing Lair. Secondly, the Emerald Dragons should be available earlier than the opening of Ahn’Qiraj, as they give us a way to start preparing nature resist gear for some of the encounters in AQ.

Along the way, we’ve taken a close look at items that provide the biggest power gains, many of which were introduced in 1.10 as part of a sweeping dungeon itemization pass. That patch was when Tier 0.5 gear was introduced, and Relics were added to the drop tables of many bosses. It also adjusted drop rates and drop locations of a lot of gear (to make room for the Relics). We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort. Prior to the Ahn’Qiraj unlock, most of the drop rates and locations will look as they did in the patches prior to 1.10, with exceptions—there are lots of little changes made in earlier patches that don’t have a big effect on player power, and in those cases, we’re planning to use the 1.12 drop rates and locations.

One example of the many items we’re planning for is: Titanic Leggings, which is a world drop that first appeared in 1.10. We can confirm that it will be controlled by the same content unlock that restricts the other 1.10 loot changes."

They start out talking about how implementing content (meaning access to certain items) should be time gated due to how it would effect gearing based on how powerful the items would be if implemented early. Towards the end, they mention changes to player power as a reason to implement different drop tables. They specifically call out drop tables when they say " We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch." The drop tables, in plenty of cases, had the same item name with different stats on a later patch that fundamentally changed the way the item was viewed in game.

It’s pretty plain from what they are saying that some items they are putting in will be in non 1.12 versions. While this change is in regard to how powerful items was, it stands to show that making some things 1.12 and some things pre 1.10 is not an issue. It’s just a matter of whether or not the devs find it important enough to change. I hope that this thread is showing how important it is to some of us to have unarmored mounts so that they feel the change is worthwhile. Whether or not they end up doing so is yet to be seen.

4 Likes

An item dropping where it did in 1.10 does not necessarily mean that item will have pre 1.10 stats, though.

You can read into that statement whatever you think you need to in order to twist it to fit your end goal, but that statement is vague, at best, as to which version will be used while the blue statement I posted specifically states "systems such as class design, battleground mechanics, and stats on existing items will all be set to their final 1.12 conditions.
[/quote]

It’s not vague at all. They said they are updating itemization regarding patch 1.10. The patch notes for 1.10 said “Many items have been improved in quality and use.” … that specifically relates to their stats, not their existence in general. It makes less sense to say that those items would just not drop until 1.10 because the 1.12 state was too powerful. It makes more sense to say that, as the Blue post implies, some items will be in a pre 1.10 state initially so as to not disrupt the balance of the game in early phases.

1 Like

By your own admission, the post you quoted dies not say that those items will be in their pre 1.10 state. You can say that it is implied, but that is your interpretation, which is very likely biased.

But, let’s say you are correct and they are going to be in their pre 1.12 state due to “concerns that the 1.12 version is too powerful”.

The 1.12 version of vendor sold epic mounts are no more or less powerful than the pre 1.4 version. There is no need to worry about the 1.12 version being too powerful, is there?

Reading comprehension is a hell of a drug. My pointing out that not all items will be in their 1.12 state was directly related to your assertion that we shouldn’t have mounts because all items would be in their 1.12 state. Which, for what it’s worth, isn’t even the official reason we were given, and is just something you’ve been advocating.

You’re just making something up to argue against at this point. I’m not arguing that the mounts should be changed because they are part of the “too powerful” itemization update, I’m arguing that not all items will be in their 1.12 state, so giving that for a reason for no unarmored mounts doesn’t follow.

Right now we’ve got an indication that they are considering the impact of having items in their 1.12 state from the beginning and adjusting itemization accordingly. Same with drop rates and drop locations.

Whether or not Blizzard ends up deciding that unarmored mounts should also be included in their “not 1.12” list is yet to be seen. I’m just here to be hopeful.

4 Likes

One of the biggest reasons I want to play Classic is for the un-armored mounts…
Yes i would burn to 60 and get a bunch of gold… for the mount THEN i would worry about raiding. And if i wanted to take my time and level i can do it all over again.

7 Likes