Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

#ForTheMounts

#ExceptForShimy

Lets not fill the thread with more useless information.

My speculation is, you’re still here on a crusade for Holy grail 1.12 authenticity, because at the moment we are getting 1.12 AV which I admit is sad.

We are here, because we want Vanilla authenticity. IMO 1.12 AV is not authentic vanilla AV. I would absolutely support both being in the game. It would be interesting to see which gets que’d for more. At first I thought the epic AVs of old, but as I think more. 1.12 AV would be more time effective to gain rep.

So my final words to you would be hopefully, they do give a choice of Epic AV in classic, and hopefully they give a choice of mounts for 1000g. IMO being authentic to vanilla would have the mounts on a time constraint, but I’m reasonable.

Posting spam in this thread, is not reasonable.

Holding epic AV hostage, is not reasonable.

Holding the mounts hostage, is not reasonable.

3 Likes

I was not aware that facts regarding the actual numbers of posters in this thread was “useless infirmation”.

I was not aware that pointing out that the truth there are less than 2 dozen posters in this thread that are arguing for those mounts, despite attempts to inflate that number or imply that the number is larger than it actually is, constituted SPAM.

I was not aware that pointing out that three posts discussing bumping constituted “about 10” or that pointing out that there were three posts doing so constituted “SPAM”.

Didn’t you just tell me to die and get cancer because I disagreed with you on a minor topic?

4 Likes

You’re right, when I was looking at the last 10 mentions of “bump” I was mistaken… It was only 3 in the last few hours, but 9 over the course of the last two days between the three of us. Regardless, we’d spent the last 10 posts discussing whether or not the replies on the thread were even viable support of the topic. Which, honestly, who cares.

Perhaps a more pertinent question, why do you care? I don’t mean that sarcastically or to come off rude, but why do you care to keep replying about this issue? If you don’t want the mounts in game, that’s fine, but what do you gain by now spending your time trying to tear apart the validity of the thread and pointing out that people want a bunch of different things? You don’t seem to be enjoying yourself, and you’re doing a mighty fine job of keeping it bumped :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Exactly, which pushes the conversation off the screen for new people to the thread and create needless mud no one wants to read. They came here for the topic.

3 Likes

Your first post was funny, because I mistook it for a joke. It would seem that you came here to try and derail the thread and get someone in trouble. Could you please direct me to said offense? I’m curious what minor topic this is.

Given that your first post was 12 days ago, and I don’t see your opinion on the subject… other than to bait someone into a ban. Given 12 days ago, I was pointing out someone else’s behavior, who is obsessed with the term “forum vaction” and Shimy as well.

Since you are someone else, can I ask you;

Are mounts really something too rewarding to players that play Classic day one? If you don’t want them in the game, a response like “unarmored mounts are ugly and I don’t want to see them in classic at all.” Is however staying on topic.

4 Likes

You got me all wrong Dimitra

For one, I think you are awesome.

The disagreement between Shimy and I took place in another forum that has since been deleted, tbh I can’t even remember what the OP was talking about. Shimy was arguing with people about the unarmored mount issue and kind of being a jerk in that forum, and I threw in my 2 cents. What I said was while I would love to have unarmored epic mounts in classic, I also think the players that earned them 15 years ago should be able to keep that exclusivity. 15 years ago it was a lot harder to hit max than it is now, we have so many resources for information and we just know what we are doing better. Those players that hit max in the early stages of vanilla have a cool badge of honor, and it kind of takes away from the epicness if they started giving them out again in classic. That is literally all I said, and Shimy, who was already being a jerk to almost everyone in that forum, told me that I should go choke and die and get cancer, and they were not just being funny.

I felt that was pretty out of line, especially over an issue as trivial as unarmored epic mounts. But Shimy has a reputation of being super nice to people that agree with them, and being unable to act like an adult when faced with opposing opinions.

2 Likes

Sorry for the mistake, I am human and passionate after all.

It does bother me when muck gets thrown about, I just haven’t seen it in this thread save a few individuals. I have no problem with opposition either, just haven’t seen anything legitimate since the first 50 posts or so.

You’re right, there is some form of watering down for players that did receive them in 2004/2005. More players will have them, because they’ll know whats coming. IMO, there is enough seperation between the two games that players can tell, and admire well enough that one was earned in 2004/2005, and another in 2019.

My counter to that is, WoW was great because there were players that were prestigious because of their efforts. I started WoW summer of 05 at the same time as my first job because all my co-workers were leveling while I was still playing FFXI.(Still do)

If classic doesn’t have prestigious rewards, I fear new players won’t have the same sense of awe. The same awe I had starting out, late. Hopefully, 6 years from now when we are fighting in Classic Wintergrasp they’ll have a similar sense of awe.

Like you said, we are at 15 years, there is a new generation of players that in my opinion have missed out for 10 years; void of a great MMO. One that doesn’t make players prestigeous because they titanforge x2% x2% x2% x2% x2%, one that rewards players for their efforts.

I liked the design and philosophy of 10-15% drops for epics, that is RNG not winning the lottery. Once time and effort was put in, you got the gear, it was your turn to finally go smash people’s face in, or look cool.

