Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

I’m pretty sure he’s known for some time now, he pops up from time to time to poke us in the feels and push our thoughts off the screen. The behavior is pretty indicative. He’ll continue to do so, through no argument of his own, all the while “holding the line” aka hiding behind Blizzard’s skirt. I understand this behavior, as I see my 6 year old nephew do it to his older brother.

I’m interested to know your thoughts, personally I’m in this boat;

Mounts implemented day 1 for 5.5 months(Vanilla like) > Mounts available for all of classic at the vender for 1000g(prevents their cherished rush mentality) > Mounts available for 5.5 weeks(will appease hardcore players and exclusivity) > Mounts available for 5.5 days(Blizzard troll) > Mounts not in the game > Cash shop mounts.

2 Likes

I’m not too heavy on the no changes train but I think that’s something small that should be as it originally was.

Then again, I also don’t have a problem with time limited rewards in wow in general. I don’t think people will be speed leveling specifically for those mounts, as they’re arguing. I definitely wouldn’t.

3 Likes

Unless the devs are trying to pull are legs by only adding them in at launch. I could see it happening.

2 Likes

RP-PVP fight is over, can we get this one last win for the community?

9 Likes

they are being so weird and stubborn about this. literally censoring this by deleting a thread with over 1k+ posts. and ignoring this one… what a shame … this company… honestly the worst.

5 Likes

Great. Super. I am really happy for the RP-PVP people. I actually posted multiple times in support in the thread. It looks like we will be the only ones being let down by Blizzard.

Nearly 3,000 repliies in the megathread so far (this one, plus the one they deleted prematurely). Just want to point that out. It’s more than the RP-PVP thread. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Please Blizz, please reconsider giving us the unarmored mounts! It would really enhance the true classic experience knowing they are available as they were before.

Here’s to hoping!

7 Likes

Just two more battles to win:

• Unarmored mounts.
  • 1.5 AV
7 Likes

While true in some cases, this argument does not apply here. Vendors have their own item table in the database that shows which items are available for purchase from that specific vendor. To remove an item from that list does not affect anything in the game other than the vendors item table. In fact, the item would still exist in the game, just not in that vendors item table.

3 Likes

I would say changing a bit of code to include unarmored mounts which were actually in the game is less consequential than being able to set your graphics to see ground clutter movement or change the visibility of the water.

To include such things not from this era while excluding some that were doesnt make me think authentic museum.

To exclude the unarmored mounts entirely because:
we don’t want to put them in for a limited period of time, because we didn’t want to influence people through their first leveling experience. Especially people coming back for the first time. We don’t want people to feel like they have to rush. If you want to level slowly and enjoy the journey, you should. That’s how I like to play–taking it slow, running every dungeon.”
really doesnt have the Vanilla feel.

People pictured these mounts in their vision of Classic … mounts don’t get any more Classic than these.

5 Likes

This key phrase from Blizz earlier, they are interjecting their reasoning because of how “they feel” and should never have added in “that’s how I like to play-taking it slow”

• this alone makes the community feel as though 1 dev decided all this because of their personal play preference instead of coming to the community first and polling correctly to see how the community felt about it while giving feedback BEFORE making such a decision for us.
7 Likes

Zjolnir currently not offering the Ivory Raptor on the stress test. #feelsbadman

Guess our only hope is for a ninja implementation on the 26th, continuing the fight no less. Tick tock BLIZZARD, returning Classic players aren’t children and do not wish to be treated as such. New Classic players wouldn’t be getting a classic experience with the mentality you’re so worried about their need to rush.

4 Likes

Here to support. This would be a good thing in Classic.

5 Likes

I know it seems like a long shot at this point, but I’d personally love the unarmored mounts.

8 Likes

Agreed, Corrupted Ashbringer should be gone, and nowhere to be found in Classic WoW. Blizzard has already stated in the past it was a mistake to put the weapon in the hands of players. Now is there chance to fix that mistake.

Not equivalent scenarios.

CA wasn’t removed during Vanilla’s lifetime; Unarmored Mounts were.

Not removed, just unable to be purchased from vendors.

Now theres a thread about first epic mounts in classic and how soon people will be able to purchase them. This makes the excuse Blizz gave seem even more irrelevant and the decision not to include unarmored mounts totally unnecessary.

3 Likes

/blink
:woman_facepalming:

“take (something) away from use; eliminate or get rid of”

The player was unable to purchase the mount because it was “removed” from the store inventory.

"I’m sorry, you are unable to purchase this item because it has been “removed” from our inventory.

/thread

The new blog post by Blizzard:

This line in particular:

Everything about the game—from combat mechanics and talent trees, to character models

Everything

Insert Justin Timberlake judging you gif

5 Likes

Lost hype because of this choice. Completely no sense. Blizzard always finds a way to piss off players.

6 Likes