Unable to use "Find a Community" Search tool

Everything i search comes up ‘no results found’ it is only happening on my main character i play, i have reinstalled wow, disabled addons, delete and restore my character, deleted my wtf folder, restarted my pc, i have done almost everything i could to resolve my issue. Support keeps closing my ticket and telling me to submit a bug report, instead of helping me troubleshoot my problems. Again, i can use the search on my other characters but not on main character.

You are assuming that they can help you troubleshoot, Touche. It sounds like you have already done everything that they could possibly recommend, so what exactly are they supposed to do? Outside of simply recommending that you submit a bug report so the folks who can actually do a deeper dive into the system can take a look?

Game Master’s aren’t programmers, they can only run through the basic recommendations.

For me, the only thing that stands out if you said “disabled addons” and deleted your wtf folder. That isn’t really a full reset of your UI, so I’d want to make sure that you took those steps.

You can try resetting your chat, though I don’t think that will have any impact.

1. Open the WTF directory.
  2. Open the Account directory.
  3. Open the directory corresponding to your realm.
  4. Open the directory corresponding to your character.
  5. Delete the chat - cache . txt.
3 Likes

Out of curiosity, are you using some of the filters available to narrow down results? It doesn’t sound like there’s anything actually wrong with the tool by virtue of you getting “no results found.”

I just tested on my main with all filters open/disabled and got a glut of things not even remotely close to my search terms. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing i can think of is the character itself would be corrupted? I just made a new character with the same name and i can search with it, i can search on every other character except this one… so why am i having this issue? Can the character be replaced by a copy? I am sure blizzard has tools for that… Someone who plays alone and looking for guild/community through the ingame options and it doesnt even work.

1 Like

Yes i have tried all my options with filters to match my other characters when i search … always has been no results.

That tends to be unlikely, if the character’s data was corrupt I doubt you’d be able to log into at all. It also doesn’t save like a file on your computer so becoming corrupt is as close to an impossibility as I can think of.

That is the question, why are you in particular having the issue? Just following up, but you haven’t commented that you did a proper UI reset or tried the chat reset steps I listed.

As for can the character be copied? Technically, yes, but not in the way you may mean. It can be copied for testing, which is what QA may do when looking into the issue.

2 Likes

Yes i have followed your steps and it did not work. Like i said, ive done everything i can on my end, i even replicated class/name on a new character different server and that works. All my characters work except for my main, which is the only one i play. Dont quite understand what problem im having but it def is not my end after troubleshooting everything. Its on blizzards end somewhere, and technically i can join on on different characters and ask for a link, but i feel that defeats the purpose, im not going to explain in detail whats wrong with my character and why i can access it on one but not the other. Ive already submitted a bug report, but i doubt thats going to do anything for me, and feel like my problem will never get fixed.

Some slight thread necromancy here, but I am also experiencing a similar issue with one of my characters. I am unable to view Community Search results on a character I recently purchased a “rename” for. This character replaced a deleted alt that was level 33 and I am now only able to view Communities which have no filtered to be MAX level only. I am unsure if the OP had also renamed their character recently and if that may have potentially been “character corruption” they were refering to.

I have opened an in-game ticket, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this before and knows a work-around?

Have you tried the Full UI Reset that was mentioned above? That will usually fix these sorts of errors.

Yes I have, no change in search results afterwards.

I’m not sure what a Game Master would be able to do in this situation, Saerol, outside of recommending troubleshooting steps, as I mentioned to the OP a couple of months ago.

I would recommend posting a bug report with what information you can so our QA team can try to look into it.

1 Like