Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

Wait, Classic looks like mincraft? o.O

Of course you can tell the jest in my response, as to the rest of your statement, maybe I befuddled meaning somewhere in a previous post, will have to check.

Pretty sure I know what is and isn’t in classic but have been a little trollish with some of my responses as of late, maybe should tone that down a little =)

The thing is they are already committing a lot of time and resources to make almost everything else a classic experience. Changing out those mounts is changing what, the item list of 6 total vendors? Also, I don’t think asking for classic to be more classic is a bad thing.

As other posters have said, Blizzard has been sticking it’s foot in it’s own mouth for the last ten years (in some people’s opinions) while it tries to offer what they think the players want. Now that they finally believe us when we say we want Classic, they are still trying to offer something other than Classic, at least in this specific instance. I’m mostly thrilled with what I saw in Classic Beta, and they’ve done a great job in almost every area… except this one.

If they hadn’t already gone to such great lengths to recreate an accurate representation of all the other things that were implemented, it wouldn’t feel so irritating that they are choosing this single issue to not implement, let alone that it’s stated reason for change wasn’t something consistent with other minor differences, but was something like “we don’t want X people to feel Y way.”

That way of thinking is exactly how we ended up with a desire for Classic in the first place.

5 Likes

Yeah they stuck to their guns about no French or German language servers.

Look what happened…lol

4 Likes

They could put the mounts in and leave them in.
No one will be inclined to rush. People who prefer them would be happy. Those that want additional mounts would have something more to work on.
It doesn’t take away from those who have them on retail, the mounts do not copy over.
The “museum” will not be complete if these mounts were left out.
Lastly, it’s just fun to have options.
Hey Blizz, do you remember what fun is?
Games should be fun.

:ram: :racehorse: :tiger2: :ram: :racehorse: :tiger2: :ram: :racehorse: :tiger2:

4 Likes

Because it would be so authentically vanilla (let alone 1.12) to have those mounts sold by vendors forever, right?

Still on your little patch crusade I see… sad.
Blizzard has thrown true authenticity to the wind here. We can still request items that were in Vanilla to be included in their “museum”.
I don’t give a rat’s hindquarters what you blather on about, I’ll still post my opinion.

5 Likes

And I will continue to post my opinion.

And we really appreciate the fact you keep bringing the topic up. :heart:

5 Likes

Glad this thread is still kicking.

Blizzard, please reconsider your stance on this topic. Many classic enthusiasts and new players would love to have a chance at obtaining these mounts.

6 Likes

Give us these mounts or give us are life back!

2 Likes

You are free to take your life back at any time.

No one is chaining you to your computer and preventing you from walking away.

I would prefer the mount though…tis all I have left…:sob:

3 Likes

At this time, it does not appear that you will be getting those mounts.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I didn’t even have to watch that, I saw C3po and lost it. Thank you for the great afternoon laugh. Gosh I wish I could give you a super like. <3 Star Wars

it appears Fesz is here to keep pointing out how we’ll not get them. I’m still optimistic.

2 Likes

I guess they might decide to change the code in order to add those mounts to the vendors with just over a month left until release, but I’m not going to hold my breath for them to do so.

I think I have softened a bit on this whole issue and looking at the time period involved, 5 months is a long time for many, and having them as an option for those who choose to get them shouldn’t be a big deal?

Someone else posted here stating “what happen to “fun” Blizz” - and I get where they are coming from.

What does “authentic classic” or “authentic vanilla” really mean? Blizz has already stated they are doing their best to hold as much of the things as true to form as possible, while making certain decisions that may be more based on concern of backlash if they do add something in that makes sense which later has to be taken out, and then deal with players giving them backlash over not being able to get and unarmored mount.

Would leaving them in really hurt the experience? I don’t think it would, as how would anyone else know when someone got their unarmored mount? Does it break the classic / vanilla experience? Again, I don’t feel it would, as it would only be enhancing the experience by offering something as as win/win.

I don’t see hard core players suddenly rising up in protest yelling that “so many players have non-armored mounts!! OMG my immersion is broken!”

6 Likes

Leaving those mounts in permanently will not satisfy everyone and would hurt the experience for some.

We’ve already seen multiple people that want the mounts removed so they can stroke their e-peens when showing off.

This is a case in which Blizzard cannot make everyone happy.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that adding those mounts requires changing the code and potentially opening Pandora’s box. I believe that is something that Blizzard said they did not want to do,

And this was the original consensus I came to as well, as Blizz had to make a choice and knew it would not please some, and yet decided to simply remove these mounts all together as their way of simplifying things.

I still feel they could have done better on handling this situation, a lot of mixed opinions and feelings are all over the map on this one.

2 Likes

Buckle in, story time.

In the off chance Blizzard wonders why I haven’t taken xpacs beyond wrath seriously, and why I care so much regarding the mounts. You didn’t take away my favorite mount in retail, I’ve chosen to not ride it.

You did what I like to call, a flavor flop to my favorite spec. (You’re lucky I wasn’t attached to combat)

Long ago, young ol Dimitra was downing bosses and putting up numbers. I received through hard work, help, and dedication from my guild mates; my first legendary. The main hand glaive, though to this day(not much effort) I don’t have the off hand. (To put into perspective, I was reasonable, when I had seniority I suggested to our GL that if an OH drops, our 2nd rogue could have the set)

3.0 Comes out or w/e Wrath pre-patch, Acti-Blizzard is a thing, I’m racing around outlands collecting achievements. Grand ol time, with good ol Dimitra… life is peachy. Save one thing, Power Rangers with overly monstrous sized weapons. Today, I still have the same opinion, though if 12 year olds think its cool, I’m cool with it!

Through out wrath, you went back and forth on “balancing” TG, but overall, the message was clear. Acti-blizz didn’t like that you put “Warrior” on the warglaives and neither did a lot of rogues; the amount of $hit I got for sub 50 raid dps was insane(not guildies), this was the first step of “Balancing” while taking flavor away.

There was a stint, in WoD that had single minded fury, I was playing with friends on horde so I leveled blood elf Dimitra to max, as money was tight at the time. While it was nice to have the flavor back, the spec just wasn’t the same.(Dimitra wasn’t the same) Many returning players felt this way. (My friends regarding WoD) When your surroundings don’t care, its hard to.

Back to my favorite mount- to add insult to injury, I have a prestigious achievement on young ol Dimitra, dating 11/30/2008. Another on my main rogue(not this one) Dating 10/24/2008 both clearly were earned prior to these dates. However, for myself and many other players you cherry picked one achievment that aren’t worthy of those dates. My speculation is it was done because of Acti-Blizz’s obsession with E-sport authenticity, which IMO destroyed your game.

(If the paragraph above is unclear, you can look at my past GM tickets) There should only be 2 over the past 10 years.

I have chosen to not ride my favorite mount, because I didn’t want to level or boost/transfer my OG character. In my mind, the biggest flaw with WoW start to finish is that you pick a class for a single character. When it should have been Main character that unlocks jobs. (Yes Stash space would be an issue, but not one that doesn’t have solutions) Though that wouldn’t have been lucrative enough for you guys over the years.

TL’DR - When you take fun things away for the sake of balance and or money, you still take fun things away. So look at your sub numbers and keep wondering why cash shop isn’t cutting it.