Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

The mounts not being in the game isnt the end of the world, however it shows that they are catering to the casuals and god knows whats in store for us to come.

5 Likes

That’s the most concerning part to me. They have said they will be leaving things in to make it the most authentic experience they can as long as it doesn’t have an effect on gameplay, yet this, which doesn’t affect gameplay, is being changed. It seems arbitrarily selective.

For instance, they are leaving in the fact that some quest turn ins show up as a dot, and others later show up as a “?” because that’s authentic. Which, honestly, is great imo. Why, then, is there an exception made for something else that would have been authentic if left alone, and that doesn’t affect game play?

That said, the fact that we’re concerned about this now, rather than concerns over implementation of a cash store or something else egregious like we were a few months ago… at least that means they are doing a pretty damn good job. I just wish they’d be internally consistent.

4 Likes

Was having a discussion with my brother last night, and he brought up a good point. He brought up gym’s and their memberships, a gym’s business model isn’t built to get more people fit, that’s just the face or the shell.

A gym loses money when their customers use their equipment, open the front door and let AC out of the building, swim in their pool etc. They’ll have a facade, be friendly and make you think they want you to come back. They’ll promote their gym’s trainers and other incentives to get you to buy more things.

A gym’s most lucrative customer is the customer that show’s up for 2 weeks, then never shows up again but forgets to cancel their membership, or keeps it because they believe they’ll get back to it.

In my opinion, this applies here as well. The neck beard is the customer that shows up daily, uses the equipment the hardest, and longest. They’ve tailored the game towards the casual, because they are the most lucrative.

The difference is, unlike a gym that has a lot of healthy people showing up daily, with a plethora of equipment to choose from. The game, is more like a gym filled with unhealthy people that show up hit a machine and get a coupon for a cheeseburger afterwards.(I love cheeseburgers)

This ended up being longer than I wanted but w/e

TLDR

Neckbeards that obtain prestige rewards like HWL, or unarmored mounts aren’t the most lucrative customer. Even though I would argue players that obtain these things drive others to get them as well, which is its own value in its own right.

2 Likes

The accuracy of that analogy is wonderful.

That said, working off of that logic, I think completely removing the mount is not a sound monetary investment. There’s really just three scenarios:

1. The mount gets left in, and removed at a certain patch. In this case the neckbeards ( I include myself in this group :stuck_out_tongue: ) are going to grind hard and get the mount before it’s removed, and it will be arbitrarily worthwhile because of that. This will be classic, but leave the casual players no way to obtain it.

2. They don’t put the mount in at all. No one gets the mount. None of the people playing classic for the first time realize they are missing anything, and the old school players will grumble and be glad that there’s no cash store, we guess. But more importantly, the game now lacks something for people to spend time on.

3. They include the mount and don’t remove it at a later date. This does two things. It leaves in the classic mount, making the game more intact than not including it AND it gives players something to work towards. I remember the first time I saw a Night Elf on a rocket chicken or whatever gnome mounts were called, or seeing a Tauren on a skeletal warhorse. It was crazy. I had never thought about it being possible, but suddenly I was spending a lot of time grinding reputation for no other reason than I wanted to be on a certain mount.

TL;DR Blizzard, leaving the mounts out does not increase subscriptions, but leaving them in absolutely will.

4 Likes

Possibly. Bump.

3 Likes

IMO, this would be ideal, AND is the current reason they are not putting them in. Let me argue against again… What kind of player, isn’t going to be riding a 100% mount in 5.5 months from launch of Classic?

Are you guys really not putting the mounts in because players will not be able to obtain them if they trickle into the game 4 months post launch? Are mounts really something too rewarding to players that play one of your games day one?

2 Likes

Listen to your customers and make the game original like it once was. This company doesnt listen and i find it harder and harder to justify giving them $

4 Likes

Tick-tock, Blizzard. There’s about a month left and you still haven’t addressed your fan’s concerns.

4 Likes

reminder that blizzard deleted a thread with over 1k+ posts and this is the second one now over 2k+ posts in total in those 2 threads alone and they are still ignoring their potential customers. this company is beyond foolish.

2 Likes

At the time I write this post, there are approximately 1049 posts in this thread. There are only approximately 24 posters in this thread, though.

Of those 24 posters, two are responsible for over 230 posts. Almost a quarter of the posts are from only 2 people.

24 people does not seem like many to me, let alone the majority as some want to claim.

That does even take into account that not all of those 24 posters are pleading for those unarmored mounts.

2 Likes

About to get temp banned for telling some low iq troll to die, good luck my friends

2 Likes

We need you here, Shimy I would’nt.

For the mounts!

4 Likes

Coming here, trying to devalue 24 player’s dedication towards a topic that is;

Established knowledge that 9X% of players couldn’t be bothered either way.

24 Players out of the rat’s nest that is muck flingers, trolls, and toxic keyboard warriors that plague this forum. Could be 75% of the populous that genuinely use these forums for their intended purpose.

500+ players have signed the petition; how many are not aware of Blizzard’s double standard on a topic that 9X% wouldn’t be bothered to seek out or worry about?

Please keep the thread on topic.

Fesz, what kind of player, isn’t going to be riding a 100% mount in 5.5 months from launch of Classic?

5 Likes

I noticed the lack of classic mounts the moment I rolled through Mulgore, but if I hadn’t been invited to beta I would have never given it a second thought that they wouldn’t be included. What you see as a lack of response may be less about the number of people who care, but the number of people who even know about the issue. Even if we were only a small vocal minority, that doesn’t mean our arguments are unfounded.

This issue has received a steady stream of replies over the course of a month. Blizzard deleted the original post, but imo their official reply to the issue was half hearted at best and wasn’t internally consistent with their reasons for leaving/changing things. As long as I can keep replying with things that aren’t “bump,” I’ll be continuing the thread either until launch day, or when a Blue post addresses this in a way that’s satisfactory to me.

Not including these mounts would be like not including the disgusting oozeling or the crimson drakeling for some reason like “Leaving them in would encourage high level players to farm low level content and disturb lower level players” or something like that.

4 Likes

How many of those less than 1100 posts are simply bumps?

500+ signed a petition?

There were hundreds of thousands of signatures on the petition given to Blizzard before they alannounced that they had decided to make Classic.

1 Like

Not many, unless you’re including your unintentional bumps.

Fesz, are mounts really something too rewarding to players that play Classic day one?

5 Likes

What exactly is wrong with bumping anyhow? It shows people are still interested in the topic and want it discussed. Also, if you search for “bump” in this thread you get about 40 results, 10 of which are us talking about bumping right now, and only about 5 of which don’t actually continue to contribute to the conversation.

5 Likes

Your post is only the third post “of us talking about bumping right now”.

Show us all the 10 posts which are “us talking about bumping right now”.

They should include unarmored epic mounts, but make it where Shimy can’t get one. For the lolz

HAHAHAHA, at this point I think a lot of us would fall on that sword.

For the mounts.

2 Likes