Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

Well here’s 1 example, Blizzard, can you please also consider mounts as well?

I didn’t know we the customers were Santa Claus, shouldn’t it be the other way around?

1 Like

How is implementing unarmored mounts in Classic taking away exclusivity from those that earned them when Vanilla was retail? How are mounts different from any other item no longer available in retail?

:cactus:

5 Likes

Blizzard you are giving us the old mount system so give us old mounts too.

You can eve make the unamored mounts not time limited I really don’t think anyone cares about that part. They are just cool mounts.

7 Likes

Okay but here is the thing…They are using the riding training from before 1.12 so they are picking and choosing parts of what they want.

Claiming it wasn’t in 1.12 doesn’t really matter at this point.

5 Likes

They are using the 1.12.0 system of mount/training cost.

BOTH systems were used in 1.12.

The change was not made until 1.12.1.

The system they are using might be the last system used, but it WAS in place in 1.12.

So they are cherry picking 1 month of content regarding the mounts, but not a span of 5.5 months? Cool, I’m glad to see we are discussing minutia now. They are cherry picking all over the place, as I demonstrated in my last post. Thank you Saebellia for doing the leg work.

6 Likes

For the past 2+ months I’ve been logging in every day to the forums to check if there is a potential update to the Unarmored Mounts and I have this slight hope that one day I will come in and see a blue reply and it will be a positive one. Nope. Still nothing. Hope China does you better, Blizzard.

3 Likes

I feel Blizz gave a very solid and straight forward reason as to why they are not going to put in the unarmored mounts. They had to make a decision that not everyone will be happy with, and that’s OK!

As a game developer, they should stick to their guns on a specific content patch to run Classic on, along with any altering changes that best fit that mold.

I feel many in the community are expecting Blizz to spend a lot of extra time and resources to try and make Classic more “classic” by implementing a few things for a very short period of time, which as Blizz has already stated wouldn’t be conducive or helpful to those player who want to enjoy the journey and take their time leveling.

• edited to be more empathetic and understanding instead of mean spirited with those who are upset over this issue.
2 Likes

You’re right.

By their own logic, blizzard needs to remove all the raids and level 60.

5 Likes

Good job. But if you put your feelings aside, you’ll fine this decision to be illogical and borderline irrational.

They’ve been pretty transparent about that, so without any evidence, I’m not really sure where your getting this feeling.

Want to know something? This argument you’re making is known as “The Wall of No” which was made when people asked for a vanilla server, which has been a player base request since the first expansion.

Guess what? Classic is coming. Mocking people isn’t an argument.

6 Likes

Not sure what your trying to say, everything is kinda broken apart with no meaning.

Sorry if my opinions and feelings are different from yours, more sorry you are triggered and upset over something that you have no control over which Blizz has already made final.

Hope you still consider playing Classic once it releases next month =)

1 Like

I feel blizzard gave a half-hearted reason, one that doesn’t hold up to any scrutiny for those who actually know what amount of time any player would take to level to 60. My 10 year old nephew, who has an allotted amount of time for electronics was able to level 0 - 60 in 4 weeks, he also plays fortnight(~_~;), and WC3.

They really didn’t, tell me how having the mounts in the game would make someone unhappy? Aside from those that don’t want to make the effort… which is a choice.

I really don’t, as I’ve asked in my first few posts, if its an issue of resources and or time due to lost files or things my non-software engineer brain doesn’t compute. I wouldn’t hold blizzard accountable for that reason.

Again, does blizzard want players to log into BFA 90% of the time and just ‘Look through a glass’ at their “Museum Piece” which clearly shows its unauthentic like a Mona Lisa photo copy who’s eyes don’t follow you through the room?

I guess sub numbers will eventually show them the error of their ways… Oh yes, by having Classic share the same sub, it shows they do understand they’ve made mistakes.

We asked for Vanilla quite frankly the best game Blizzard ever put on the shelf. We are getting AAA 2019 logic, can’t upset players that can’t handle not earning rewards. Which goes against the core of Vanilla.

Couldn’t be further from the truth, sorry BLIZZARD, but Acti-Blizz literally FKD the game into the dirt with corporate greed, while leaving you guys mopping up the PR with “We did these things with good intentions, and the players wanting the easy route.”

New players, have missed out for 10 years void of a great MMO. This is BLIZZARD’s chance to capture these players.

I see you’re blindly following Acti-Blizzard’s poor decision making, BFA is ----> that way.

4 Likes

It would be solid if were applied across the board. As it is ONLY with regard to unarmored mounts it is shaky at best, deceptive at worst.

7 Likes

While I can understand where your coming from with well thought out responses, the unfortunate reality is that what’s done is done. Perhaps I could have been a lil more empathetic.

If their choices create so much anger in others, then perhaps those players should ask themselves is this a good fit for them? If your really that unhappy with Blizz’s choices, you don’t have to play.

Having 1 monthly membership to play either retail OR Classic sounds like a good move actually, as by setting up a separate billing just for Classic would create more issues than most realize.

Blizz would need a completely independent billing team just for Classic.

You would be forcing players who enjoy both Retail and Classic to pay 2 monthly subs or to choose only 1 play style, which doesn’t make a lot of sense.

At the end of the day, I simply refuse to let Blizz’s choices or anyone else upset me or deter me from playing what I feel will still be a great Classic experience. =)

2 Likes

But you’ll downplay and outright insult others that don’t feel the way you do?

6 Likes

You misunderstand my stance on the shared sub, I absolutely love it. I currently play BFA a lot, I just don’t love it, because it feels like a solo play slot machine.

Does this mean you want the mounts in the game?

1 Like

As I said, I could have been a lil more empathetic, if you want to quote things, at least read over everything =) Oh, and I like your prickly green cactus.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, I’ll play Classic with or without the mounts. Even though I hate what has happened to the game I’ve still been subbed for more time than I’ve actually played these past 10 years. I’m the guy that hopes my subscription $ go towards making the game good again.

My fear is that Acti-Blizz will continue poor decision making practices that IMO have lost their fan base, and worse will keep potential fans from playing their games.

1 Like

I can totally understand your feelings on that, and I think I owe everyone my own apology for coming across so brash with my mean spirited remarks earlier.

There were a lot of well thought out reason why players wanted unarmored mounts which I stepped on.

My apologies, and I do hope we will see better in the future from Blizz on decisions.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I’ve always heard I’m a rather plainspoken person.

Maybe it’s a matter of setting aside feelings for facts, and the understanding of context. If that evades you, the issue of what is and isn’t in classic, then I’m sure you’ll happily tramp along through classic if it looked like Minecraft.

1 Like