4 Likes

The other problem I see with unarmored epic mounts in classic is just how they would be implemented. I am 100% against making new ways to earn them, I’d like classic to be as authentic as we can make it. There are options that would work though, but they come with their own issues.

I think the best implementation would be to keep it how it happened in vanilla, have the unarmored mounts available for the first few months or so. The problem with this though has already been addressed by blizzard, in that it would cause players to try to rush to hit max to get their unarmored epic mount. Personally, I don’t think that would really be an issue if we allowed them to be purchased up until something like phase 2.

Like I said before, I personally would LOVE to ride an epic unarmored mount in classic, but I also am for keeping their exclusivity, so really I am more in the middle with my stance on the matter. If we get them, cool, if not, cool.

2 Likes

This is 100% my issue, like you I would LOVE to ride one, but if blizzard doesn’t put them in, I can move on and play a great MMO again. The fact that content is flowing out authentically as possible, and mounts not being considered content has me scratching my head.

What kind of player isn’t going to be riding a 100% mount… 2 - 6 months from launch of classic? The original mounts were available to players that started Vanilla day one for 5 months, 12 days.

Their reason, isn’t their REAL reason, or like Hetu put was half hearted at best, and wasn’t internally consistent with their reasons for leaving/changing things.

I think the best way to handle this would be a blue post or blizzard stating: We’ve seen some interest regarding our position with unarmored mounts, we’ve revisited and discussed the topic. We’re proud to say they’ll be in the game, but who knows for how long…

If you can say this for peoples cash in their wallets, why not for their time? Which you shouldn’t be trying to manage anyways.

5 Likes

I mean you guys keep talking with him. Just ignore him and hopefully he goes back to his cave eventually. He is a sad individual I think we all can agree on that.

4 Likes

The absolute only difference for this mount vs all the other items they’re releasing on a classic schedule, is that this item would be going away rather than being added.

Based on my three scenarios earlier:

1. They leave the mount out and lose the trust of most of the people who have been playing on the P-servers the last 10 years. Blatantly not including content will just tell people that they aren’t dedicated to recreating Classic, and will pick and choose what they think will be “best” for us. Many will still play, but it won’t be with a sense of faith in the devs. Yes, at the end of the day this all comes down to subscription numbers for them, but part of why we want to subscribe at all is for the authenticity of it. Leaving out the mount MATTERS.

2. They include the mount briefly, and at worst a few people “rush” to 60 and get their special mount. Those of us who daydreamed about that mount since we were 13 will get the chance to get it. And here’s the important part, we get to RELIVE THE NOSTALGIA! That’s what is going to make us play classic. Surely blizzard doesn’t think that as soon as people hit 60 and get their white raptor they will instantly unsub?

3. They leave the mount in alongside the epic armored mounts forever. People can choose whichever they actually want, and the mount is less special than we remember, but at least they haven’t removed something from the game. I honestly think blizzard is discounting how much of an incentive it was to socialize and be part of the game world when you saw that one epic guy in Orgrimmar or Stormwind hanging out on their epic mount in their epic armor. It made me want to keep playing and do all the cool things that guy was doing.

In the end, this is just another case of “You think you do but you don’t” where they’re making decision based on projected income vs. recreating the thing that got them 12 million subs in the first place.

7 Likes

The best way to handle it is to cave and give you (general you, not specific) what you want?

IMO, the best way to handle it to stick to their guns and not cave.

If you give a mouse a cookie…

I think they should do what the original game did and not do their cherry pick version. 4 months is a long time and if you can’t get it in that time too bad. I won’t be getting the limited AQ mount or title, but I won’t be making complains about it and demanding they remove it because I can’t get it.

7 Likes

If they “stuck to their guns” and didn’t cave, we wouldn’t be looking forward to classic right now.

5 Likes

I 100% agree with this stance.

3 Likes

Yes, they caved and gave the mice a cookie. Now, look at the mice complaining that the cookie is not good enough and demanding their glass of milk.

It took 10 years and hundreds of thousands of signatures to convince Blizzard to make Classic.

Are those who want those umarmored mounts ready and willing to match that effort–gather hundreds of thousands of signatures and wait over 10 years?

Eh, the mice asked for chocolate chip and they are giving us oatmeal raisin. As far as I’m concerned, the 10 years and hundreds of thousands of signatures were already asking for unarmored mounts, because that’s Classic.

6 Likes

That is your opinion.

Those mounts were not always sold by vendors during vanilla. Not having vendors sell them is every bit as vanilla as having them.

Many things changed during vanilla and either version of those things that changed is in keeping with vanilla.

Blizzard has decided to go with 1.12–a version of vanilla in which those mounts were not sold by vendors.

I’ve asked several times, but to date no one has been able to provide an example of something that will not be in its 1.12 version when implemented in Classic.

Based on the latest word ftom Blizzard, that apparently includes vendor sold epic mounts, which will be in their 1.12 version when epic mpunts are implemented in Classic. That epic mount implementation date just happens to be day 1.